Page 238 of 267 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 3994

Thread: Official WWE/TNA/ROH Thread

MLB ERA

Re: Official WWE/TNA/ROH Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    it was a feeder battle royal to see who gets squashed by orton/wyatt. theyre definitely... i hope, at least... waiting to pull the trigger on american alpha til down the road. the wyatts are gonna get a nice little run here though, so they dont need to see aa just yet.
    I wish they had waited and given the Wyatts a longer run and made Bray a bigger deal.

And HOW THE &*(@ did Alexis pop her arm back into f'ing socket!
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I wish they had waited and given the Wyatts a longer run and made Bray a bigger deal.

And HOW THE &*(@ did Alexis pop her arm back into f'ing socket!
    I am waiting to see a .gif of Alexa doing it... the only one I have seen is the one where shes talking to the ref with her elbow bent the wrong way...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

if a title absolutely had to change hands tonight, i almost wouldve preferred aj losing to the wyatts. way to rush that storyline to a conclusion, for no reason at all. this the most interested ive been in the wyatts as a group since their debut.

if a title absolutely had to change hands tonight, i almost wouldve preferred aj losing to the wyatts. way to rush that storyline to a conclusion, for no reason at all. this the most interested ive been in the wyatts as a group since their debut.
    Say what?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ImJussSayin View Post
    Say what?
    Hammer's saying he would have perferred AJ to lose to someone (if a title had to change) rather than the Wyatts. They rushed what should have been a 3-5 month chase into a random Smackdown. I agree with him, if you wanted to build up AA then the Wyatts were the PERFECT team for them to beat 1 on 1 for the belts. Its much like the Y2AJ stuff last year, in previous generations that feud would have taken at least 8 months for the tag team, breakup, singles feud and they did it in like 3 weeks.

I would have liked to seen Wyatts flatten Rhyno/Slater again, the fashion police, or even throw Orton/Wyatt out there individually vs Dean or even Miz at this point for IC belt to fill time and make Wyatts look unbeatable. Then at Rumble have Gable or Jordan (whichever you see more money in) eliminate Wyatt and the buzzards strike and get rid of both. Off you go to Mania with 3 months to build the epic climax of American Alpha defeating Bray and Orton.

After looking at the smackdown list man its kind of barren on the face side, no wonder they put Cena right back in the title picture. I mean you have Dean, Dolph, AA, Beauty/Manbeast, Hype Bros? Thats a steep decline.
    Last edited by Slyder; 12-29-2016 at 10:06 AM.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Ah, I got it. He said AJ lose to the Wyatts instead of 'rather than the Wyatts' and I was like... AJ didn't go up against Bray or anything...

I personally don't really care for Orton with the Wyatts. Maybe because he doesn't blend in with their look and style, who knows. It just doesn't work for me, but looking back, I think Orton himself is stale over the past handful of years. He still resembles too much of his normal self to really feel new or fresh to me.

Now get the Revival up here

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

i couldve thrown a comma in... i would preferred aj losing, to the wyatts. 'rather than' wouldve worked too, but i was in a rush.

I personally want AJ as champion as much as possible. Maybe until guys like Joe and Nakamura come up. Smackdown needs a big infusion of the next wave of NXT talent to come up.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ImJussSayin View Post
    I personally want AJ as champion as much as possible. Maybe until guys like Joe and Nakamura come up. Smackdown needs a big infusion of the next wave of NXT talent to come up.
    agreed, i love aj. the statement was more of a testament to how much i was loving the wyatts at the moment. the wyatts and aj are my two favorite things on the main roster right now.

When I wrote that, I tried to think of a way for AJ to lose that makes sense. I don't think you can make him lose at WrestleMania again. At the same time, he needs to be in a marquee matchup when that time comes. If there isn't cross-brand matches, I can't see a way to make both happen unless he is successfully retaining the title. SD Live lacks the true star power to give him that match outside of a title match, unless it is Cena which I don't think happens.

Mind you, this is predicated on the idea that AJ needs to be in a marquee matchup. Anything less, and I think that is a failure in booking. Same with the fact I don't think you have him lose again at Mania.

You might consider Orton a big enough draw, but I don't think he is any more. Plus, I would expect this Wyatt story to last until Mania.

Cena makes no sense since they already started this back up and they had a nice run earlier this year. So basically this run would last from now until Mania, AJ wins at Mania... so unless you have Cena win at the Rumble and HAVE A VERY SHORT 16th REIGN... I don't see that working. I also don't see him getting to 16 and having a short reign.

Ambrose, again? No. Undertaker? I think it could be interesting, a hell of a draw, but there are a few flaws. Taker has been so loyal to WWE and he gets to hand pick his opponents. Would he choose an outsider who has been around just over a year? Would he being willing to lose to AJ (Again, assuming AJ needs to win)?. So maybe we get an outsider. Angle comes back, has a 1 year run with the company but loses to AJ at this Mania. Maybe We get someone from RAW because maybe winning the Rumble allows you to choose. I am not sure you can pull someone from NXT and push them hard enough in that short of span.

Screw it all... let his reign surpass Punk's

Imagine the next Mania after this one... all of the talent that could be there...

Finn will be back. Shinsuke, Joe, Asuka, The Revival... all of them need to be up in 2017, meaning hopefully on 2018 card. By then would Angle have maybe returned? Will Roode be booked to kind of carry NXT for a little while after Joe and Nakamura are gone? Team DIY and Dillinger may both be close by then. Eric Young could be interesting as well. If booked right for 2018, those guys infused with the current 'New Era' guys could make for one hell of a show.

There is always the risk of injury of course. Perhaps Jericho takes another hiatus as well. But man, he is one of the best things going right now.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

i love the thought of aj getting a long run, complete with a major victory at wrestlemania. but id be stunned if hes not facing cena, and if cenas not closing wrestlemania with number 16.

MLB ERA

Unless Vince pulls a Vince and doesn't do it because most people know about it by now Cena is facing Taker at WM.

That being said, he'll pull the strap from AJ at some point this year for #16

If Vince does pull a Vince, however, I'd bank on it happening at WM as stated above.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

i love the thought of aj getting a long run, complete with a major victory at wrestlemania. but id be stunned if hes not facing cena, and if cenas not closing wrestlemania with number 16.
    I can see that happening, but again, I was just going on the idea that it would be totally stupid to have AJ lose at his first 2 Manias, especially after he started to finally get booked well. Wouldn't be so bad if he hadn't lost to Jericho last year.

MLB ERA

As a side note, Jack Gallagher is now one of my favorite wrestlers

LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000