Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: TBSL Random Rumblings

MLB ERA

Re: TBSL Random Rumblings

Come on Saber, give it a chance. If you don't like it when spring training starts, then fine. But at least give it a chance to be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

I think they're less talented than TSSL even

I sent in one change request, but I don't think it's a huge deal if it's not done because I'm generally fine with working with what I've got.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

all i sent in was Felix being 6-8-8
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA

I just wanted to say to you, GF.... just from another guy running a league to another. Worry not about the ratings for now, but spend more time on the actual rosters themselves and correcting where players belong. And don't rush so much...

I looked over each team today when I noticed you had the site up, and I saw a fair amount of noticable mistakes within a few minutes. When I made the TPSL rosters (originally Cubbyfan v3 rosters, but heavily editted to the point of little recognition to this point in yr 2014 especially) I spent over a month just creating players I think. I'm not saying that to toot my horn or anything like that, just saying it to say... TAKE YOUR TIME.

No one's going anywhere, and the more time you spend to make everything better, the longer it will last. I don't want to seem like an outsider making comments while looking in, truth be told I just don't have enough time to join up another league right now, but I'm just giving you these suggestions because they truly will help your league in the long run.

And if you feel like players need to be fixed, YOU fix them... don't neccesarily listen to others via PM. Go on a ratings scale and stick to it... be the boss.

Running a league is a lot, lot, lot of work... take your time with this and it will work out well. If you rush it, well... it will probably end up like TPSLv1:
    OOTP 6 Generated Website

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Yeah, you'll end up with Prov winning the World Series! We don't want that to happen!

Seriously though, nick is completely right.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

I mean, I'm looking around and just noticing A LOT of major mistakes that shouldn't happen. Chris Tillman on the Cubs? He's a top MLB prospect with the Orioles, a product of the Adam Jones deal. Probably their top prospect period, and one of the best in the minors period. He's 5/6 popularity for the Cubs and no slouch based on the ratings-sclae this league provides it seems, so that's just one example where rushing can screw things up...

This isn't meant to be offensive in any way, it's just my own suggestios to you. Take your time on things. I wouldn't be aiming to sim this soon either, but that's just me. I mean, I understand the excitement in getting started and all of that, but rushing something like this really has its risks.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

That's the far bigger problem than the ratings. You can't have Radhames Liz on the cubs, or Roy Oswalt already retired, and so on and so forth. You also should really try to fill the league before you move on, if that hasn't happened yet. There's really no rush, the holiday season is upon us, you can use the down time to fix everything so you're not rushing into a gun fight with an unsharpened pencil.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

You can add career stats with pierre's roster editor, so if players are retired, you can create them and then edit in their career stats if you so desire. Or just create them and wing it, doesn't matter to me but just suggesting...

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    You also should really try to fill the league before you move on, if that hasn't happened yet.
    *whistles*

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    I mean, I'm looking around and just noticing A LOT of major mistakes that shouldn't happen. Chris Tillman on the Cubs? He's a top MLB prospect with the Orioles, a product of the Adam Jones deal. Probably their top prospect period, and one of the best in the minors period. He's 5/6 popularity for the Cubs and no slouch based on the ratings-sclae this league provides it seems, so that's just one example where rushing can screw things up...

This isn't meant to be offensive in any way, it's just my own suggestios to you. Take your time on things. I wouldn't be aiming to sim this soon either, but that's just me. I mean, I understand the excitement in getting started and all of that, but rushing something like this really has its risks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    That's the far bigger problem than the ratings. You can't have Radhames Liz on the cubs, or Roy Oswalt already retired, and so on and so forth. You also should really try to fill the league before you move on, if that hasn't happened yet. There's really no rush, the holiday season is upon us, you can use the down time to fix everything so you're not rushing into a gun fight with an unsharpened pencil.
    Guys, you have to understand. The rosters were opening day 2008. After that, the game had advanced a full season, not only missing real life trades and moves, but making its own. So, the rosters were COMPLETELY jumbled. We made the vast majority of roster fixes, and we hoped that the remaining moves would come from the other GM's who would notice flaws with their team. Honestly, I spent at least 12 hours MYSELF writing down roster moves that needed to be made. So, I know the rosters aren't perfect, but if you could, let us know what players are still on the wrong team, and we'll be happy to fix it.

MLB ERA

I'll go through the rosters right now if you want, I just wanna make sure it's right and have nothing better to do.

MLB ERA

That'd be amazing Brownie. I mean, whatever it takes to get these rosters right, I'm willing to do. I just, personally, can't stand to look at those screens for that long right now.

MLB ERA

I'm on it

MLB ERA

a couple I noticed:

meloan and carlos santana from the dodgers to the indians

terrmel sledge (angels) in japans

chris tillman, cubs, to the orioles

josh fields, royals, on the white sox

brian bannister, tampa bay, on the royals

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast