Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn (8/26)

+++ because you took forever.

Prov?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Curt Shelling bit off more than he could chew. He called to be moved back to the rotation in public, got his wish, and couldn't even get passed the 5th inning. He rushed himself back from an injury that typically takes 18 months to fully heal. The only positive thing that the Sox could take out of last night's start is that it was the longest he's pitched in a while, but then again it wasn't effective. The Sox won't go very far if he can't get it together and I just can't picture that happening. He's pitched poorly all year in every role he's been in. He needs to be a man and admit that he came back too soon instead of worrying about who is on steroids and who isn't.

++++ but a mute for lameness. (Shelling? C'mon now).

Browntown?

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    The Red Sox rotation at the moment is in disarray...and still, Curt Schilling is not the answer at this point. Schilling has had a grand total of one good start since the injury, the infamous "bloody sock" game against the Yankees. However, even in that game Schilling admitted he didn't have his best stuff and let's not forget, the Yankee bats were dead wood after Game 4. This season, in 4 starts Schilling hasn't given up less than 5 earned runs. His numbers are just atrocious...not only does he have a 6.89 ERA, he's given up an astounding 63 hits and 36 ER in 47 innings, as well as 8 HRs in that short timespan. These are Mark Hendrickson-type numbers, for crying out loud. Anyway, the answer to your question is no, unless Boston should be encouraged when a player on the defending world champions pitches like a AAA scrub against the worst team in baseball.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Good stuff, Brown. +++++

Alright...we move on now to football. Brady vs. Brett Favre, as the Pack faces the Patriots in preseason football. When all is said and done...whos' the better QB? Around the Horn to Ghettochild.

MLB ERA
    who's got the championchips...who's part of the dynasty? who isn't constantly *****ing on how he doesn't want to replaced?

need a visual aide? i'm all about helping people out

farve may have the records, but brady has the championchips. and we ALL know in the egomatisitical NFL that it all comes down to the championchips.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

It's FaVre. V before R. Solid answer nonetheless, +++

Prov?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    If you're using championships as the determining factor, then I think most people will say Brady. Well, I'm not most people. I am the anti-Tom Brady fan. I live in New England and think he is overrated. The Pats would not have made the first Superbowl had Bledsoe not stepped in for the injured Brady in the AFC Championship game. And they would not have gotten to that point had it not been for two beautiful snow kicks by Adam. And they wouldn't have won the first 2 Superbowls had Adam not nailed the game winning kicks...if he misses those, then no one even talks about Brady. I hope Brady gives 25% of his salary to Adam. Lastly, I think Brady is a product of the system he is in and the great team he is on. He fits the team, but I think many QBs could have been there and won with that team IMHO.

++++

Brownie?

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    C'mon, I'm a biased Packer fan...I have to pick Brett Favre. There are reasons for it too...one being that Favre is third on both the all-time wins list and the all-time TD list entering this season. Brett has really only had one decent coach, the overrated Mike Holmgren, throughout his tenure in Green Bay and has suffered through such incoherent minds as Ray Rhodes and the current idiot Mike Sherman, best known for not going for it on 4th and an inch against the Eagles in the '04 playoffs and ending up blowing the game. Favre has also won 3 MVPs, a feat that hasn't been surpassed by anyone. And if you're looking for consistency, don't forget about his 11 straight years with 20 TDs or more (30+ in 8 of those). Like Prov said, Brady is very much a product of Belichick's system. He's a solid QB...but lest we forgot, nobody can make more out of a bad play than Brett Favre.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

++++

Guys, you're being owned by a n00b.

Bwitty, horn me.

Well I would have to go with Favre on this one. Although Tom Brady is a great quarterback, he is surrounded by a great coaching staff which includes Bill Belichick. Belichick and the rest of the coaching staff are the brains out there not Brady. Pretty much any quarterback could be placed there. If Favre was placed in Brady's spot the Pats still could've won 3 super bowls in 4 years.

In the matter of Brady's championships won in such a short span...

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS

+++ Although repetition ain't good.

ALrighty, time to take a quick commercial break, and when we return..buy or sell.

HOOORN!

Alright...who wants some Buy or Sell?!

First up: TO...today's TO's first preseason game, and he already has 2 catches for just about 100 yards, and a TD, including a 64 yard TD reception on the first play of the game. So...buy or sell "chemistry" affecting TO's performance? Around the Horn to Providence.

PS: No one wants Buy or sell?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast