Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Important!!! Please Read!!!

MLB ERA

Re: Sim Deadline Sat 4/12 8:00pm

Feel free to post in this thread what you want me to do. I'll start editing a version 8 roster tomorrow. With very little editing and a little luck, I can get the draft done tomorrow night. With a some more depth editing like OrioleMagic suggested, it will take a few more days. It still shouldn't be very long though....either way. I want to get things going ASAP, but I also want these to be good rosters.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights View Post
    Your right Prov, I never had any problems with 6.5 before I had Vista, now nothing is working right with it. There were minor glitches, but not major problems.
    Did you download the service pack that came out like a month ago? It was suppose to fix most of Vista's bugs.
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    Did you download the service pack that came out like a month ago? It was suppose to fix most of Vista's bugs.
    I don't think I did.

If we go to 8 I'd be for a brand new draft since we don't know how the ratings work.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    $.02...

If you start over Crazy... please take your time and create some depth. What I mean by that is after you have looked over the 5.0 and 4.5 specs... please make twice as many 3.0-4.0 and about 60 2.0-2.5 specs... Also a few borderline 26-28 year olds that are in the 1.0 to 2.0 range would be nice. Many of us see "potential" or "project players" from different views. IMHO, this is what separates the good from the very good. I am not "very good" yet, but enjoy trying to be. lol...

One other thing that has always bugged me about OOTP is the incongruancy (if that word fits) of some of the players. For instance, a 6'5" 230 lb guy should have ratings that favor a power hitter. A 160-185 guy can have speed and range. And for crying out loud, how can a player have 3 speed and 9 base stealing ability...??? I can see 7 speed and 9 stealing but not that much of a disparity. IOW, please take your time and try to look at a few of the better players to see if their ratings sound reasonable. I know you can't get them all, but if you already have the player screen up and edit is clicked... its only one more click...

Thanks for all you are doing!
    the problem with the depth was that there were 32 teams instead of 30...so the players were spread out thinner without compensating for the fact that there were 2 extra teams taking from the pool of players.

MLB ERA

you are right prov. i have some ideas that i think i can do with ootp 8 that will help with that problem, and make things more interesting for the more experienced players without affecting those lesser experienced players much.

MLB ERA

that's up to you...regardless, it was the same for all the teams.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

So we're going back 8, after we abandoned that when no one was really for it...
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    So we're going back 8, after we abandoned that when no one was really for it...

I don't think we have a choice Zito. 6.5 and Vista don't get along. If I had realized there would be problems like this then I wouldn't have suggested that we switch back. I'd love to be able to stay with 6.5, but in just one sim there were a lot of problems including the file just going caput. My hope is that using 6.5 for the short time that we did will help the new guys at least a little. I think it might. I'm going to do everything that I can to make this league the best it can be, and I ca't do that with the problems we've already had with 6.5. If 8 can fix that (a lot of people use 8 with vista) then i think we should do it, do it fast, and do it good! I'm working on a new file now, and I'll spend as much of the day as I can getting us a good file, and I'll try to make more depth to it like Orioles suggested. My goal has always been to make this league fun and unique. This is a bump in the road, but like browntown said... at least it's early. We can get this back up fast and better.

MLB ERA

I'm going to start over with 8 and have a draft. I found a roster set that I think looks pretty good, and it shouldn't take me long to edit the list so that it will fit our league. I'm working on the file now, and trying to get something up on the website asap. My hope is to get a draft done by tomorrow night so that we can get on with the league. A lot of it depends on how many problems the website gives me though.

MLB ERA

take your time to get it right bro...if people lose interest and leave, you can always cut back on the 2 extra teams or whatever...

MLB ERA

agreed. it'd be awesome to get this thing up asap, but much better for the long term if you take your time, especially on getting those roster sets right.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Exactly

Everything I am hearing and reading states 8.0 blows monkeys... I think it is in the best interest to research what is going on between your piece of shit Vista system and 6.5... or to research info on the negatives of 8.0 that can be explained to the new guys...

Try and make this the best product you can, not make it the product you can deliver fastest
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

There has to be some way to make 6.5 compatible with Vista, right?...honestly if there is anything at all you can do to keep this 6.5 I'd say you do it, I know personally I just can't get as involved with an 8.0 league
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave View Post
    Exactly

Everything I am hearing and reading states 8.0 blows monkeys... I think it is in the best interest to research what is going on between your piece of shit Vista system and 6.5... or to research info on the negatives of 8.0 that can be explained to the new guys...

Try and make this the best product you can, not make it the product you can deliver fastest

Good Idea! I'd appreciate it if anyone would post specific problems in here that they have heard of with v8. I want ot address any problems that I can ahead of time.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast