Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Free Agent Period 4 Signings/Scraps Period

MLB ERA

Re: 2013 Free Agent Period 4 Signings/Scraps Period

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    With the amount of important FAs left due to compensation rules... it sure would have been nice to have the beginning of the period 24 hours away... allowing those that get up early and work to at least decide if it is worth it to wake up and get an offer in...

All that said... It is just a game. Not too big a deal. LAD would have offer Hawpe up to 8 million, but wasn't willing to give up our late first rounder.
    I agree 100%. And last time, at least it was said beforehand what time the scraps were going to begin (even though it was like 2 am..). But that's ok. Just the third time I've been screwed in this league... I have no bullpen at all now..

MLB ERA

SP Bryan Bullington - signed @ MLC
    MR George Sherrill - signed @ $300,000
    MR Kerry Wood - signed @ $1,100,000
    MR Wade Davis - signed @ $300,000

All, whatever they want.
    Last edited by NYgiantsfan5689; 07-24-2009 at 06:11 PM.

MLB ERA

welp looks like full rebuild for cleveland. Gonna wait til after ST to get a full update of what FAs signed.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

With the amount of important FAs left due to compensation rules... it sure would have been nice to have the beginning of the period 24 hours away... allowing those that get up early and work to at least decide if it is worth it to wake up and get an offer in...

All that said... It is just a game. Not too big a deal. LAD would have offer Hawpe up to 8 million, but wasn't willing to give up our late first rounder.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcshorts View Post
    I agree 100%. And last time, at least it was said beforehand what time the scraps were going to begin (even though it was like 2 am..). But that's ok. Just the third time I've been screwed in this league... I have no bullpen at all now..

OM and BC, this is how I've done it for the entire life of the league and it hasn't been a problem. Sorry it was difficult for you but you knew when the Period 4 sim would be and that the scraps period has always started right after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Actually it has been a problem, I brought it up last time too..

MLB ERA

Well then you must have been the only one. I'll work on making it better for next time if you would like that. Too late now for this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Quote Originally Posted by rangersgm View Post
    OF John Ruggiano - 650K - already signed with SF
    OF Bobby Abreu - 500K - wants $1,148,000
    SP Armando Galarraga - Minor League - wants $552,000
    SP Ian Snell - Minor League - signed
    RP Frank Francisco - 450K - wants $712,000
    RP Ray Cocoran - 400K - wants $712,000
    RP Dontrelle Willis - 400K - signed @ $420,000 (i assumed that was ok)
    RP Octavio Dotel - 400K - already signed with SF
    RP A.J. Murray - Minor League deal - signed
    Give it to Francisco and Corcoran. Everyone else can live.

OF Ryan Ludwick, minor league deal
    3B Hank Blalock, minor league deal
    3B Mark Reynolds, minor league deal
    RP Dustin Nippert, minor league deal
    RP Seth McClung, minor league deal
    RP Aaron Laffey, minor league deal
    OF Joey Gathright, 752K

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    OM and BC, this is how I've done it for the entire life of the league and it hasn't been a problem. Sorry it was difficult for you but you knew when the Period 4 sim would be and that the scraps period has always started right after that.
    GF, it is not too big of a deal, but this is our grand total of 2 offseasons... LOL. The point is this. If a league has even one very attractive FA left in the pool, a time should be given 24 hours into the future for submissions of first come first served offers. I frequently do it immediately as well, but only when the value of the remaining FAs is negligible, which is most always for me. In my league there is no FA compensation so Hawpe would have been gone before the scraps period. In your league, the standards for becoming a compensatible FA are such that quite a few FAs qualify and it dissuades people from offering for an older guy like Hawpe because he is worth money, but not the loss of a pick. With Cole Hamels and Brad Hawpe and a couple of others left in the pool, the immediate "first come first served" system is not fair. Those who happen to be on the internet receive a benefit over those who aren't. Most everyone checks in at least once a day, a 24 hour notice would be sufficient announcement to alleviate this unfairness. Hamels and Hawpe are good enough to be key players and their signings could change the playoff scenerio. I hate to see that happen because a guy who has to get up and go to work wasn't on the internet at 11:30 PM or after... Just some thoughts.... Thanks for listening. OM

I agree with OM. That's the way Mission does it and his league functions like a clock.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

GF, it is not too big of a deal, but this is our grand total of 2 offseasons... LOL. The point is this. If a league has even one very attractive FA left in the pool, a time should be given 24 hours into the future for submissions of first come first served offers. I frequently do it immediately as well, but only when the value of the remaining FAs is negligible, which is most always for me. In my league there is no FA compensation so Hawpe would have been gone before the scraps period. In your league, the standards for becoming a compensatible FA are such that quite a few FAs qualify and it dissuades people from offering for an older guy like Hawpe because he is worth money, but not the loss of a pick. With Cole Hamels and Brad Hawpe and a couple of others left in the pool, the immediate "first come first served" system is not fair. Those who happen to be on the internet receive a benefit over those who aren't. Most everyone checks in at least once a day, a 24 hour notice would be sufficient announcement to alleviate this unfairness. Hamels and Hawpe are good enough to be key players and their signings could change the playoff scenerio. I hate to see that happen because a guy who has to get up and go to work wasn't on the internet at 11:30 PM or after... Just some thoughts.... Thanks for listening. OM
    A guy like Hamels and Hawpe should have been delayed. Thats more of a common sense thing. It would have looked worse if you signed him. Just playing devil's advocate.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Can someone in this league explain to me what TBSL's "in season FA rules" are and why Weskim has to resign from TPSL if we use the same rules?

... I'm kind of baffled, since I don't even know what rules you guy use and why he would have to resign from TPSL only.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Scraps round officially renamed all-stars round for this league. Wow. Dancing Homer's league coulda used some of this talent for his free agency.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Scraps round officially renamed all-stars round for this league. Wow. Dancing Homer's league coulda used some of this talent for his free agency.
    In DH's league, Chone Figgins was a superstar signing (end sarcasm). But we can blame the whining Yanks in that league
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    In DH's league, Chone Figgins was a superstar signing (end sarcasm). But we can blame the whining Yanks in that league
    Figgins was a FA? Well damn. I was pretty pleased beating out Toronto on Halladay. That was like a coup for my deranged team.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast