Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2013 Free Agent Period 4 Signings/Scraps Period

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Re: 2013 Free Agent Period 4 Signings/Scraps Period

I agree Porter something needs to be done in things like this.

Ok sorry for jumping in late, I have been busy the last two days. Wife had to give me a lot of chores.

I may have jumped the gun on resigning but I've been in too many leagues where the commish has no checks and balances, and cheat. Ranging from, raising their overall talents on their specs to speed them up, or a talent hit happens and they lessen the effect, or "bend" their rules to win. That is why I like uploading of files and using the game. I maybe eccentric or something but I save every sim upload and check to see if some odd stuff happen from one sim to another. I was skeptical about no uploads when I found out it doesn't here. Everything seemed cool and kosher and I really was enjoying the league. So when I saw this happened, I was like oh shit damn it, I thought this was a good league..etc..etc...all the shady commish tricks I've seen jumped into my head, so I jumped ship. That is why I jumped the gun.

I think the "In Season" or as you guys call it a scrap signing period needs to be overhauled. It is too flawed because the commish will always have a leg up. A lot of leagues to avoid this kind of stuff do different things.

1. Silent auction, everyone pm's their offers to both the co-commish and commish for checks and balances purpose. Whoever had the highest offer. WINS the contract.

2. Another scenario have a public auction, so people can outbid the other GM's. No foul or suspected cheating can be said.

I really think this needs to be addressed after this season since I don't believe in changing rules during the season. I recommend we figure "change" it for next season.

I have decided to remain, but I am strongly against the way the in season signing process works. This to me is too big of a loophole and advantage not just for the commish. Heck I felt shady offering up for Hamels after the SEA GM lost out. I was like I don't feel right.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wkimwes View Post
    I agree Porter something needs to be done in things like this.

Ok sorry for jumping in late, I have been busy the last two days. Wife had to give me a lot of chores.

I may have jumped the gun on resigning but I've been in too many leagues where the commish has no checks and balances, and cheat. Ranging from, raising their overall talents on their specs to speed them up, or a talent hit happens and they lessen the effect, or "bend" their rules to win. That is why I like uploading of files and using the game. I maybe eccentric or something but I save every sim upload and check to see if some odd stuff happen from one sim to another. I was skeptical about no uploads when I found out it doesn't here. Everything seemed cool and kosher and I really was enjoying the league. So when I saw this happened, I was like oh shit damn it, I thought this was a good league..etc..etc...all the shady commish tricks I've seen jumped into my head, so I jumped ship. That is why I jumped the gun.

I think the "In Season" or as you guys call it a scrap signing period needs to be overhauled. It is too flawed because the commish will always have a leg up. A lot of leagues to avoid this kind of stuff do different things.

1. Silent auction, everyone pm's their offers to both the co-commish and commish for checks and balances purpose. Whoever had the highest offer. WINS the contract.

2. Another scenario have a public auction, so people can outbid the other GM's. No foul or suspected cheating can be said.

I really think this needs to be addressed after this season since I don't believe in changing rules during the season. I recommend we figure "change" it for next season.

I have decided to remain, but I am strongly against the way the in season signing process works. This to me is too big of a loophole and advantage not just for the commish. Heck I felt shady offering up for Hamels after the SEA GM lost out. I was like I don't feel right.
    Silent Auction would work best.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Yeah, I like blind bidding for the most part, and I used to always have a blind-bid round followed up by a scrap round... but people used to ***** that I was dragging the offseason out, so I pretty much dropped the blind-bidding part and just kept the scrap round.

However, on the occasion a phenomenal talent (theoretically, since it hasn't happened in awhile in TPSL) slips through all of FA and into the scrap round, I always would do a blind-bid. If there are top-of-the-line FAs remaining, most all of them I'd say should receive blind bids, and the commish can make his initial bid and PM it to another member as proof.

I generally don't bid on scraps until atleast 5 or 6 teams have already put their offers in. If I need to fill a hole, I'll let other teams get first dibs, and then see what's left and go from there. Being commish can give you a big advantage, but at times (for me anyway) it can put you at a disadvantage because I'm cautious not to give myself any edge. I go to lengths to make sure the playing ground is fair, and if it means sitting out during certain parts of FA, then so be it.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Ok. So I just got back from my trip for the weekend. I saw all the discussion, read it carefully, and I appreciate everyone's input without getting really angry. I appreciate a lot that you guys can discuss this maturely for the most part.

I will definitely be overhauling this in the offseason. I'll probably do what Prov/Nick said and have a silent auction PM period and THEN have this post free for all, which will have a warning around 24 hours before it.

Just so you all know, any outstanding offers that I hadn't gotten to in this thread I have addressed. Please no more discussing the situation here, I will take care of it for next season, and most of the ships have been righted. Experience will make this league better. I will still take offers on this thread though.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Arizona
    C Chris Snyder 300k - signed @ MLC
    Last edited by NYgiantsfan5689; 07-30-2009 at 11:37 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234