Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn! (First Three Episodes)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Barry "us" Bonds should take my advice. COME BACK NEXT YEAR. You need to stop hogging the spotlight and you wonder why the media is giving you a hard time. The Giants will not make a run at the Pads or the Dbacks, who are slowly getting back to full strength. Just shut it down Bonds, let Balco sift its way through and go for Ruth in 06
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

+++

Cincy, what say you?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    I think the comeback situation is a joke. It seems like everything involving Bonds has to do with making himself look good and making sure he's in the spotlight. He'll moan and groan about how poorly he's treated and act as though he may not ever come back, and then a few days later he'll come back and say he'll be back this year. Make up your mind already! I personally think he won't be back this year, and that he's just trying to get some folks excited before he lets them down and says: "I tried, but I just couldn't do it".
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

++++

Hammer?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I personally don't think he'll be back, but let's face facts, Barry Bonds has always been a 'me' guy. He wants to catch Ruth in the worst way, and with out the roids... allegedly... he doesn't have much time left. If he can get back in September, make it look like he's helping that team out in a pennant race, and pump his home run total up, he can make last year his final season, and possibly catch Ruth and Aaron all next season.

*points feverishly at camera*

Plus, as mentioned, the Roids thing. If he can prove to hit, like Giambi is right now, perhaps he can improve his standing amongst fans outside the San Francisco area again. Though, I doubt it, in all reality.

++++ and a Woody Bonus +

It seems ATLien bailed on us...ghettochild has been brought in by a private jet to take his place. Go.

MLB ERA
    Thanks for having me, i'll try my best.

Barry who? honestly i don't think anyone in baseball, execpt maybe McCovey Cove, is missing Bonds right now. The giants basically built their whole entire lineup around a 40 year old guy, and now their biting themselves for it.

On his return, his teammate JT Snow said that he highly doubts Bonds will be back this year, and i'm taking his word for it. No one comes back from multiple knee surgerys to play, in full strength, by Sept. I'd say maybe he'd start a small rehab stent, but return to the majors? I doubt it. He's basically making these remarks to keep SF fans in the seats.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

++++ Very nicely done.

We now turn to the NFL, where New England MLB Tedy Bruschi has announced he will not play in the following season as he recovers from a stroke. With their defensive captain sidelined, what do you see the Patriots doing next year, Cincy?

MLB ERA
    I think the Patriots will make the playoffs, although I don't see another Championship within their grasp. It's not because of Bruschi being gone, I just don't see things falling into palce for them this year. Although it will be tough to have a great teammate like Bruschi out, I think the team will survive because they are known for rallying for each other and playing as a collective unit as opposed for "I". Their ability to mesh with anyone(even Dillon!) is what they are famous for, and that comes straight from their great Coach.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

++++

Ghettochild?

MLB ERA
    The Pats are a dynasty. They will find ways to regroup and win. Thats what dynasty's do. Will they win another 21 game, 13 calender month win streak? Heck no, but they will find ways to win under Brady, Dillon, and Belichick. What happened to Bruschi was very unfortunate, but they have to find a way to keep going. Bruschi made the right decision by not playing though, it wasn't worth the risk...not after a stroke no matter now minor.

As for the playoffs, of course they will make it. A championchip? Doubt it, theres much better teams out there.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    Oh man, I was gonna do it.. but I went to the Pharmacy. And met this way hot chick working there, and got caught up with that shit. Sorry guys, would have loved to school y'all in ATH but Ass is my numero uno priority.

++++--

I didn't know you can win win-streaks...and how many times have there been better teams out there? Every year! And yet they keep winning. Hammertime!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Patriots will be perfectly fine. They have tremendous depth at ILB... Linebacker in general, infact. Granted, Bruschi is the 2nd best ILB in the game, but I think a combination of Monty Beisel, Ted Johnson, Dan Klecko, Rookie Ryan Claridge... who's already played in the 3-4... and they'll probably resign Roman Phifer. They also have Mike Vrabel who can double inside, Chad Brown who can double inside, and with Wills McGinest and Rosevelt Colvin to fill in for either of them outside.

And this is exactly what the Pats are about. Filling their roster with guys you've never heard of, and still winning. The team was beatable last year, I thought, so I wouldn't be surprised if they got beat by the Steelers, Jets, Jaguars, Colts, etc..... but I also wouldn't be surprised if they won their 3rd straight.

++++ Nicely done, good dig on the LB Corps.

Porter, what say you?

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast