Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Player Has/Has Not Impressed You?

Rookie ERA

Which Player Has/Has Not Impressed You?

The whole White Sox rotation, especially Garland of course. They got a nice season developing right now and they're producing for their team. Hats off to them. Another impressive is Dontrelle Willis with the numbers he's putting up. Even though he's cooled off now, Tino put on a great show in the month of May, having 8 home runs in an 8 game span. Before the season started, I didn't expect much out of him offensively so with that said, he has impressed me.

Beltre has been very disappointing and I'm sure Seattle fans will testify. They took a chance on him and it hasn't worked out for them so far. His '04 season is looking like a fluke right about now.
    Another unimpressive is Hideki Matsui. He's just not putting up Matsui numbers. The RBIs are there, but a home run total of 4 in June isn't like him.
    Randy Johnson has been a huge disappointment for me. I'm still looking for that Randy Johnson who threw a perfect game. The Randy Johnson who could still dominate hitters at age 41. He's not even close to that Randy Johnson at this point. Even the Royals handed him a loss. He still has good velocity on his pitches, but his command just isn't there.
    Pavano has been relatively disappointing. He's too iffy. You don't know what to expect from him when he goes on the mound.
    The A's gave Eric Chavez a fat contract with the little money they do have and he's not playing like a franchise player. I know he's in a bad lineup but sometimes you gotta rise above that and carry the team. He's not really the leader type but someone on that team needs to step up and I'm looking at him.
    In the years after his Cy Young award, Barry Zito has seemed to get worse and worse. He just recently got his first win of the season, posting six losses. Looks like he should have been the first of the big three to go.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I think Beltre will improve after the All-Star break. Part of his struggles is he's playing in Safeco and that's not the best hitting park in the majors to boot.

AAA ERA
    rich aurilia has not impressed me at all...either has paul wilson or eric milton.

MLB ERA
    Dan Kolb has not impressed.

AA ERA
    Sosa hasn't impressed and Derek Lee has.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Brady Clark has impressed the hell out of me. So has fellow Brewer Derrick Turnbow. The least impressed has to be Jason Schmidt. I am afraid the he might have a shoulder injury. Randy Johnson has been a disappointment too.

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss November
    In the years after his Cy Young award, Barry Zito has seemed to get worse and worse. He just recently got his first win of the season, posting six losses. Looks like he should have been the first of the big three to go.
    Zito hasn't been getting any run-support. His run-support numbers are among the worst in the majors.

I definitely agree with your sentiments about Chavy. I guess we should have kept Tejada instead. He's just tearing it up and looks to be a MVP candidate again.

MLB ERA
    Derrek Lee has probably surprised me the most (non-fluke category), and Eric Chavez has been my biggest disappointment. I pegged him for an MVP-type season this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    The A's scored a total of 3 runs in his 6 losses...half a run a game. Zito theoretically could have gotten 3 wins if he won 3 games 1 - 0...

Chavez has not impressed, but he's been playing well lately.

Dan Kolb has made me sick.

Expected more HRs from Giles.

Derrek Lee's been a beast.

Garland had impressed.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Halladay looks to be back to his 2003 form, Brian Roberts and Erik Bedard form the O's

Vernon Wells has been disappointing but his numbers are picking up lately
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA
    Honestly, I expected Kolb to tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

I expected him to be decent. Not Adrian "El Duquecito" Hernandez bad.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AA ERA
    Great thread and breakdown, Miss November.

Which players impressed me? Lew Ford. Last year, he was a reveleation. Some Twins fans wondered if he was a flash in the pan, but he is having a fantastic year this year again. Carlos Silva is having a fine year. I think he should be in the All-Star Game. I think he is establishing himself as a great starter. Brian Roberts is similiar to Lew Ford. Miggy Tejada is having a MVP year. I would give the MVP to him at this point. Brad Halsey has been very good for the D-Backs.

Which player has not impressed me? Dan Kolb has been a huge dissapointment. He was expected to do a great job as the Braves closer, but he has been a trainwreck. Eric Chavez has been brutal. Kaz Matsui has been a joke. I recall DK telling me how Kaz is going to be a special player last year. HA! Carl Pavano has been a joke. Dwayne Brazelton is probably going to be a bust.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    I'd have to agree with all the Dan Kolb arguements, he's been nothing short of awful.

Ted Lilly has been disappointing to start off, he's been struggling alot lately, and his curve isn't up to speed where it was in 2004.

And yes, Beltre and Chavez are definitely on the radar for the worst starts this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast