Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Create Your Own Player

MLB ERA

Re: Create Your Own Player

We can also do pitchers, but I need to do a seperate formula for them. I'll get that up as soon as I'm finished with it.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

k, maybe I'll make my 2nd a pitcher when the time comes depending on the formula.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    k, maybe I'll make my 2nd a pitcher when the time comes depending on the formula.
    We may just let everyone do that. I might wait until a 2nd player is allowed to be created in order to do pitchers. There are too many variables that would make the playing field a little uneven for a position player vs a pitcher. So I may just make the 1st player created be required to be a position player and the 2nd one being required to be a pitcher.

MLB ERA

That sounds like a good idea Crazy
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

Does this player take up one of our draft picks? Or is it separate from the draft?

Are we even guaranteed our created player? Or are we creating players for the draft pool?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Does this player take up one of our draft picks? Or is it separate from the draft?

Are we even guaranteed our created player? Or are we creating players for the draft pool?
    The player will be in the draft pool with the rest of the players. You aren't guaranteed your own player, and it might be more fun if you don't draft your own player. Feel free to draft anyone else though. One thing that I will note in the upcoming draft thread is that you should think about whose player you are drafting. By now, most of us know who participates the most, and who doesn't. You may want to keep that in mind when drafting someone's player. We may have some type of contract negotiations between the player and the GMs, but that isn't set in stone yet. Obviously, we are a long way from when a player reaches free agency, so more details will be worked out when the time comes. Although, I really like the idea of arbitration being handled the same way it is in real life. Possibly with the TC being the arbitor.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Buckcheeks View Post
    Don't have the time. At all.

I started that full time job and I don't get on here as much as I did.
    I'm having second thoughts on this decision. If you want to create a player, without a team... then I'll allow it. It actually isn't a bad iea to have some players that don't have teams in the league.

MLB ERA

I don't like the randomized birthdate idea anymore. I don't think it puts us all on an even playing field. So the birthdate for all players created this time around will be 1993. So please send me your real birthday, with this year as the birth year.

Jose Canseco injected me Buckcheeks's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights View Post
    I'm having second thoughts on this decision. If you want to create a player, without a team... then I'll allow it. It actually isn't a bad iea to have some players that don't have teams in the league.
    Yeah I was wondering why you wouldn't allow it. =)

It'll give me reason to pay attention to this league without having to participate..haha
    LeagueTeamGM Recordcurrent seasondivisionWCLDSLCSWSYears active
    TBSLHouston Astros78-842011000002010-Present

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buckcheeks View Post
    Don't have the time. At all.

I started that full time job and I don't get on here as much as I did.
    Well you know that's not stopping me. In fact, I'll prolly make a trade in my office while I'm suspending or firing someone. Multi-tasking ftw
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

but I thought the drafted players only improved based on participation of the person the player is named for? how is a player going to improve if it's someone that isn't even in the league? That was the idea right? Or did you change it?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    but I thought the drafted players only improved based on participation of the person the player is named for? how is a player going to improve if it's someone that isn't even in the league? That was the idea right? Or did you change it?
    That still is the idea, and it was the reason why I originally said that you must have a team in order to participate. Although, after thinking about it, I do want ot allow non league members to participate. It won't be as easy for them to improve their players since certain aspects require you have a team, such as sending in Opening Day line-ups. Although, they can participate by posting comments about their player and the league. They can also participate by writing articles. There are still things that can be one that can help improve their player. The idea for allowing non members to join by creating a player is because this can be a very exciting addition to the league, and could attract those that aren't in the league, and even once the last team has been filled. We could have a full league, and several members that are player only in addition to that. If that means that at some point in the future we have 35-40 members (30 teams and 10 players only) or more participating in the league, then I see that as only being good for the league, and making it even more enjoyable.

MLB ERA

I will be adding more created players tonight when I upload. If you have any that you would like to have uploade tonight, please get them in soon.

MLB ERA

werent you at some point going to do a program where we could control contract negotiations and such for our created players? what ever happened to that?
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    werent you at some point going to do a program where we could control contract negotiations and such for our created players? what ever happened to that?
    Yeah, and it will still happen. I mentioned it earlier in this thread. It won't happen until later on though. Since players are owned by a team for years just like in MLB. Once they are eligible for arbitration, then it will begin. The TC will act as the arbitration council while the player and the team battle it out. If the player and the team is one in the same, then arbitration will occur as it always does in OOTP. Once a player is eligible for free agency, then then players will be able to test the FA market, but of course we will have some restrictions to avoid tampering.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast