Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Around the Horn (8/26)

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I have to say that I stand by Lance 100% on this issue. The fact of the matter is, he's been tested multiple times every single year, he's had people just show up without warning and made him take a test, and still there have never been any positive results. If these French guys are making true allegations against Armstrong, why haven't we heard about this before? It's simply a pure case of jealousy on the French's part...an American has won their event 7 straight times, whereas no Frenchman has won the event in over 20 years.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Easily a point to Browntown.

Matt Leinart is taking one course his final year at USC...Ballroom dancing. Is ballroom dancing a legit course? Browntown, what say you?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Is ballroom dancing a class...this is absolutely ridiculous. As much as we as students hate to admit it, classes involve the following - books, note-taking, tests, and people actually not laughing when they hear it's on your schedule. Why does Matt need to learn ballroom dancing anyway...as a star QB, the only dancing he's gonna be doing is with hot girls in California clubs. Maybe I would answer differently if it were the 1890s, but ballroom dancing is most definitely not a class...just another case of a star college athlete getting by because he's, well, athletic.

Providence?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    He doesn't need to take that specific class, but he just needs the 2 units for one final elective. By definition an elective means you can take whatever you want. The guy is going to play in the NFL, why does he care what he takes for an elective? At least he is actually going to graduate, which is one reason he stayed for his 5th year. Kudos to Matt for actually graduating unlike most college athletes that are going to go pro.

Point to Providence.

Finally..a little love for the Braves: Give me the closer for Bobby Cox in the playoffs and why. Please, Providence.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Kyle and he'll choke, retire, and joins the WWE...seriously, I think it may depend on the situation, but I think Kolb is done closing for the year and Chris may get a chance, but I'm going with Mr. Bodyslam because he throws gas...and if not he'll slam the batters out of the box.

Mr. Browntown, the Horn is yours.

MLB ERA
    I'm also gonna go with Farnsworth. Chris Reitsma has decent numbers, but the bottom line is he has blown 7 saves in 22 chances, which is nearly a 2:1 save to blown save ratio...not very good. Dan Kolb has been inconsistent this entire year...even though he has a 3.94 ERA since the All-Star Break, he's still given up 22 hits in 16 IP and 60 hits in 50 IP overall. Farnsworth, on the other hand, has had one of best years with both Detroit and Atlanta. He has an excellent 2.27 ERA in 55 games overall and has given up a mere 38 hits in 52.2 innings, a vastly better ratio than that of Reitsma or Kolb. Although none of the 3 have postseason closing experience, Farnsworth has clearly been the standout of the trio this season and deserves to get the ball with a 9th-inning lead.

Browntown..a winner is you! The face time is yours!

MLB ERA
    I am the champion!

I know it's a lot of fun to talk about baseball and football and such, and I know I have fun doing it. But I'd like to dedicate this space to a greater cause where everyone can help out a little. www.thehungersite.com is a free site where all you have to do is click your mouse button to help hungry kids in need...and it has other great affiliates such as sites for breast cancer and animal rescue. It wouldn't kill anybody to take 25 seconds out of their day to help others who are less privileged.

And on a sports note, Alex Rodriguez should be the AL MVP. Thanks for your time.

Thanks for your time indeed. We'll see you Monday..Around the Horn!

*Paper Toss*

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345