Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Divisional Series: Saturday, midnight CST

Re: Divisional Series: Saturday, midnight CST

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    no doubt...perhaps the schedule maker will fix that issue for the future.
    Your insults are not veiled, witty, or clever. Please keep idiocy out of the league news threads.

Thanks much.

Mofo/Doppel,

I'll sim as soon as I can, as I have received your lineups. Unfortunately, I gotta run to the north side, which might take a while.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    I agree

It should be a simple Reds-Cardinals one game playoff

winner is in, loser sits at SIMhome
    That's exactly what I'm doing.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    That's exactly what I'm doing.
    Glad to be of service
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Your insults are not veiled, witty, or clever. Please keep idiocy out of the league news threads.

Thanks much.

Mofo/Doppel,

I'll sim as soon as I can, as I have received your lineups. Unfortunately, I gotta run to the north side, which might take a while.
    it wasn't meant as an insult...unlike your comments to me. I was saying hopefully, these issues will be ironed out for next season because this league has a lot of potential once things start running smoothly.

AAA ERA

The schedules were messed up this year, but unless you want to re-sim this WHOLE season. Everyone should just drop it. Look at the Angels 100-61... they played 161 games. The Giants also played 161 games with a 71-90 record. The 69-92 Rays, the 90-71, 82-79 Indians, 81-80 Twins, 94-67 Angels, 91-70 Seattle, and 54-101 Astros all played 161 games. The 88-72 Royals only played 160 games. If they played all 162, and wound up 90-72. If the White Sox lost their 162nd game. They'd also deserve a one game playoff.

Also, the Cubs (me) and Detroit played 164 games. I went 1-1 in my two extra games. Which caused me to finish the season 92-72. It also put me in a three way tie with the 91-71 Reds and Cards. In two home playoff games, the Cubs took down both the Reds and Cardinals. Which brought my total record to 94-72 and had me play 166 games total.

Not everyone is scheduled the same ammount of games. It's weird, but I think we all have to just deal with it. Hopefully it's fixed next season. If anyone is to blame for the Cardinals not being in the playoffs it's Barry Zito, who gave up 6 runs in a Cubs/Cards one game playoff.
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    The schedules were messed up this year, but unless you want to re-sim this WHOLE season. Everyone should just drop it. Look at the Angels 100-61... they played 161 games. The Giants also played 161 games with a 71-90 record. The 69-92 Rays, the 90-71, 82-79 Indians, 81-80 Twins, 94-67 Angels, 91-70 Seattle, and 54-101 Astros all played 161 games. The 88-72 Royals only played 160 games. If they played all 162, and wound up 90-72. If the White Sox lost their 162nd game. They'd also deserve a one game playoff.

Also, the Cubs (me) and Detroit played 164 games. I went 1-1 in my two extra games. Which caused me to finish the season 92-72. It also put me in a three way tie with the 91-71 Reds and Cards. In two home playoff games, the Cubs took down both the Reds and Cardinals. Which brought my total record to 94-72 and had me play 166 games total.

Not everyone is scheduled the same ammount of games. It's weird, but I think we all have to just deal with it. Hopefully it's fixed next season. If anyone is to blame for the Cardinals not being in the playoffs it's Barry Zito, who gave up 6 runs in a Cubs/Cards one game playoff.
    very good point zep, it's just too complicated to try and figure out. it's not general's fault, since it was such a hidden problem until the end. he'll just know to look for this next season. it's a learning experience for everyone. if you're upset because you got shafted, just remember, it's sim league baseball. it's supposed to be fun. and it's really not that important in the big scheme of things. no big deal here, and certainly no one to blame.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

It can be fixed by generating a new schedule in the off season. It probably got screwed up from the original rosterset or if General was tinkering with the divisions or extra teams and then deleted them. All that has to be done is go to the league setup screen and click the drop-box in the top right corner and click on edit schedule. On the bottom left of that screen is a button that says generate schedule. If this is clicked and their are 16 teams in the AL and 14 in the NL or vice versa... the AI will make a 162 game schedule for all.

St. Loo won the 1 game playoff. But the game is not letting me sub in St. Louis for Cincy in the playoffs.

AAA ERA

Chicago Cubs Starters
    Game 1: Josh Beckett
    Game 2: Adam Miller
    Game 3: Philip Humber
    Game 4: Josh Beckett
    Game 5: Adam Miller
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin
    If anyone is to blame for the Cardinals not being in the playoffs it's Barry Zito, who gave up 6 runs in a Cubs/Cards one game playoff.
    It wasn't a one game playoff between the Cubs and Cards. The Cubs had nothing at stake in that game.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

St. Loo won the 1 game playoff. But the game is not letting me sub in St. Louis for Cincy in the playoffs.
    Well, that just blows and that's all I can say because there are no words to express my disgust of this circumstance.

MLB ERA

looks like this sim isn't happening at the scheduled time.......what a surprise......

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Well, that just blows and that's all I can say because there are no words to express my disgust of this circumstance.
    honestly guys? just quit your b*tching and get over it. it's not a big deal. it's a mistake that was nobody's fault, and it will be fixed in the future. stop crying over something that's really not important.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    It wasn't a one game playoff between the Cubs and Cards. The Cubs had nothing at stake in that game.
    You played 162 games this season, I played 164. The season ended and it looked like this

Chicago (N): 92-72
    St. Louis: 91-71

We were tied! I was 1-1 in the extra games. I had one more win, but I also had one more loss then you. I beat you for a playoff berth. I then beat Cincinatti for the division. So I went to 94-72 which is 166 games. Only some teams plays 162 games. There was a mix between 160-64. Only me and Detroit played 164. The WHOLE scheduling was messed up. But we all have to deal with it. The only to "fix" it would be to re-sim the whole season. Since we already simmed a whole season. We might as well just sim the playoffs.

You had your chance to make the playoffs. You got your one game playoff. Had you beaten me, you would have played Cincy for the division. But Zito got rocked, we were both playing for something. If I lose to you I'm 92-73, and you're 92-71. That's a better record then me. As I'd of had one more loss then you and been out of the playoffs.
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin
    But we all have to deal with it.
    No, there is no "we" and there sure as hell is no "we all" in this situation. It's just me and you don't tell me how to deal with it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast