Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Divisional Series: Saturday, midnight CST

AAA ERA

Re: Divisional Series: Saturday, midnight CST

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    No, there is no "we" and there sure as hell is no "we all" in this situation. It's just me and you don't tell me how to deal with it.
    Ok, but you're complaining over nothing. So then whine and complain and get your unfair 1 extra game sim that General did for you. I'm sorry you didn't make the playoffs, you had a chance. So I don't get why you're so upset? You lost a one game playoff, but you refuse to view it as such. Saying there was no need for a 163rd game. When it's the the exact opposite. Whoever lost the game between us lost out on the playoffs.

If I had lost it, I'd have been dissapointed, and again I'm sorry you lost. But how can you be this upset over it? Cincinnati finished the season 91-70, and you finished it 91-71. That's because the scheduling was messed up. But regardles you finished a .5 game behind him. He got to 91-71 by losing to me in a one game playoff on Oct. 3rd.
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

FYI, percentage wise, a 91-71 record (.5617) beats a 92-72 record (.5610). And you are saying that my extra game sim was unfair?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

unless the game didn't round the winning % up for STL, I don't understand why any 1-game playoffs were generated. At the end of the season the standings looked like this:

CIN 91 - 70 .565
    STL 91 - 71 .562 (.5617)
    CHI 92 - 72 .561 (.5609)

for some reason it made STL play CHI for the WC and then it made CIN play CHI for the division like DMB said. STL is the only team that did play 162 games...163 because of the 1 game playoff. CHI had 2 more games and CIN had 1 less game...weird, weird shit...

CHI split its last 2 games of the regular season, which could be viewed as the "extra" games...but then again, those games may not have been the extra 2 the game generated...say they were, then STL and cHI would have been tied and had to play a 1 game playoff...otherwise, I don't get why they did based on the percentages.

MLB ERA

it doesn't go by percentage, it goes by games behind. so they're equal. and your 1 game playoff (which you lost) and then cincy's subsequent 1-game playoff with the cubs was what made your records different. so really, the cubs having 2 more games than you made no difference, because without them, you two are still tied, have the 1 game playoff (which you lost) and you go home and he plays the reds for the division. so it really didn't make much of a difference.

i think you and everyone else needs to forget it, finish the season, and just move on. geez. why can't people just get over something like this......
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

AAA ERA

FYI, percentage wise, a 91-71 record (.5617) beats a 92-72 record (.5610). And you are saying that my extra game sim was unfair?
    But that's not how the game works. In real life things are different, but this is a game. The point is, you ended the season tied with me. In fact after 162 games I was 91-71 myself. I played two extra games I shouldn't of had to. I might have lost those last two games and been 91-73.

But I wound up playing those games, and we ended the season tied since the game is built a certain way where % doesn't count. If I was 91-73 I wouldn't be crying how I should still be 91-71 and playing you in one game playoffs. In the end you had a fighting chance. You got your playoff game for the wild card: BOX SCORES St. Louis @ Chicago (N)
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    unless the game didn't round the winning % up for STL, I don't understand why any 1-game playoffs were generated. At the end of the season the standings looked like this:

CIN 91 - 70 .565
    STL 91 - 71 .562 (.5617)
    CHI 92 - 72 .561 (.5609)

for some reason it made STL play CHI for the WC and then it made CIN play CHI for the division like DMB said. STL is the only team that did play 162 games...163 because of the 1 game playoff. CHI had 2 more games and CIN had 1 less game...weird, weird shit...

CHI split its last 2 games of the regular season, which could be viewed as the "extra" games...but then again, those games may not have been the extra 2 the game generated...say they were, then STL and cHI would have been tied and had to play a 1 game playoff...otherwise, I don't get why they did based on the percentages.
    If I don't play the extra games, and the Reds lose the 162nd game they didn't play. It's all very possible we wind up 91-71 and the one game playoffs would of happened as is. I get why Mofo isn't thrilled about this, but the whole scheduling thing was messed up. But in the end it's just a game, and it's suppose to be fun.

Prov, is there like a 'balanced scheduling' option? Or is this the kind of stuff that happens from interleague play and one league having more teams? Because a lot of teams finished (x).5 back. Which shows you how even this was through out the league.
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The sim may have determined that game as the play-in game but I didn't get my fighting chance because the game schedule was so screwed up that General (and I) didn't realize it was playoff game so I didn't have the chance to choose my starter like I'm supposed to have as in any other league here.

AAA ERA

The sim may have determined that game as the play-in game but I didn't get my fighting chance because the game schedule was so screwed up that General (and I) didn't realize it was playoff game so I didn't have the chance to choose my starter like I'm supposed to have as in any other league here.
    I'll give you that, he should have done that. But you weren't at a disadvantage either. As I also didn't get that opportunity in either game. The whole situation is crap. If 162 games were played for every team. The Royals might be in the playoffs instead of 1.5 back. I just hope next season this is fixed. Instead of all this ridiculous stuff.
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    Prov, is there like a 'balanced scheduling' option? Or is this the kind of stuff that happens from interleague play and one league having more teams? Because a lot of teams finished (x).5 back. Which shows you how even this was through out the league.
    Nope...all the game says is the leagues have to have an even number of teams for the schedule generator to work. The game should have generated 162 games unless the schedule was manually edited or if the number of teams in each league were edited at some point before the league started. I don't think it's due to interleague because other leagues have interleague and this hasn't happened that I've seen.

I guess the issue for mofo isn't really the schedule, but the fact that the 1 game playoffs were simmed by accident without allowing the teams to make changes and such. As I said, I really hope the issues get ironed out because this league has a lot of potential to be fun.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You didn't need that opportunity because Andrew Miller was your best starter available due to your ace Josh Beckett having pitched the day before. Zito wasn't my best starter available.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

There's always next season.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

so apparently general is waiting for all the other gm's who haven't posted their starters to do so before he sims. so all you inactive gm's, get your asses off the couch and do your starters!!!

MLB ERA

Just in case I'm not too late to post starters:

Chicago White Sox:
    1) Zach Duke
    2) Daniel Cabrera
    3) Nick Adenhart
    4) Zach Duke
    5) Daniel Cabrera
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA

just waiting for cincy (doppel) and seattle (wisemise) now.

Yessir
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast