Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: (Early) team interest thread..

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: (Early) team interest thread..

Buckcheeks - STL, NYGF - Detroit.. if you guys want to swap when he gets his internets up and running this week, since you both listed those two. At any rate,

Arizona
    Houston
    San Diego

Remain. Poor NL West, no love!
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    Nick, just wanted to let you know, I'm here for the ride, no need to worry about that. I'll take the Cards if they're still open. If not give me whoever. Detroit works. Or San Diego if they're not open. But I'd really like St. Louis if they're open
    Aye, all good if you'll be around. My main thing is, with this game being as deep as it is and having so many more options than 6.5, I think everyone will really want to pay close attention for the first season inparticular, just to get used to things if anyway.

Koz has been filling the spots on the main page over the past few days-- I've just been overwhelmed with stuff at home and in part was waiting to see what everyone decided we should go with for the beginning of the league. That being said, if you really want the Cards that's cool with me. I'm not sure where he slotted you in, he PM'd me asking who should take who and I just replied and said GF as Cards is fine, Buckcheeks as DET worked too... or vice versa. But if you'd prefer the Cards and BC is indifferent, then you can take 'em.

Koz also said in PM that the general consensus has agreed we should update rosters while starting in 2009-- that works fine for me, I'm completely cool with. Makes things easier on me even, and is a fair compromise to everyone else. Plus, I can edit the draft class before and while the season is going on. I'd assume everyone would like yr teams' draft selections to mirror their teams' picks in real life, so we wouldn't need to run an on-board or live draft for this first season. That saves time and allows me to edit more players based on that alone, since I don't have to have everything finished X amount of time before the actual draft and can edit leading right up to the draft. If you guys do want to do a live draft that doesn't follow MLB's from this year, that's fine.... but obviously there are players that some teams got better value on (i.e. signability issues), so I think the upside for everyone would be to go with a manual-selection draft this year and a live draft next yr, with live prospects editted in 2010 as well.

I think I'm going to sim TPSL at some point this afternoon and also just lay out a schedule for the next 3 or 4 sims into and through the end of the season. After the sim today, there should be about 3 or 4 left I think until the playoffs. I'm going to schedule them all in a batch so I can get that out of the way. It's just distraciting me from focussing on ideas and structure for the new league, and it has been hard for me to feel motivated enough to sim forward most of the time. Just want to bang it out and move on for now at this point.

Just a mini update and I'll read and reply to more things later I hope. I just haven't had much time lately, or as much as usual anyway, and my sleep schedule was flipped in half until lastnight/this morning. In the next few days I'll be on the site more.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Buckcheeks - STL, NYGF - Detroit.. if you guys want to swap when he gets his internets up and running this week, since you both listed those two. At any rate,

Arizona
    Houston
    San Diego

Remain. Poor NL West, no love!

Hey, if GF really wants STL and he can give me his word that he'll be around enough to maintain them and whatnot, then he can take them. If that's who he prefers and BC is indifferent on things, give GF the Cards and Buckcheeky the Tigers, atleast for now. I'd rather everyone get the team they prefer if at all possible, and if BC is cool either way and GF would prefer the Cards, then just go with that. I know either way it's not a huge difference for them, but if that's a better fit, I'm cool.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

NYGF as STL and Buckcheeks as Detroit works. I just think he didn't want Houston and didn't matter who he got from there. Either way, same teams are still available. Almost full.

Now, if browntown would excuse himself from life and say, take Arizona, that would be gnarly.
    Ted

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    Hey, if GF really wants STL and he can give me his word that he'll be around enough to maintain them and whatnot, then he can take them. If that's who he prefers and BC is indifferent on things, give GF the Cards and Buckcheeky the Tigers, atleast for now. I'd rather everyone get the team they prefer if at all possible, and if BC is cool either way and GF would prefer the Cards, then just go with that. I know either way it's not a huge difference for them, but if that's a better fit, I'm cool.
    Thanks Nick, I appreciate it

NYGF as STL and Buckcheeks as Detroit works. I just think he didn't want Houston and didn't matter who he got from there. Either way, same teams are still available. Almost full.

Now, if browntown would excuse himself from life and say, take Arizona, that would be gnarly.
    It's not the end of the world, but I like their pitching staff a lot and want to see what I can do with that.

I'll let brown know that if he doesn't come on and take Arizona, space-time may collapse, causing all of life as we know it to be destroyed. Hopefully that'll work.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Would this help?

Tell him all of us said that he is scared and can't hang anymore anyways!

LOL

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Tell him he either joins or watches the yankees get swept by the AL Central winner. I think it's an easy choice.
    Ted

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

meh

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HafDawg2003 View Post
    Oh what the hell, give me KC. I've never seen KC be a winner in any league I've been in.
    Yeah the only league you're not in had a winning Royals team... oh wait that died.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    meh

Yeah... as much as I like browntown as a forum personality- and there's no denying that he was a good GM when he was paying attention, and he did build a dynasty-like team for a minute there- I can tell you first hand that he didn't really do much the final 2 or even 3 seasons before he officially stepped down from the spot in TPSL. I appreciate all of the time browntown did put forth into TPSL in the past while building Milwaukee up and winning a couple of championships with them to boot, but part of me feels like if he hadn't left in the first place (along with other guys like perf, theo, etc etc. so by no means am I trying to finger or point the blame solely on browntown in any way) maybe TPSL would still be running strong and we wouldn't have had constant openings for the past two seasons that just never seemed to fill. I mean, there's a ton of other reasons why this thing isn't working anymore. But losing a lot of long-time members, coupled with the fact that there just weren't many, if any other people we could bring in to fill the open teams with, was crippling...

All of that aside, if you guys can somehow talk him into joining up again he knows that he is always welcome if there's an opening, and if there wasn't an opening at that moment I'd always give him a chance to get in as soon as possible. But I'm not the type of person who is going to beg someone to come back if they're not into it, and from my perspective, I just don't think browntown cares much about the sim leagues anymore. I've only seen him browsing the site a handful of times lately, and awhile back he had mentioned in the TLF that he didn't have much time or urge to get on the forums or something like that. Maybe with summer being over and the school yr well under way he (and others with situations alike) will have more time here, but I'm not holding my breath for now.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Just for clarification, I only meant "meh" because I don't see the point in bothering someone to come back to something that they said they were done with. It wasn't meant to be a comment against him in anyway, just in the general sense that when people leave that it's for a reason. If he wants to come back, he will...but no one should persuade him to. It's not the same as persuading someone new to join up IMHO.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Sarcasm typically does elude you.
    Ted

MLB ERA

Life is no reason not to update your lineups.

MLB ERA

Sarcasm typically does elude you.
    clearly, you don't know me that well

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    Just for clarification, I only meant "meh" because I don't see the point in bothering someone to come back to something that they said they were done with. It wasn't meant to be a comment against him in anyway, just in the general sense that when people leave that it's for a reason. If he wants to come back, he will...but no one should persuade him to. It's not the same as persuading someone new to join up IMHO.

Nah I know that's what you meant, that's basically how I feel about browntown and other members who have left recently (or in general). If they want to rejoin the site/leagues then that's great. The more old members we get back, the better as far as I'm concerned. But I just think a lot of people have moved on. I kind of thought that was part of the reason behind the site name, to attract new traffic to regenerate forum interest. The Cubs are going to win a world series before guys like McKain and Fishcercat come back and start posting regularly again.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast