Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The site is up everyone! Read inside for everything that was done and stuff!

MLB ERA

The site is up everyone! Read inside for everything that was done and stuff!

Alright, it's finally up!

OOTP 6 Generated Website

Updated as recent as this morning!

I've created over 100 players, reassigned every minor leaguer to their proper minor league squad, deleted over 150+ minor leaguers that are no longer in baseball, made sure the top 150 prospects of 2006 and most of the current 2007 midseason that weren't in 06 are in the game.

I editted about 60 draft picks from the 2006 draft hammer did that he didn't get to (later rounds, from about 4-on), although some of them are still fake players (very few are, but I didn't have the time to go through and fix EVERY single player, and it wasn't worth it...). If it says "Drafted in 2006, round...." and they're rated 3.0 or higher, they're likely a real player. The ones 2.0 and below are pretty much minor league filler and fake.

I've also created mid-level prospects that didn't crack any top lists, but play roles in their organazations future or current time.

Almost anyone who has been to the big leagues this year is on the team, whether in their minors, or their majors.

I editted and fixed ratings to over 200 players probably. Lord knows they needed it.

There are NO injuries in effect, but most players with MAJOR injuries or players out with significant time aren't going to be to their full talent, i.e. Mark Prior. His talent is something like 9-7-9, but he's 8-6-8 current and prone. This was a fair tradeoff for having no injuries I felt. Also, all injured players are in the minor leagues.

25-man rosters are COMPLETELY accurate as of this morning. Line-ups and pitching rotations are not filled out whatsoever. That's obviously your job. I just wanted the rosters to be presentable when they were first displayed.

Some minor league systems are smaller than others when it comes to players, some are smaller when it comes to overall talent. In other words, some have more quality, some have more quantity. That was how it worked out, but every system has a very good enough amount of talent to groom. I did a LOT of research, so believe me, this came out pretty good I think.

Financial situations may be a tad off, as are payrolls... payrolls aren't going to change much, but the financial situations may change by 2-3 million. I'll ask hammer for his opinion on the situations of some teams and how much cash they should have. If there's a big snafu I missed somewhere, as in a contract, a trade, or something, point it out to me and I'll fix it. No offense will be taken.

The schedule of the year leads off in spring training too, by the way, so everyone can customize their teams right off the bat once we get into full swing.

Last but not least, I used www.baseballamerica.com, Fantasy Baseball - Rotoworld.com, www.scout.scout.com, www2.sportsnet.ca, and mainly. I gathered information from other various sources, but those, especially the first two, were my main places for information.

I've put a lot of hard work into these, about 2 weeks and a bunch of hours a day, so all I ask is you respect what I've done.

Also, I'm giving everyone the opportunity to do this... if you'd like. Scan your team, and if you feel anything major is missing, let me know and I'll add it. If there's nothing really missing, please don't nit-pick. But if I missed something, shit happens, let me know and I'll gladly fix it. Just list it in here.

Again, thanks for giving me this opportunity to make these guys, and here's to having an even more successful 2nd Triple Play Sim League.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Re: The site is up everyone! Read inside for everything that was done and stuff!

Can I have Checkers and Tillman back and the old Huber that won the ROY. LoL.

Nice work there Nick, looking forward to renewing the slash and burn of Kansas City.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: The site is up everyone! Read inside for everything that was done and stuff!

So, are we allowed sending lineups and stuff yet? I want to get mine done while I have the time.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Awesome job nick! You did a tremendous amount of work and deserve a lot of credit for all this.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Witlon View Post
    So, are we allowed sending lineups and stuff yet? I want to get mine done while I have the time.

Yep. Feel free. Dunno when the first sim will be, but... feel free to send line-ups. Spring training is first, however. But I'll accept line-ups prior to it.

Also, exporting might be allowed in the future too... I just need to look into it first.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

nick ****ing rules

Rookie ERA

So glad I picked SF... sure I have no offense outside of a 85 year old Barroid, but Zito, Cain, Lincecum, Lowry and Morris... thats a pretty solid starting 5, with most of them being young. Nice team to build around.
    S3SL: Cincinnati Reds GM 2014-present
    TSSL: Oakland A's GM 2006-present
    TPSL: San Francisco Baseball Giants 2007-present

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Check out Santana/Liriano/Garza/Boonser/Silva or Baker!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Pretty happy with Verlander, Bonderman, Miller, Rogers, Robertson, Tata.... not to mention a few nice spects on the way up as well at SP
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA

Send Verlander to the Twins.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    Send Verlander to the Twins.
    I'll start thinking about that when you think of sending Mauer to the Tigers
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    Check out Santana/Liriano/Garza/Boonser/Silva or Baker!
    So, do you plan on trading Santana and Mauer again this time around?
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Now how is Chipper, Andruw Jones and John Smoltz at 3.5 stars?
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

Nope. My big guns are not leaving. Mauer/Liriano/Santana/Morneau just to name a few will not leave the Twins. I seen first hand what happens when they do leave and the affects it places on my club.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    So, do you plan on trading Santana and Mauer again this time around?
    ahem, Brent Brewer...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast