Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The site is up everyone! Read inside for everything that was done and stuff!

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: The site is up everyone! Read inside for everything that was done and stuff!

I plan on owning the Al Central. Mauer may be the only one available if Dave was serious about Verlander.

Verlander/Santana/Liriano (----- What a group that would be.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: The site is up everyone! Read inside for everything that was done and stuff!

I have Harden and Haren available

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    ahem, Brent Brewer...
    Believe me, he was my biggest concern...HE'S BACK! AND BETTER THAN EVER! Not For Trade because I will not sign Cliff Floyd to a huge deal.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    I have Harden and Haren available
    Looking now.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

I will be sending in my lineups and rotation changes, etc tonight while I'm at work.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

alright Nick, great freakin' job, I love how you re-did the ratings of Marcum, Rios, and Trigpen.
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DravenX View Post
    Now how is Chipper, Andruw Jones and John Smoltz at 3.5 stars?

They're all probably high 3.5 stars when it comes down to in-game ratings (the ratings that are set within the game engine on the player page)... I know Chipper is rated very highly.

It's really odd you see a player land right on 4.0 stars I've seemingly noticed, unless they're a DH or a young pitcher. More likely than not they're 3.5 stars... or a beast and 4.5 stars. atleast that's what I've seen.

I might refine Smoltz a little, after looking at him, because he was one of the first people I re-made and editted.... so I wasn't completely sure what mold to go by. But I'm pretty sure Chipper and Andruw look good.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

McCann and Salty is both a 5 stars. A little surprised when I saw that really. McCann not much but Salty a little bit but I don't know how the stars each player has really affect there play.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

Also, is it possible to call up someone in the league that is injuried right now. Like Mike Hampton for example? Since he is injury would he be injury in the league? This includes the rest also?

MLB ERA

The blue starts are prospect starts. The gold starts are overall.

Bue or "prospect" starts translate into gold or overall stars in time.

I think how it works is, after 2 and a half years on the MLB roster or two full seasons or something like that, you turn into a gold start. Or if you just sit in the minors or receive a late call-up, once you turn 26 you ALWAYS turn into a goldstar.

Your overall rating is the players CURRENT rating, and that will reflect as to how they will play currently, as well as VS LHP and VS RHP.

Your players TALENT rating is their ceiling, and the potential they can reach as they develop. Generally, once a player hits 26 or so their development slows down a bit, but late development can happen sometimes. Best time for development is when they're still in prospect status.

So for example, Salty's current right now is a modest 6-6-7-5-4, which isn't bad, but it's not worthy of 5.0 gold stars by any means or anything.

His talent is quite a bit better as you can see, and that + his age is what earns him the 5.0 blue (or "prospect") star status.

Hope this helps a little bit.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DravenX View Post
    Also, is it possible to call up someone in the league that is injuried right now. Like Mike Hampton for example? Since he is injury would he be injury in the league? This includes the rest also?

Hampton is someone I'm in the midst of creating for the next upload, I was going to create him but just forgot to.

You're allowed to do that though, there aren't going to be any injuries, but with most injured players who have been out of baseball for awhile and will be for awhile(for example a guy like Hampton, who just keeps getting hit with multiple injuries), their ratings aren't going to be as high as they once were. Hamptons talent will outweight his overall more than likely. He's not going to be rated that highly... he'll be servicable probably though, and have room to re-fill out.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

While we are doing some changing what about a BOSI site?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

I dunno really... I dunno where I'd host it. I'm just not that smart with webspace and stuff. I'm amazed I know how to upload this to be honest.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Uploading files to a webserver is pretty simple. OOTP is more complexed than FTP and webpages, or at least to me anyway.

Los Angelos Dodgers GM
    Rookie ERA

Orioles Re: The site is up everyone! Read inside for everything that was done and stuff!

Great job nick. My team looks good. I have no complaints. I have two questions. One is what are we doing about the draft? Will we use the real MLB order from this year? The second is did anyone get any players from the 2007 draft? Just wondering since that would be a lot of work, or that could function as our 2007 draft.

Thanks, and great job again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast