Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chad Pennington is so overrated

AA ERA

Chad Pennington is so overrated

What do you know? Chad comes up lame against a great defensive team again. Jaguars were begging to lose this game and the refs were doing everything they can to give the Jets a WIN today, but Pennington failed to get it done again. All this talk about him being the next Joe Montana and such is now so laughable. I know people bag on Daunte Culpepper in Minnesota, but at least Daunte gives it his all and plays tough. Daunte has more toughness than Chad Pennington. Chad Pennington is a guy that makes too many mistakes and a guy that is a softie. Joe Montana never had those traits. I hope Jets fans and the NY media start realizing that Chad ain't all that and quite frankly, I think he might be one of the worse QBs in football. He can talk a great game and smile to the cameras every week, but he ain't fooling anyone thinking he is a great QB.

I think Jets signing Chad will hamper this franchise for a very long time. They should have signed Gus Freotte this offseason. Gus Freotte would have been a great mentor to Chad the way he was with Daunte and Brian Griese. Gus would have been a great teacher to Chad. Heck if Gus Freotte was here, the Jets would beat great teams in football. Obviously, they signed Fielder because he would not have been a threat to Chad.

I am sick and tired about the excuse that Chad gets in the media about his arm and about Mike Heimerdinger, the new offensive coordinator (Freotte would have excelled under Heimerdinger). It's time to realize that Chad is not a great or good QB. He reminds me a lot like Kordell Stewart in which they are both gutless losers.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    He was hurt today.

Rookie ERA
    Hes been hurt his shoulder is still bhurt from last year.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Pennington isn't a bad quarterback. His 16/9 TD/Int ratio for last season was solid and he had a 22/6 TD/Int ratio in 2002. He didn't turn the ball over much until this season and I don't recall if his streak of no turnovers in the redzone is still alive but it's still impressive.

Although if the Jets finish with a losing record, that will mean they have the opportunity to draft another stud rookie like they did with Jonathan Vilma. Ugh.

AA ERA
    Stop with the excuses he is hurt. I don't want to hear it. That has grown old fast. I guess he was hurt when the Raiders beat the crap out of him in the playoffs three years ago. I guess he was hurt in the second round game last year. I guess he was hurt when the Patriots beat him last year TWICE. If he is really hurt which I don't think he is, then he shouldn't be playing because whatever he is doing is not effective.

realmofo: He had one great year, but the last few years, he has been atrocious. Today was really pathetic. For the money he is making, it would be real nice to beat a damn good team. If I am the Jets, I seriously think about drafting a QB next season.

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread...83#post2735783

Apparently, Jets fans are down on Chad.

Another thing. I know every team has found a blueprint to beat Chad, but with that said, great QBs find a way to get it done. Everyone likes to blitz Brady, but Brady finds a way. I like to think Chad can do the same too.

Chad's always "hurt". Nothing new here, move along. Chad's mediocre.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Owned by a 36 year old.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Pennington sucks, I'm better than him because I can throw a ball forward.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

AAA ERA
    the refs were doing everything they can to give the Jets a WIN today
    huh? Please explain.

Chad is not overrated when healthy but unfortunately he hasn't been healthy and he reinjured the shoulder that was not back to full strength yet. It's just our luck that we finally have a franchise QB we draft then he gets hurt time after time.

AAA ERA
    Another thing. I know every team has found a blueprint to beat Chad, but with that said, great QBs find a way to get it done
    if that's the case how did he get his team to w/in 2 makebale FG's that were missed of making the AFC Title Game? In his 2 years of playing at least 3/4 of games he has led the Jets to the div rd each time and won a div title.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    Chad's always "hurt". Nothing new here, move along. Chad's mediocre.
    You are just bitter b/c the giants finally played a decent team and got humiliated on National TV.

ESPN=not national TV. Junc, you are a ****ing idiot.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Pennington is the worst QB to come from the MAC. Roethlisberger and Leftwich are the best. Pennington shouldn't even be starting for that horrible team.
    rf28

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    ESPN=not national TV. Junc, you are a ****ing idiot.

I think you should look that up before you make personal attacks. ESPN IS Nat'l TV, every houshold w/ cable has ESPN. games on Sunday's are regionalized where we get NY teams here and in Philly they'll get the Eagles, ESPN is not that way. There is only one game per wekk and it goes to every home that has ESPN.

Pennington is the worst QB to come from the MAC. Roethlisberger and Leftwich are the best. Pennington shouldn't even be starting for that horrible team.
    yes Chad and the Jets are horrible. Chad is so horrible in a 3 week stretch he was the last visiting QB to win a game at Foxboro, thrashed favre & the 12-3 Packers who were fighting for homefield, sewed up an NFL passing title and thrashed the Peyton manning led Colts in the playoffs. he has also led his team to the div rd in 2 of 3 years(the 2 years he has played at least 3/4 of the season) and w/in a makebal kick(2 attempts) of reaching the AFC Championship but you are right he's horrible and the Jets are horrible

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    last i checked, QB's with ruined shoulders arent going to be very good. cant really fault chad for having a bad wing.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast