Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pm me changes from now on

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'm not buying OOTP just for one sim.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by albbla2000mu
    Thus saving you time, saving us time, and knowing if for whatever reason it doesnt go through...you have no right to complain. You could even 'sticky' a thread on the main page about the 'no complaining about uploading rules'
    I see what you are saying, but it would be nice if we didn't need to make a rule stating this. It should just be common courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights
    I see what you are saying, but it would be nice if we didn't need to make a rule stating this. It should just be common courtesy.
    yeah, I totally agree. But, I think just getting away from it totally doesnt make much sense for you since it saves you so much time...plus, alot of GM's seem to like it. I just suggest the rule as a warning to people who dont like the way it might go. In fact, it might be a good idea to list 'league specific' rules. such as the 75 million cap, allowing of trading draft picks, etc. Things that arent necessarily known automatically. the rule about uploading can just be a rule, 'you have the option to upload, but do so at your own peril'

MLB ERA
    did you use the condensed file the first few times when there wasnt problems or the larger file?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    I have uploaded the condensed file once before without a problem.

MLB ERA
    Also...a few sims ago there was a problem with Cincinnati's export. I never did figure out what the problem was with that though. It showed on the export tracker, but gave me an error when I imported.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    OOTP and Crazy mix like oil and water.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by albbla2000mu
    yeah, I totally agree. But, I think just getting away from it totally doesnt make much sense for you since it saves you so much time...plus, alot of GM's seem to like it. I just suggest the rule as a warning to people who dont like the way it might go. In fact, it might be a good idea to list 'league specific' rules. such as the 75 million cap, allowing of trading draft picks, etc. Things that arent necessarily known automatically. the rule about uploading can just be a rule, 'you have the option to upload, but do so at your own peril'
    I am fine with PM, but I agree here with albbla. Also, by the way, I was not complaining about the upload not working. I was stating that my did not as well b/c Crazy had stated earlier in the week that no one was communicating about the small file.

I never had a problem downloading the whole league file. I would always just find something to do or read while it was extracting. I am fine with whatever Crazy decides to do, but I agree with albbla and have no problem taking the risk of uploading not working. I enjoy being able to toy with my minor league and experimenting with different lineups. I wouldnt do this every week just to not burden the GM through PM. So, in reality, uploading made the league more fun for me. But, once again, I will stick with whatever Crazy decides.

Rookie ERA
    Yea it would be nice to contol the minors, so we can control development. Many people have the game, might as well use the game.

Just have one file to download. That file would contain just the DAT files and it would be small. Once you export, you can have crazy import to to see if the changes you submitted took. Just tell me some of the things you did and he can check it out for you. Simple as that.

But I will go along with the league, I just think giving up on exporting is bad, cause it is just going to burn out crazy after awhile

MLB ERA
    I'd like to control the minors and the other aspects, but I can do it thru the PM's too.....

And Crazy... I think the rule WOULD be necessary, because it has already been shown that the common sense or common courtesy is not there entirely...
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Personally, if your going to imprort, i think you should send Crazy a PM for reference incase it didnt work. You got to keep your bases covered. thats what i would have done. That why he could check and make sure it worked. Just a Suggestion.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    Personally, if your going to imprort, i think you should send Crazy a PM for reference incase it didnt work. You got to keep your bases covered. thats what i would have done. That why he could check and make sure it worked. Just a Suggestion.
    I don't do the import until shortly before the sim to ensure that I get all of the teams at once. I won't be able to tell anybody if their changes went through or not. It will just be a lot of unneeded PMs. The export tracker was designed so that teams can make sure their exports were entered. It's a very rare instance when the game doesn't import the changes. I could continue importing changes as long as people don't act like the world is ending if this ever happens again. I don't think it will, but anything is possible.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    i thought it would be easier on you if that did happen. That and it would put to onus on them.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    i thought it would be easier on you if that did happen. That and it would put to onus on them.
    I know, and it might. The problem is that if there are 15 or more teams doing it, then that gives me 15 extra line-ups to go through and make sure changes were made. Some changes are so slight that it is difficult to see what has been changed. For example, in the past everything would be correct except for position changes. It would take a lot of time to check each change, which is fine if it is neccessary. Most of the time the importer works flawlessly though. We have used it for every sim this season, and htis is the only time that it hasn't worked. Importing the line-ups helps a lot because it reduces the amount of PMs that I have to sort through.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    ok it makes better sense then. Ive done as commish, HH league but im still trying to get acclimated to OOTP still.

There it is #4,000...................had to say it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast