Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency Ramblings

Well Anaheim, if only, if only, if only you had Brad Penny.

Too bad my man. Too bad.

I would give out my analysis of Anaheim, but I'm still worked up over Kennedy. So I'd be afraid of saying some untrue things about your team, Slyder. We all know how much it rules the AL. We all know how good Anaheim is from your godly GM style. Anaheim rules all of SBSL. It's the greatest team imaginable.

Yah I know, I couldn't stop laughing either when reading what I just typed.

Slyder, I already got you covered.

"Well Rocksports, who kicked your ass in the playoffs. "

My reply, oohh...all I can see is black. My mind must'v blanked it out. Sorry.

I'm really saddened by the 21 mil spending limit, as I've got much more money to spend and am held down by it. I was stingy in the beginning for a reason, but I see where Crazy is coming from. I've got around 30+ mil to spend though, and hopefully I can utilize some of that money instead of being a cheap prick like I was last offseason.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    it is always nice to see you all go after the big free agents. Why should they take your offer when there is 25 other teams bidding on his services?

To me making a trade is much better way to go. then you have a year or two before you need to make him an offer. Teams will overpay like I did and be killed for 3 season before you can be active in free agency again.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Does Juan Pierre for 6 million ring a bell?

Anyone? Anyone....

MLB ERA
    Pierre played well last season hit like 275 with 60 sb's........ SO WTF are you talking about?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

I'm talking about a horrible move, especially when that same player could've gone for, oh I don't know. About 3 zeros less than what you offered.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    I can give you a nice analysis of Kennedy. Kennedy is like a prick in your side that you just can't get out. A splinter in your hand that just wont come out. A disgrace to pitching practically. Kennedy is inconsistent and gives out way too many BBs. You sign him, expect for him to piss you off constantly. Don't expect him to be a star SP, if anything he's depth. Maybe a RP, but be prepared for those 1 IPs, 3 BBs, 2 ER, 1 HR type games from him. It was a great move for my team, when I sent Kennedy's ass down to AAA. Where he had a 5 ERA, I had 26 yr olds, underdeveloped, 5 6 7 pitchers, playing better than him. Theres my analysis of Kennedy, hope that helps.
    Well, I'll go ahead and rescind that offer to Kennedy J/K

Seriously though, I think that just goes to emphasize the lack of quality depth in the starter market this year. Two slices of prime rib, a sirloin or two and several pounds of "stew meat." (I tried to be equal opportunity and have a vegetarian analogy as well here, but I couldn't accurately compare various bricks of tofu )
    Middle Relievers on the other hand seem to be much more a buyers' market with several that seem to me to be rather interchangeable once you weigh talent versus (potential) price.
    (former) GM of the Kansas City Monarchs of the (now defunct) SBSL

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Even if I am not confident in my team making the playoffs, there really isn't any huge holes I feel compelled to spend a high price in ensuring that I land the talent needed which is nice. I still think I will scour the lists a bit to see if there are some nice lower price bench guys I can fill the minors with.

It will be interesting to see if we will see the older guys closer to 35 than 30 get signed to such cheap contracts as they did last season on the whole or if people will be more aggressive in pursuing talent (especially as the younger talent starts to vanish.)

MLB ERA
    yeah and I would have lost him.. all this from a guy who had a hard time beating the Express.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    yeah and I would have lost him.. all this from a guy who had a hard time beating the Express.
    He would have whipped me last year with the way my team seriously underacheived. I was 10 games under 500 and the whole team sucked. He would have rivaled the M's for the division if he was in the West last year.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

yo slyder

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    I went from Playoffs to 10 games under 500 with a team that SHOULD have been even better than my team that made it to the ALCS before getting whipped by Cleveland. My offense went sputter my rotation went KA- BOOM, about the only group that didnt regress was my bullpen.

I saw some promise out of my lineup end of the year but still theres a lot of stuff that I am not sure of going into 07, I need some more patience out of the top of the order. That is why Delmon Young was asked to leadoff, with one pending deal I should get better defensively and better balance vs RHP and LHP.

Now the rotation is probably 3 starters away from being dangerous. Bonderman losing talent really really hurts me since he was my 1st overall pick in the expansion draft but he is still at least servicable in the rotation. Rijo is a frustrating case... I drafted him round 2 of the 2006 MLB draft as a 7,7,7 talent 6,6,6 ovearll and figured he would be helping out sooner rather than later... well it took him a year just to go from 6,6,6 to 7,6,6! End of the year his talent jumps but his overall only goes up to 8,6,6 so far. He would really really help, but i guess hes the only person that was drafted in that year deciding to not jump into the fast lane of development.

Free Agency holds the future of the team, will it be 2008 when I compete or 2010 when everyone of the old guys come off the books that Ill be a force in SBSL again.

your team sucked just admit it. Mine was better after the trade I made but still not a contender. Also you gave it up the last sim. You said how you tanked it to get a better pick.

So should of would of or could of dont work.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

You know, for a team that's never finished above .500, you talk a lotta shit.

woah, general, your amazing. You read my mind.

What am I thinking now? Huh.

You're thinking of dealing me Pujols.

Ooh...wrong answer. I want my 5 dollars back. Your no psychic. You fraud.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast