Page 15 of 122 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietAcre
    - months ago i put up four long sheets of washable white-board in the computer room, and have enjoyed drawing diagrams on it. i am an inventor (just not an implementor, yet!), so i go through periods where i go crazy with the whiteboards. guys, these things are cheap, you should consider doing this for yourself!
    Yes! I too have recognized the awesome power of the washable white-board. I am a person who does a lot of thinking as I just wake up in the morning and it's extremely varied what I think about. It could be a wallpaper I am working on in photoshop that I am struggling to design, stuff I need to do in the day, a lyric idea, a joke, whatever. Too often before I would get up and just forget all that stuff I thought of by breakfast time but now I am able to write on the board in my room. Granted some stuff is pretty crazy once that I write down but still.

Fishercat, i just moved from Massachusetts and even though i have only completed a two-year degree (Springfield Technical Community College, Springfield, MA) i think i had a good grasp on how education works in Massachusetts. i mean, it's "education", but i really didn't think the state does a great job in that department. i briefly attended Berkshire Community College (Pittsfield, MA, where i lived) and found the staff there to not really give a crap about the students. of course, that school was having a lot of problems. i did think of going to the University of Massachusetts, but heard that even though it's a very popular university in the New England area, it's very much a "drinking university" and that their technology-related programs were less than par-for-the-course as far as universities go. Schools up there are WAY over-priced, my wife and I went to visit Hartford University and walked away shaking our heads that a very expensive university like that couldn't even keep course and admission-related catalogs on hand, and DIDN'T KNOW WHERE THEY COULD FIND THEM. Hampshire College could very well be "different", but I prescribe to the thinking that schools are usually on par with those that encircle them. Just one opinion.
    From what I've read on Hampshire, it's a bit different then pretty much any other college locally, at least in the style of education.

Thanks for the opinion though, it was a bit...enlightening on the situation. I'll be sure to look out for such flaws when I go down to visit.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Good game from Minute Maid today, even though Mulder/Clemens were both 'off'. It was an exciting game. I will have some pics. of it to post later on tonight.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Yes! I too have recognized the awesome power of the washable white-board. I am a person who does a lot of thinking as I just wake up in the morning and it's extremely varied what I think about. It could be a wallpaper I am working on in photoshop that I am struggling to design, stuff I need to do in the day, a lyric idea, a joke, whatever. Too often before I would get up and just forget all that stuff I thought of by breakfast time but now I am able to write on the board in my room. Granted some stuff is pretty crazy once that I write down but still.
    What led you to buying the washable whiteboard? For me, it was going through heaps of legal pads that I "jotted down notes and thoughts" in. With the whiteboard, I can tweak my thoughts and easily make changes without drid up ink pens, broken pencil lead, bad erasers, paper strewn about the whole place. On my four whiteboards I have:

#1 layout of money-making methods I want to put in a website
    #2 layout of what I want to do with our acre of land, garden-wise
    #3 UML-like layout of a feature I'd like to make happen in Linux (where the entire desktop (no bars, menus, nothing) acts as a television screen for surfing the web
    #4 chart with beginning notes on expenses that I can cut back on

MLB ERA
    I have some pics. from today's game:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Random Reds Rumblings-ygpe-jpg  
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Looks like the rest are too big. I'll let mission or someone host them if they want to.

(Mission: I e-mailed them to ya if ya wanna host them. If not, no biggie).

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    What led you to buying the washable whiteboard? For me, it was going through heaps of legal pads that I "jotted down notes and thoughts" in. With the whiteboard, I can tweak my thoughts and easily make changes without drid up ink pens, broken pencil lead, bad erasers, paper strewn about the whole place. On my four whiteboards I have:

#1 layout of money-making methods I want to put in a website
    #2 layout of what I want to do with our acre of land, garden-wise
    #3 UML-like layout of a feature I'd like to make happen in Linux (where the entire desktop (no bars, menus, nothing) acts as a television screen for surfing the web
    #4 chart with beginning notes on expenses that I can cut back on
    I am a person that hates structure and organization in concept but I thrive best when using it. I am a person who takes a long time waking up in the morning. And for quite awhile I was very focused on dreams as I was studying them for a course in HS and I tried keeping a "dream journal" next to my bed but it just wasn't working at all. I am a sloppy writer as it is, let alone when I am still half asleep. I think it was my brother who suggested it to me since he used to map out his week on a couple boards, like upcoming tests, practices and so on. It was a lot easier to get up and write a few big type words that will later jog my memory than trying to find my notebook and clear junk off of my desk to write. And it's slowly has just evolved into my idea board to keep me focused on what I want to do and how I want to implement it.

I am impressed with your setup though, maybe I will get a little more indepth with it one day.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Looks like the rest are too big. I'll let mission or someone host them if they want to.

(Mission: I e-mailed them to ya if ya wanna host them. If not, no biggie).
    No problem man. If not tonight, sometime tomorrow. I am really sorry that I have been so busy lately. I have been in and out of the house all day since 5:30 this morning. I did manage to go see Episode 3 today.... I was blown away. It really made this hell weekend seem not so bad. I'll try to post more on that later.

Anyway, glad to hear you enjoyed the game today CRF. I hope you are having fun on your stay down there bro.

MLB ERA
    Thanks a lot and awesome on Episode 3! I can't wait to hear your review on it.

And I am definitely having fun/the game was awesome. I'm actually going to another one on Friday against the Jays. Instead of sitting behind home for that one though, we'll be in the club seats up from the 1B line. Will have the inside area and the food brought to us there.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Here are CRF's pictures:

That thing of Lidge is pretty sweet. Why don't we have anything cool like that? Houston sure built a sweet ballpark IMO. I do think we have a sweet scoreboard but they don't utilize it as much as they could.

Thanks for sharing.

MLB ERA
    Yeah, that this is cool. They also play music for him when he comes into the game, and of course everyone gives him a big round of applause.

Maybe part of our problem is that we haven't had a Closer with that Bulldog-like mentality over the last eight years.

Anyway, not a problem. I will try to get some pics. and post them of the game on Friday night. (Those will be from the higher up angle, so it will be a different perspective)

Nice pics, CRF!

My wife said that last night I woke up her up because I was "telling them to stop shooting the sunflowers". She says that she asked me (while I was sleep-talking, as I do a lot of) "How come you don't want them to shoot the sunflowers?". She says I then said "Because they're trying to get the seeds". She says I then said "I'm going back to sleep". Funny thing is that I was never awake. I remember NONE of that! I just remember her telling me this last night (hours after the incident). The only things that I can link to that dream (me and Mission need to get together, he seems like my half-twin, LOL!) are:

- yesterday during my walk, I thought the coon-hunters were aiming a rifle (couldn't see, it was pitch black), turned out that it was a beagle-tracking device.

- my neighbor was telling me a couple of days ago that the birds are getting to his seeds in his garden.

- yesterday (the day in which I had the dream at night) I was admiring my sunflowers coming up.

Funny thing is, I can vividly remember dreams that I had as a teen-ager, and I've had some of those dreams multiple times over the years. "The penny in the graveyard" is probably one of the more notable ones that I've had. Another one, could be linked to my mother's death due to getting hit by a train (I had this dream before my mother's death), is when I my grandparents asked me to stay over at their trailer. That night I had a dream that the trailer was in the middle of the railroad track. I can still vividly remember that dream (I was probably 5 years old, 28 years ago), can clearly see that diesel train coming toward us and all of us staring up at the train as if were laying on the tracks.

Here is my mother's picture (I am the one sitting on her right leg, the other kid is my brother):

epvoices

Her name is Mary Elizabeth Nagel Hall, just in case someone is trying to figure out where the pic is on that page. I'm not sure I believe Electronic Voice Phenomenon, but I'm wise enough to know that our lives are just slides in some sort of eternal movie.

I still think that I'm related to the writer with the last name "Nagel", though he denies it. Some of my family lives up there in Ohio.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    That's a beautiful picture of you, your brother and your mother Quiet.

MLB ERA
    Yeah, cool pic. there.

Thanks you all. It seems like only yesterday that it happened. There are days that I refuse to believe it happened. I mean, how ironic. By the time her car was rolled down the track over a hundred feet by the train, it came to rest in between our house and the church across the tracks that we attended. If you ever have a chance to visit northern Kentucky, visit Berry. It's still a really small town. A lot of the early 1900's buildings are gone, but that old-town feeling is still there. Ask for directions to the church that is beside the tracks. When you look across the tracks from the church, there is a new building where my childhood home used to be. (the home burned to the ground in the mid 1990's, years after I had left there)