Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Free Agency Ramblings

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    your team sucked just admit it. Mine was better after the trade I made but still not a contender. Also you gave it up the last sim. You said how you tanked it to get a better pick.

So should of would of or could of dont work.
    If I truely tanked I wouldnt have played Young, Hrbek, Hank, etc those last 6 games. I just wanted to shut down Bonderman so he didnt do any more damage to his ability and lose what value he had left. At least I won more than 70 games . You should be use to eating my dust

Anaheim 76 86 .469 15
    Las Vegas 65 97 .401 26

Anaheim 91 71 .562 -- (ALCS )
    Las Vegas 81 81 .500 38

Just for fun lets see bang for the buck
    Las Vegas $52,145,974
    Anaheim $50,708,545

Las Vegas $45,879,214
    Anaheim $47,963,480

Imagine if I could gauge the FA market . LOL
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Sorry, no refunds. I'll keep the...wait a second, what the ****? Its Monopoly money!

Never shoulda trusted a Tiggers fan.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Quote Originally Posted by General
    Sorry, no refunds. I'll keep the...wait a second, what the ****? Its Monopoly money!

Never shoulda trusted a Tiggers fan.
    You really think I would've paid real money, you fool.

Ah, now it's time to wait for mntwinsfan to have his ultimate comeback post.

MLB ERA
    I don't know brak. It's the age old argument: Would you rather have two aces or a solid staff. As the evidence shows in real baseball, it's gotta be the two starters. RJ and Curt, Spahn and Sain, Smoltz + Maddux and Glavine, All of these teams won World Series. Not many teams can get 5 solid starters, and even less can get 2 Amazing starters. But it seems whenever the 2 Amazing get together a World Series will be won. If 1 pitcher flunks, and another performs sub-par, all hope at depth is eradicated.

As for the aging talent, I'm betting they draw the big $$$ just because there are a few teams on the ropes who have a win-now focus. And from what I hear, mntwinsfan is good for 1 or 2 washed up fogies.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Code:
    Year	G	AB	H	2B	3B	HR	RBI	R	BB	HP	SF	K	SB	CS	AVG	OBP	SLG	OPS	
    2007	142	412	110	22	2	4	48	47	24	2	4	71	7	5	.267	.308	.359	.667	 
    2007	133	441	121	20	4	6	47	65	27	7	1	21	53	20	.274	.326	.379	.704
    Player A made 1.25 M
    Player B made 6 M
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    The numbers don't lie....

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313
    I don't know brak. It's the age old argument: Would you rather have two aces or a solid staff. As the evidence shows in real baseball, it's gotta be the two starters. RJ and Curt, Spahn and Sain, Smoltz + Maddux and Glavine, All of these teams won World Series. Not many teams can get 5 solid starters, and even less can get 2 Amazing starters. But it seems whenever the 2 Amazing get together a World Series will be won. If 1 pitcher flunks, and another performs sub-par, all hope at depth is eradicated.

As for the aging talent, I'm betting they draw the big $$$ just because there are a few teams on the ropes who have a win-now focus. And from what I hear, mntwinsfan is good for 1 or 2 washed up fogies.
    Well, I have Glavine, Maddux, Smoltz and Homer Bailey....So, does that mean Im good to go?

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

yo

Quote Originally Posted by General
    You know, for a team that's never finished above .500, you talk a lotta shit.
    stfu

I will talk just like always. what have you done? I see you have not won it all. Most inportant general I was not talking to you.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

I don't care. Don't want me to read and respond to it? Use PMs.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313

Dry,
    I understand the argument, and I'm sure we could discuss it on both sides. If I could get both Santana and Sheets in thi FA market, you bet I would. There's no denying that they're the top talent. I'd love to add one or both to my rotation. It isn't going to happen, but I'd like it anyway.
    But when evaluating the FA class of starting pitching, at most two teams are going to go away with that top tier. The rest of the league - which I would believe is the majority of the league since almost everyone ends up lookings for pitchers - is going to have to do with a second level of FA starters that range from slightly above average to below average. And keep in mind, that is just talking about the second tier talent. Someone will almost have to overpay for someone in this group because they have a hole in their rotation that needs to be filled. Waiting until the third tier in this FA starter class to fill a rotation spot is tantamount to giving up on the season before we've even simmed spring training. I understand that some teams may do that - they could be in a rebuilding phase; they don't want to start the clock on a hot pitching spect; or whatever - obviously it is their choice.
    Keep in mind I'm just talking about this class of FA starters and how deep this class is for us potential buyers. I think the conclusion is that if you have starting pitching to trade - now is the time to do it. If you're looking for pitching, you better hope that you've got the buck available to land one of the top 2, or that you've got the spects and picks that can land a decent starter. It's one of the reasons I've put Kevin Millwood on the block. I don't need to trade him, but I can't let this market go by without at least seeing who is considering a nibble.
    (former) GM of the Kansas City Monarchs of the (now defunct) SBSL

MLB ERA
    You are right Brak that the pitching class is not strong. It may seem that way since there are two Aces that are under 30 years old. Usually, we see pitchers in their early to mid 30's, and then the questions become "How long will this guys last?" and "Do we want to spend big money or risk a long contract on him?". Those questions are a lot easier to answer when you have two 29 year old pitchers that would cost the farm in a trade.

MLB ERA
    Milwaukee signs one of the few players to actually sign from FA in the first two days. In actuality, I am shocked that I got this guy this early and for this price. I thought there would be much interest in a 27 year old with 10 power who plays 4 positions. I thought Dallas McPherson would be sought after. Granted his contact right now is only a 5, but his contact talent is 6. And I've seen plenty of 27 year old still improve talent wise in the contact category (Brunlett and Shelton, namely from my Milwaukee squad). I really needed some more power off the bench, and who knows, he could be a part time DH as well. We'll see how he actually fits in, but he is definately an addition to an already strong lineup. Granted, he is no replacement for Hermida, the once uber-talented #3 hitter for the Brewers (who crashed and burned during his injury); however I believe I have the talent in the minors and through possible dealing to get this lineup back to number one in the league.
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

Despite a 21 million per offer, Santana refuses to sign with me.

MLB ERA
    Uhhh... yeah..... just like the 15MIL I offered Roberts
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA
    I guess Santana didn't like the job security provided by your one year offer General.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast