Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn (8/26)

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    buy: The minute TO doesn't get the ball as much as he thinks he should, then the problems will resurface...plus I wouldn't be surprised if TO gets suspended at some point this season because of his BS. How can the team and TO do well when it seems that no one on the team likes him? It's going to be awfully hard to have business relationship and do what they did last year...especially when he keeps calling out Donovan

+++

Bwitty?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Well...shince when has TO's performance ON THE FIELD been effected by team chemistry. Whether or not he is arguing with his teammates he is still one of the best WR's in the business (him and moss). Although he is a selfish player and talks a lot of smack off the field, he is all about the game and winning on the field. This was evident when TO played in the super bowl when he didn't have too. Also if you were the best player on the team don't you deserve to get the ball more often? If he starts complaining then just throw him the ball. He will burn almost every CB in the game. It can't be too bad to listen to him. Also, look at the Shaq and Kobe ordeal. They hated each other off the field but time after time they performed to their best ability and won. This is kind of the same relationship between mcnabb and TO. Off the field it's fun and games, but on the field it is business...business means business. If he slacks off then he can sure bet himself that he will never get the kind of money he wants.

++++

Ghetto?

MLB ERA
    T.O. T.O T.O. BLAH BLAH BLAH

seriously who cares.

the guy will catch the balls, make the plays, and talk about his ego some more.

mcnabb will throw the ball, and then see what happens from there.

chemistry is a problem but i mean as long as he knows the plays, heres it right, and then goes out and runs the route he will be fine.

BE GONE TO
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

+++

Browntown?

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I'm selling this easily...has anyone noticed the Philadelphia Eagles depth at WR? Or lack thereof? The number 2 guy at this point is Greg Lewis, who was the 4th wideout last year and caught 17 balls. Todd Pinkston is out for the season and Freddie Mitchell is finally out of town, which makes the returning receiver not named Brian Westbrook...*drumroll please*L.J. Smith! With a grand total of 34 catches! The bottom line is, if Owens is healthy, McNabb is not going to throw the ball anywhere else besides little swing passes to Westbrook. Do you think Donovan is going to hate TO so much that he'll look for Greg Lewis first on 3rd and 8? I don't.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

++++

Next up...Cedric Benson, who's on the 34th day of his holdout. Will Benson be worth the wait? Ghetto, go.

MLB ERA
    5.6 yrds per game, 8.1 receiving...buy. yeah he's worth it...but then again right now the bears will take just about any tallent they can get right now. they need to resolve this asap
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

That was in college. +++

Bwitty?

-------------

All those are minuses, by the way.

Brown?

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Cedric Benson will not only be worth the wait, he'll end up being the best running back the Bears have had since Walter Payton...if they hang on to him. Benson is a terrific runner with power and deceiving speed. The guy's college statistics are off the chart too...1293, then 1277, then 1834 yards in his 3 seasons as a starter. Benson is durable...he played every game last year without injury for the Longhorns. Cedric also has an asinine 39 touchdowns in the last 2 seasons...just an insane stat. This guy is the real deal, and the Bears better get him in camp right now.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

+++ but keep in mind Ron Dayne was supposed to be all that.

Prov, what say you?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Sell...he will not be worth the wait this season and it remains to be seen if he will be worth the wait for the long-term as college success does not automatically equal professional success in any sport. He won't be worth the wait for this year because the Bears are horrible, their starting QB Rex "I'm another college QB bust" Grossman is out for the year, and no one really cares about the Bears...no wonder this kid hasn't signed with this team, they'll be lucky to win more than 5 games.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast