Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AL Cy Young?

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Jesus. Halladay's not getting any breaks at all. Two straight years with line drives hit right back at him, he's cursed.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Yep, it's a lock. Why'd he only go 6 1/3?
    I think the Twins winning the game 12-1 had a bit to do with taking him out early...no need to where him down, he must be around 200 IP on the season already and he's a necessity for them in the playoffs.

But yea, Wang won his 17th but Santana has completely run away with this race, and with good reason because he is the best starting pitcher in the game today.

MLB ERA
    First off, gardendumbass doesn't believe in CG's for his starting rotation.

Second of all, the Twins were up 8-0 at the time they pulled him. His pitch count was near 110. Gardenweasle has pulled him a few times this year when he probably could have gone longer, but I'd guess when there's no reason to keep him in there and with a possibility of injury, why do it.

Third, our bullpen has been fairly strong most of the year. No reason to not use them once in a while I guess. *shrug*

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Can't believe you don't like Gardenhire!

MLB ERA
    I can't stand the guy. This is the first year that he's made some decent game-time or on-the-field decisions. HE was a shitty third base coach and he did NOT deserve to take over after Tom Kelly was gone. Kelly built the club that went to 3 straight ALC titles, not Gardenweasle.

MLB ERA
    http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/news_story/?ID=177096&hubname=mlb
    ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) - Toronto Blue Jays ace Roy Halladay was knocked out of Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Angels in the first inning when Garret Anderson lined a single off his pitching elbow.

The 2003 Cy Young winner departed after 16 pitches with two out and runners at first and third. He was taken to Anaheim Memorial Hospital for X-rays, which were negative. There was no structural damage, just a bruise and some residual swelling, and he is optimistic about taking his next turn in the rotation next weekend against Tampa Bay.

"The hurdle in the next couple of days will be to get the swelling out of there and hopefully get right back out there," Halladay said. "We're fortunate to have some pretty good trainers, so I'll just turn it over to them. I don't see it being a huge deal."
    sounds like good news

but Santana been running away with the Cy Young anyway
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Pitch count was pretty high for him and he had a big lead out there.

My ballot for Cy Young goes like this:

1) Johan
    2) Garland
    3) Verlander
    4) Halliday
    5) Wang

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Thing of note:

Since losing Liriano: Santana is 6-0 with a 1.2 something ERA.

I think the name should be engraved now. Hell where would the Twins be if he was out (I think hes more valuable than freaking Mauer and Morneau right now).
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Nick Punto said it best yesterday about how Johan deserves MVP consideration. I don't think it will happen considering lot of players are having good years offensively. You can make a good case that he is the team MVP though. No disrespect to Morneau and he has been good, but let's remember Johan has to win his starts when he is out there for the team to win games so that has to count for something when you look at their rotation. That right there is why he should win the Cy Young.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Someone has to provide offense in order for Santana to get the wins. A guy who pitches every 5th day is not a MVP.

MLB ERA
    After reading this entire thread, I would have to agree with the consensus here. Johan Santana is likely the best pitcher in the AL, this season. Halladay is my 2nd choice and then Wang. Garland has pitched really well recently, but his ERA is a bit too high to be in serious consideration for the award. Contreras would be in position to get more votes than he does, IMO.
    I think Verlander will be in the top 5 or 6 as well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234