Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade Ramblings

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I have a pending deal that will send the 6th overall pick I got from LV. Ill get Pascual Moreno back, I was wondering why i dealt him in the 1st place. With him Ill add another flamethrowing RP in Broxton. Im most likely going to keep Meyer unless i get wowed with the depth ive added in FA. I do need a 2B Badly though for i have Jayson Nix starting there.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

I'm not going to go into the details of it. I really do like the trade I just made with Pujols. The reason I decided to trade Pujols, is because I felt, Pujols was holding me back. His salary was getting too big, and I felt that pitching is what I needed my team to focus on when it came to competing in the NL Central. What also made this trade doable, was a trade I just made with another team.

The trade is just perfect for my team. The team who will be getting Pujols, is getting one heck of a player who could get the MVP of the league for some years to come.

Great trade.

MLB ERA
    DD addresses his closer needs with the movement of the already tradable Brett Myers. IMHO s move which could help push foward his division chances with only minmal loss to his team. Great Move.

MLB ERA
    Anaheim is still in search for the man to lead the top of the rotation into the future. Offense still sucked but theres no major needs there except maybe upgrade at ss.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Thanks for the props Dry... I think the contract that Francisco has, as well as the age and talent levels, made this a no-brainer deal..... Myers ends arby soon as well, and with Jackson ready in AAA, this was not something that I was too worried about (losing a 4th starter).....

And no just traded away another of my starters from the eraly rounds of the initial draft in Beckett... he had gone from Uber-Stud to average pitcher because of the talent drops from his injuries... I was not going to risk a complete drop as with what happened with my other former Uber-Stud Hermida... so I tried to get value for him in a 5 star RP spect, who is being immediately changed to a SP spect with his 6 endurance.....

Also swapped 3.5 OF Spect Brandon Moss for 3.5 SP spect, lefty Paul Maholm... Maholm will most likely not crack the rotation, but should be a nice fit for lefty long relief very soon
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA
    Well

Gotta speak out on another trade that recently passed.

LAD sends:
    Bartolo Colon 3.5 Stars (7,730,000)
    Antonio Oquendo 3.5 Stars (MLC)
    Total: 7,730,000

Ana sends:
    Travis Blackley 4.0 Stars (MLC)
    Jae Seo 1.5 Stars (3,350,000)
    Julian Tavarez 3.0 Stars (2,560,000)
    Noah Lowry 1.5 Stars (350,000)
    Total: 6,260,000

This is one hard trade to actually judge. What has to be remembered is that this come down to trading for a 35 year old pitcher in our league. Right now Colon is 35. He is 8-9-9 with a 9 endurance, and great velocity. His popularity is not very high so not much attendance increase should be expected from the move to Anaheim. But I think this is the least of Anaheim's worries. Even with the knob cranked back a bit on how older players were dying in the first season or 2, trading for a 35 year old pitcher to make a playoff run has to be scarry. I know what I saw Shawn Green go through as an outfielder at age 33, and we know what has happened to many similar players in this league. If Colon somehow avoids turning into Red Fox plus 100 pounds on the mound sometime in this season, the move will look brilliant for Slyder. If his slow and steady slide starts (and usually when it starts, it progresses quickly), it could easily negate the intended positive impact on the Anaheim team.

On the other side of the trade, I think the key to value may sit with Noah Lowry. While he is only a 1.5 star starter, he is still of the age where improvement happens. If he meets his talent potential, he is easily a viable 4th or 5th starter in a rotation. And any increase in talent to go along with possible increases in ratings, and he could be a steal in this trade.

MLB ERA
    I have to ask one thing as a result of this trade....

WHY THE HELL , HafDawg, ARE YOU STARTING TAVAREZ IN YOUR ROTATION WITH A 3 ENDURANCE?????????

Can't say it's a bad move. With the two games that Tavarez started, they won the game. Plus, Tavarez is sporting a pretty nice ERA.

MLB ERA
    but 2.1 or so IP per start???????????

yah i know...i know. Not something I would do. But if it's working out for him, who's to knock it? yah know. As long as he winning, that's what matters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12