Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Free Agent Period 4 Signings/Scraps Period

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 2013 Free Agent Period 4 Signings/Scraps Period

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Figgins was a FA? Well damn. I was pretty pleased beating out Toronto on Halladay. That was like a coup for my deranged team.

That just doesn't seem right. H_i_G would have ordered a hit on your team like DH did Kaenda.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Sabathia and Halladay together, and not on the yankees, doesn't seem right. Mad scientist skills here.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Arizona

C Jesus Flores MLC - wants $808,000
    Last edited by NYgiantsfan5689; 07-27-2009 at 10:18 PM.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    Can someone in this league explain to me what TBSL's "in season FA rules" are and why Weskim has to resign from TPSL if we use the same rules?

... I'm kind of baffled, since I don't even know what rules you guy use and why he would have to resign from TPSL only.
    Look, this whole wkimwes resigning this is a complete misunderstanding. I made a small mistake because I didn't see his post (actually it didn't show up when I was posting or after I was posting, and I thought it was a live thread, therefore I didn't look for a post by anyone ahead of me) until hours after he made it, and he thought I had stolen Hamels from him. Unfortunately he didn't stick around long enough to see me explain what happened and give him Hamels. He beat me to him fair and square and I fixed the mistake relatively quickly. However, wkimwes jumped the gun and was like I'M RESIGNING OMGZ and boom he's gone. I PM'ed him explaining to him what happened, but I don't even know if he's gonna check the forums again, which is stupid because he totally didn't wait to see what the real situation was. He just upped and left on a whim.

I don't even think we have "in season FA rules," I'm not really sure what he means by that. If you want to sign a guy in season, you just PM me and it's first come first serve just like scraps.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    I agree with OM. That's the way Mission does it and his league functions like a clock.
    I always had a scraps period before a free-for-all period.

Scraps period = submit your max offer via PM. team with highest offer gets the player provided the amount equals or surpasses the player's demands.

Free-for-all = happens after the scraps period signings and is first come, first served.

Yankees Re: 2013 Free Agent Period 4 Signings/Scraps Period

SS Emmanuel Burriss 350k 1yr - signed @ $300,000
    C Mike Napoli 500k 1yr - signed @ $308,000
    Last edited by NYgiantsfan5689; 07-27-2009 at 10:17 PM.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    A guy like Hamels and Hawpe should have been delayed. Thats more of a common sense thing. It would have looked worse if you signed him. Just playing devil's advocate.

Just curious if you are speaking to me or GF with this response... I don't think it would look bad at all if Hawpe were a Dodger! I need a consolation prize after losing out on Pujols.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    I always had a scraps period before a free-for-all period.

Scraps period = submit your max offer via PM. team with highest offer gets the player provided the amount equals or surpasses the player's demands.

Free-for-all = happens after the scraps period signings and is first come, first served.
    This seems like a very good idea for leagues with FA comp. I do like having comp in some leagues and no comp in others. It changes my strategy up. I have the option of trading the pending FA or hoping he finishes the season with good enough numbers to generate a pick.

MLB ERA

to GF on kim:

I do have a scraps round, but I don't jump directly into it like it seems this league does (which seemingly pissed him off-- honestly GF, I had no idea he even quit this league-- I assumed he was just wanting to quit TPSL because I'm paranoid and stoned all of the time).

Generally I give people 24 hours before the scrap round starts. If I did it directly after the sim, that ****s everyone over who isn't online at that time or doesn't know. And half the time my sims are late anyway (hey, who doesn't have late sims? even mission has late sims! late sims RULE!), so if I jumped into scraps at any given time, I could see people having issues.

I'll try to get a hold of him on AIM and tell him to check the forums, if you're thinking he didn't see your explanation or something. I don't know how that bodes for his status here, but I certainly won't do anything to defer him away... one less member to the site is one less member to the site, and that's no good anyway you look at it...

All I know is he PM'd me asking if we shared rules, and said he would have to quit if we did. To my knowledge my scrap rounds are a little different in the effect that I have a set time after FA ends, but I didn't even open/reply to his PM until lastnight (he sent it a day or two ago) so maybe you're right and he did just leave the site.

Dunno... sorry for barging in, I just was caught off-guard by his PM completely.
    Like I said, I didn't even realize he quit.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    Just curious if you are speaking to me or GF with this response... I don't think it would look bad at all if Hawpe were a Dodger! I need a consolation prize after losing out on Pujols.
    A 10-10-8 pitcher should have been delayed. No matter who im speaking for.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

lol, so a 10-10-8 pitcher slipped into the scraps round?

wtf.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

And the commish signed him, mistakenly, which is why wiki quit I guess.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    lol, so a 10-10-8 pitcher slipped into the scraps round?

wtf.

Yes. One did.

MLB ERA

I barely even make offers in free agency anymore because of that. People will always suspect/accuse the owner of the league of cheating, especially when suspicious shit occurs (which happens a lot in this league evidently-- not trying to instigate, but this is like, the 5th time something fishy has happened in this league and there's only been 2 seasons).

With scraps, I'd rather sit back and let other people make signings, and then go with whatever's left.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    A 10-10-8 pitcher should have been delayed. No matter who im speaking for.
    Agreed! I just misunderstood why you quoted me to respond to GF.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast