Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2009 Draft Info (Please Read)

Re: 2009 Draft Info (Please Read)

Another idea crazy, is a points allowed method. Like a player can make one Elite prospect (infinite amount of points) and one B grade prospect with a set limit of talent points allowed to be used, and one C grade prospect with even less points allowed and so on.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    I think it'd be best if you let us provide the names/bio info but let GF and/or yourself handle the ratings.

That's pretty much what Prov did with the wrestler draft in TSSL and it worked out well.

That's what we usually do, but I thought this would be more fun for the league. I may have been wrong. lol

Also, you could let each person create there own first round pick, since we can't seem to figure out a system. As long as the players are given tighter rating standards.

GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
    Also, you could let each person create there own first round pick, since we can't seem to figure out a system. As long as the players are given tighter rating standards.
    By the time the draft in discussion here takes place there will be a system, the 2008 standings.

The one we can't figure out is the 2008 draft.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

I think it would be better if you only let us create one player each. If not, teams could get reallllly out of hand down the line.

The team that creates the player won't necessarily get the players though. These are just for the draft.

MLB ERA

I'll post the draft order tonight for 2008. The 2009 order will be based on the final standings of the 2008 season.

Ah, I missed the part where it was next years draft. I didn't mean that a person would be able to create an infinite amount of specs for themselves, just that the league could get over saturated and unbalance what is considered "good".

GET NOTICED.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Crazy, Are you sure you're up for all that work? That is a few hours worth of editing... You are the man if you pull this off. Provie did a huge job just editing names in the last TSSL draft, if you load all the ratings and intangibles as well... WOW!

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    Crazy, Are you sure you're up for all that work? That is a few hours worth of editing... You are the man if you pull this off. Provie did a huge job just editing names in the last TSSL draft, if you load all the ratings and intangibles as well... WOW!
    for the record, I edit names and ratings (batting, pitching, fielding, base running) in addition to creating some guys out of thin air. But yes, this would take a lot longer if he's editing everything. I have edited some birthdays before, but not a lot.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    Ummmm....I'm starting to have doubts. lol Although, if you think this is a lot of work... just wait until I reveal my next idea for the league. lol

MLB ERA

Ah, I missed the part where it was next years draft. I didn't mean that a person would be able to create an infinite amount of specs for themselves, just that the league could get over saturated and unbalance what is considered "good".
    Ok, I didn't know what you meant. I got it now though. One thing that has concerned me is that the league is really thin in a lot of areas since we have 32 teams now. One of those areas is the minors, so deep drafts is a way to help solve that area of concern. I don't want a draft class full of supermen though. lol

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights View Post
    Ummmm....I'm starting to have doubts. lol Although, if you think this is a lot of work... just wait until I reveal my next idea for the league. lol
    Always remember, if you don't have the time, you have your trusty sidekick at your service!!
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12