15 46.88%
  • Not Hall of Famer

12 37.50%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: McGwire a HOFer?

MLB ERA
    Not uh. No HOF for Big Mac.

AAA ERA
    I keep reading about Andro, what does Andro ahve to do w/ this? Mark didn't break down in front of Congress b/c he used Andro, he obviouslu used more than that. The Andro was fine, it was available over the counter at the time.

MLB ERA
    He obviously used more? What did he use then?

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    He obviously used more? What did he use then?
    Steroids, if you guys think all he used was Andro then I guess you don't think Bonds used anything either.

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    I think he gets in eventually.

The cloud that hangs over him for "not talking about the past" will be part of the reason it takes him a few years to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83
    Btw Mcgwire never admitted of taking any steroids, and till this day there hasn't been a positive steriod test on him.
    And there never will be a positive test on him because they didn't test when he played.He's out of the game and more-than-likley doesn't take them any more if he did while he played.Therefore,he will never test positive.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central

MLB ERA
    So if people hold it against him for not talking in front of congress are stupid. Some people dont wana talk about the past, and some do.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    Steroids, if you guys think all he used was Andro then I guess you don't think Bonds used anything either.
    Great there you go again being prejudice like always.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ouch.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2677950

The AP contacted, via e-mails and telephone, about 150 of the approximately 575 present or former members of the Baseball Writers' Association of America who are eligible to cast ballots. Of that number, 125 responded, including 25 AP sports writers. Most of the voters' names were obtained in the Major League Baseball media directory.
    And the breakdown was:
    • 74 will not vote for McGwire.
    • 23 will vote for him.
    • 16 are undecided.
    • 5 refused to say.
    • 5 aren't allowed to vote by their employers.
    • 2 will abstain from voting.
    That means if all the undecideds and those refusing to say voted for McGwire, and everyone else voted, McGwire would need 84 percent of the rest to get into the Hall.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83
    Great there you go again being prejudice like always.
    He's prejudice because he insinuates McGwire used roids and happend to include Bonds' name in the statement?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    I guess its ok to accuse someone of taking roids without any proof/evidence or even a positive steriod test.

So then we should start questioning every single baseball player since the 1960s? Since steriods started in the 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    This assinine post implies that white guys are not as good as latino or black players.

I'm very tempted to report your post for its racist nature. Last I checked that's against the forum rules.
    While I think the argument itself is ridiculous, nobody was comparing the talent level of Caucasian players to that of African-American and Latino players. His point was that a player pool consisting of all three races is superior to that of just one (in this case, only Caucasian players). And I would pose the argument that any viewpoint that disagrees with that would be a hell of a lot more "racist" than the original statement.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I go back and forth. I try to remain optimistic and forgiving. In my theory, whether or not he makes the HALL, he still made millions and can live comfortably for the rest of his life. So, maybe if he is not a first time ballot, but possibly elected another time, this may send a message enough to these players and their egos that you cheat, you don't get your recognition that you may deserve. points to ponder!

MLB ERA
    Say whatever you guys want, but Its MY opinion based on facts, you guys dont have to agree with me. Just like how you guys have your opinion about Bonds and McGwire, ect.......... Yes I hold a grudge against Ruth, Cobb and all those greats of that era.......... Just the same grudge you guys hold against Bonds and McGwire.

AAA ERA
    yes.. yes he is....

bonds is not

but mcgwire is i have no reasoning here, just the way i feel

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by krush
    While I think the argument itself is ridiculous, nobody was comparing the talent level of Caucasian players to that of African-American and Latino players. His point was that a player pool consisting of all three races is superior to that of just one (in this case, only Caucasian players). And I would pose the argument that any viewpoint that disagrees with that would be a hell of a lot more "racist" than the original statement.
    There aen't many black players now should that take away from the great players of this era? and after Black players came into MLB there weren't alot of Foreign players- should those players not be considered as great b/c they didn't face foreign competition?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast