Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade Ramblings

MLB ERA

Trade Ramblings

Well...

With Free Agency upon us, we know trade talks are still there, but may be a bit slow until things settle out a bit with the major free agents. But we know that in our SIM league, trades abound. It's like two-fer-Tuesday at the swingers resort; more swapping than you can shake a stick at.

Who do you think will be moved? What do you think of the moves that are announced?

I'll start off with the SAV-CHI trade. Maglio and Crede for a 2nd rounder and Russ Adams. I think Savanah makes out very well in this, depending on where that 2nd rounder ends up. Mags is still a producer, but for how long? The quality of picks at the top of round 2 can definately produce a solid replacement that will be ready in a season or 2, and of course at a lower salary. If Puckett comes out of CHI's DH slot to the OF, Mags could be a nice hitter in the 5 or 6 hole as the DH for CHI. In that division, it could make a difference. It may be enough to move them up to the 40 win mark As for Savanah, I don't know if it hurts them very much in the current offense, especially the way mission wheels and deals. I don't think MagPie will be missed all that much.
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

Alot of things will get done after Free agency. Being able to look over every trade that comes through, I haven't been real impressed with any trade as of yet. I'm sure the teams who have been involved, you made the trade for a reason. None have shown a real equalness, if you know what I mean.

I think the better trades are ahead of us. I've been getting some good offers for Pujols, and he'll most likely be dealt. While some other players could also be dealt, Vlad. KC is taking offers on him. While Virginia was trading some of his excess SP and did a decent trade with Brooklyn.

This could be a great offseason for trades. I'm surely looking forward to it.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Im still wondering what i could get for Dan Meyer. And im trying to get a little more help on the farm in case. Maybe I can ship off some of the vets to see if I can get the team on the right track.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    My "trade espacapade" (<--- ALL RIGHTS RESERVED) has ceased. I would love to add some hitting, because my team just can't seem to ever hit. My pitching is solid, and with such a large influx of minor league talent, I could be a player in deals. My team surprised me @ 80-82. My trades of Giles and Santana both worked greatly in my favor. Perhaps it's time to make a push for the division? To be honest, it all depends on who my opponents pick up.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313
    My "trade espacapade" (<--- ALL RIGHTS RESERVED) has ceased. I would love to add some hitting, because my team just can't seem to ever hit. My pitching is solid, and with such a large influx of minor league talent, I could be a player in deals. My team surprised me @ 80-82. My trades of Giles and Santana both worked greatly in my favor. Perhaps it's time to make a push for the division? To be honest, it all depends on who my opponents pick up.
    Hey take a look at Anaheim I wont trade Young and a few of the other younger guys cause they are the future/present but ive got some guys on the block that could provide you some kick to the lineup. And yes I'm in serious negotiations with a few teams about what I need.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    As for what is being offered out there in trade land right now, the talent is being offered. Usually I am used to not seeing the high powered vets go in trades, because in leagues like s3sl the draft classes are weaker. In our league here, the draft classes are strong. A second rounder can still be an All Star in this league. It is reasonable to give up a 1st round pick and a 2.5 or 3 star vet to get that true superstar.

Let's look to see the best of the best that is currently announced for trade...

1) Albert Pujols - What can you say, he's 10-10-10-9-9. He's not old. He will produce anywhere he goes as a #3 or #4 hitter in a lineup. While it is not clear EXACTLY what PHI wants for him, I can see some team stepping up after FA when they get screwed out of the big player they wanted. I can easily see a 1st round pick and a solid ML player going for him.

2) Vlad Guerrero - Another superstar that is available without an exact idea of what is wanted. Another one worthy of a 1st round pick and a bit more. In order for KC to really improve in multiple areas, I really do think we will see him on a new team this season.

3) Eric Gagne - a 10-10-9 closer up for trade. Normally a hot comodity, considering he has good seasons left. But then you look at the price tag. He's on a 9 MIL per year contract. A very BIG salary. I can see him possibly being traded, but either for a little less than what he could normally command, or in a deal where VAN eats a salary of a dying vet in the last year of his career.

4) Jesse Foppert - A nice SP for a team in need. A 9-8-8 who is not old, even though his injury rating is "prone". His salary is even very managable. On the surface, it looks too good to be true that he can be had. Well, like momma always told you, if it looks too good to be true it probably is. I think what will prevent him getting dealt is the asking price. It is listed as a top 10 1st round pick. The problem with that is the quality of players that normally go in the top 10 in this league far outweighs Froppert. 9-8-8 can easily be had at the end of the first round. I think if mission lowers his asking price, a deal will get done. If not, the AL east will have to worry about facing Froppert on Savannah's team for another season.

5) Dustin McGowan - Young talent up for trade, and still an automatic resign for 300K next season. Watch the eyes of other GM's light up. At the time of announcement, it was stated he wanted to move DaVanon with McGowan to get rid of that contract. Now DaVanon is gone though. Is McGowan still on the block? The league would hope so. And if so, the league GM's who are interested better be prepared to pay through the nose.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    A top ten pick meaning an 8-9-10-11-12 pick really. I don't expect anything higher than that and if it's closer to 8 than 12, something of value would be added in (be it pick or prospect.) Considering 9-8-8 is not too terribly off from the soon to be 29 year old Santana with 10-8-9, I think the asking price is reasonable when you consider that signing Santana is likely to put you all that much closer to your salary limit (which makes the trade market all that much more valuable in this league if salaries are reasonable). Anyone who deals with me knows that I am flexible but getting the same old tired offers where people assume that I don't know what I am doing is not fun, so I do have specific demands.

MLB ERA
    I could see a top 12 for McGowan... younger, cheaper, more talented.... I really can't see anything above a #20 for Froppert.... mainly because in this league, salaries are a bit lower per team.... granted Sheets or so will cost more in salary, but can be had without giving up a possible future star for the organization.

just an observation, bud

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave
    I could see a top 12 for McGowan... younger, cheaper, more talented.... I really can't see anything above a #20 for Froppert.... mainly because in this league, salaries are a bit lower per team.... granted Sheets or so will cost more in salary, but can be had without giving up a possible future star for the organization.

just an observation, bud
    We have a cap though and if someone bids 20 mil on Sheets or Santana, it will put a serious dent in their flexibility. And thanks for destroying my market on Foppert, it's not like my team doesn't need to rebuild the farm. Ha.

MLB ERA
    Well... if we get the Pujols effect from s3sl on a 3.5 star SP, I would be a little shocked.... and with 75 MIL cap, 20 MIL would hurt almost any team but STL. But because of the cap, I don't think we will see a long term 20 MIL salary offered.... we could though... what do I know???

As for destroying your chances... I doubt I did...I still think you'll get close to your asking price..... I was just looking over the top ones on the block and giving a completely subjective opinion.... someone will probably think I am probably WAYYYYY off.... who knows... hell.. we even saw the #6 overall go for Jeff Francis in a deal I personally think was HORRID!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    People are going to do desperate things for an SP under 30 with that kind of talent I think. What did we have last year? Some plus 35 talent and that CL that redsrbetter signed.

And that last part of my previous post was a bit of a joke. I am not really actively looking to trade him though I should be (to rebuild the farm.)

MLB ERA
    It's going to be interesting to watch how the salary cap affects teams and free agency in the next few seasons. As the young, cheap superstars start demanding big contracts teams will be forced to change. Right now there are a lot of teams with money to spend, but that will change as these young players start entering the free agent market.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I would be willing to eat some salary if the deal is right. but i dont expect to be low balled either because of it. Im still going to want a solid spect or pick for what is one of the Top 5 CLs in baseball.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave
    2) Vlad Guerrero - Another superstar that is available without an exact idea of what is wanted. Another one worthy of a 1st round pick and a bit more. In order for KC to really improve in multiple areas, I really do think we will see him on a new team this season.
    The likelihood of Vlad being dealt is probably higher during the season than before it now. I don't need the immediate salary relief quite as much now. If KC falls out of contention, Vlad could change a race for someone. So if you don't get a major FA, keep your pursestrings open - you may land one afterward.
    (former) GM of the Kansas City Monarchs of the (now defunct) SBSL

AA ERA
    Just curious as to what the overall opinion of the Brooklyn - Virginia deal was with everyone? Even? Advantage Rebels? Advantage Cyclones?
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones
    I am a proud member of the Anti-Rocksports Alliance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast