Thread: Random Reds Rumblings

Rookie ERA

Re: Random Reds Rumblings

Congrats on taking the series. :

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Just hoping its the mid-season turnaround this team needed. First interleague series this team won this season, and the first series they won since sweeping the Dodgers.

Great pitching duels last two games! good luck the rest of the season, from a Yankee h8r and a Red Sox h8r. Go Rays lol

Rookie ERA

Thanks.

The Reds are only 2.5 back, no need to fret until that is much bigger or it goes down to that last week.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm so absolutely tired of this reds team.

They're so hard to watch, their "runners LOB" is killing me. Last year their 2 out hits were among the league best. This year they're terrible at it. Theyre depressing. They aren't making any smart moves theyre running out the same shitty guys and expecting different results.

MLB ERA

This Reds team is SO bad. Wow.

Anyone surprised Mark Hamilton was far too clutch for Cueto? Carpenter in 8th = cool as a cucumber. Cueto = chokes when it counts.

Blame the offense all you want. This pitching staff never makes the big pitches when it matters; the offense can't be expected to score all of the time.

Cardinals players all laughed at Cueto and the Reds after their latest non-clutch performance.

As I suspected, the Cards appear close to pulling away with the division. They appear to clearly have more talent than anyone else. (Even though "other boards" think they are not very good at all!)

The Reds need to start drafting clutch players like Mark Hamilton.

MLB ERA

Edinson Volquez is electric. He just wows you with his pitching prowess.

MLB ERA

By the way - I still have no idea how Bryan Price has a job. His pitchers make head-scratching pitch after head-scratching pitch in the worst situations.

And I'm still convinced this team's advance scouting staff is less than stellar. I see other teams make certain pitches to certain hitters and at certain times and yet this team never seems prepared for other team's trends nor an ability to expose weaknesses.

This seems particularly true against AL teams where the players don't "know" those guys as much. I get the impression the Reds' players have to adjust more on their own than players on other teams because of inadequate advance scouting compared to those teams.

MLB ERA

Phillips did not get it done in the clutch that time. The Garcia/Molina tandem were too much and Phillips didn't channel his inner Mark Hamilton.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Volquez is clearly lost. And like you mentioned, Price isn't helping. Why not stick him in AAA for at least two months and let him learn how to pitch again.

MLB ERA

Janish and Volquez are the gifts that keep on giving. No way either should be on the team after this series. Just brutal. If Janish can't even provide a little defense he is worthless...literally.

And the team won't spend the money on those clutch/middle-of-order sluggers such as Holliday, etc.

The Cards seem ready to separate from the rest of the division unless something radical changes. The Lohse, McCllelan, Westbrook, Garcia, Carpenter rotation, the bullpen, defense and the lineup of Theriot, Jay, Schumaker, Molina, Rasmus, Holliday, Berkman and Freese already seems too good. Imagine them with a healthy Pujols?

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Volquez is clearly lost. And like you mentioned, Price isn't helping. Why not stick him in AAA for at least two months and let him learn how to pitch again.
    But that's the same question asWhy isn't cozart up in the Bigs when Janish and Renteria clearly are sucking it up?Why doesn't Votto get a day off when clearly he's tired and not getting it done?Why isn't hisey getting a long term look in LF when he's clearly been the best out there?Why doesn't Jay Bruce sit on the breaking ball when he clearly knows that's all he's going to see? Or at least take an extended batting practice on nothing but breaking balls..Why is Stubbs constantly the lessors hitter when he shows more signs of a good #5 hitter than #1. his speed is NOT important if he's not on base!Why the hell is Jeff Brantly in the booth when he clearly can be amazing as a pitching coach. I love the way he calls a game, but he's so much more valuable talking to the players.I'm tired of this players manager bullshit! Grow some balls and make a move when the team obviously is in need! the site apparently doesn't like my "enter" on my phone and jumbles everything together. Prez Wilco said he experienced the same thing....

MLB ERA

Either they have no faith in Cozart or plan to give these two SS one last stand. I've seen plenty of Janish. I don't think Renteria will ever be decent without getting more consistent starts (though he has had more recently). Honestly LF hasn't been a HUGE problem overall lately, particularly with the group of Lewis, Gomes and Heisey getting somewhat more even starts.

The team's pitching is still the biggest problem despite some offensive blackholes and inconsitency at times. The pitching has ALWAYS been the biggest problem. Look at the team's record when scoring between 2 and 4 runs, for example, compared to the Cards' record when scoring the same number of runs. Staggering.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Cue Benny hill...

MLB ERA

Cards blow it open as Mark Hamilton gets it done again and Theriot adds a clutch hit as well.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Walt needs to make some moves outside of the organization to fix some of these problems. That or give up on 2011 and sell whatever we can because this team right now was built to compete. SS is atrocious and even though I think Renteria should play more, I think it would be more optimal if we had a competent SS to use in a platoon.