Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Random Blah Blah Blah for 2010-2011

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: NBA Random Blah Blah Blah's Thread

It's happened before, just depends on how technical you want to be and what you classify as a mid major. 2007 for example, had 3 (one from Morris Almond-Rice, Jason Smith-Colorado State, and Rodney Stuckey-Eastern Washington).

2009 had 4 (Tyreke Evans-Memphis, Stephon Curry-Davidson, Austin Daye-Gonzaga, Eric Maynor-VCU)
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I just classify the conferences as BCS, non-BCS mid major (e.g. Conf. USA, Atlantic 10, WAC, and Mountain West), and then small schools (Davidson, VCU, Eastern Washington, as mentioned).

Also, Nevada guys haven't done much in the NBA. Kirk Snyder is currently in prison for burglary.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Andd Nick Fazekas' career has been in the NBDL. But, people seem to like Babbitt and Johnson, so who knows. My question is, how does a team that has two potential 1st round picks, possibly even top 20 picks, not even make it to the big dance?
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

i think he (giantsfan) was saying 2 guys from the same mid major in the first round. i suppose if nevada counts... memphis had two in 06, shawne williams and rodney carney and fresno state had 2 in... 02 i think... melvin ely and chris jefferies.

in any case... mofo, zito, you should probably wait for some workouts to do your mock bet. theres always easy picks that can be deciphered once the promises come out from the private workouts (austin daye to detroit last year, wilson chandler to new york a couple years back, kedrick brown to boston 97 years ago or so)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

We're not betting. It's just more fun to go early before shit starts falling and Chad Ford blows up espn.com and Jay Bilas over uses length. I bet I get like 6 picks, tops, right.
    Ted

MLB ERA

Guys I meant from the same mid-major school(as Hammer pointed), also you make a good points on Snyder and Fazekas, but if teams use that as a way to judge a program and future prospects from that team, I think thats unfair.

Also the reason why I think we(Nevada) didn't make it to the NCAA Tourney, was the lack of a big man presence, Babbit was a 3, and led our team in rebounding and Johnson was a 1 or a 2.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Screw this. I am gonna start my 2011 draft now...

2011 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Butler's big man was 6'8 230, soaking wet. Our big man was 6'7, and certainly not a DeJaun Blair 6'7.
    Ted

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

3 days off each in both the Eastern and Western Conference Finals series. No games on Thursday and Friday. This is some great momentum building, well done NBA schedule makers.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

mock draft version 2 !!!!

1. Washington - John Wall, PG Kentucky
    Nothing needs to be said.

2. Philadelphia - Evan Turner, SG Ohio State
    Could be a trade, maybe with Minnesota. Don't see Al Jefferson fitting in the Philly system, but Minnesota covets Turner, so who knows what they might be willing to put together.

3. New Jersey - Derrick Favors, PF Georgia Tech
    A great combine solidifies Favors at number 3.

4. Minnesota - Wesley Johnson, SF Syracuse
    Fantastic combine bumps up Johnson as well. 8'10'' standing reach for a guy who skied in at a touch over 6'7", plus only 5 percent body fat, could be what Minnesota was hoping for in Corey Brewer a couple years back. If they can swing a trade with Philadelphia, I'd still expect this to be Greg Monroe.

5. Sacramento - Al-Farouq Aminu, SF Wake Forest
    Cousins illustrated all the things that made him scary in the first place, at the combine. His height and standing reach were fantastic, but his body fat percentage was far and away the worst, even worse than Dexter Pittman and Tiny Gallon [Edit: I was wrong, Pittman had the highest body fat percentage, Cousins was 2nd]. Aminu, meanwhile, had a standing reach of over 9'0" at 6'8". A bit high in body fat percentage himself, but he doesn't have work ethic problems, and maybe when its a toss up, Sacramento will take the position they don't have, and stick with Thompson and Hawes at the bigs.

6. Golden State - Greg Monroe, PF Georgetown
    Monroe fits in the Nellieball system, if it's still around after the offseason, much better than Cousins. Can get up and down the floor, has good range, and nice court vision.

7. Detroit - DeMarcus Cousins, PF/C Kentucky
    Detroit gets lucky (maybe), and has the most talented big fall to them. However, as mentioned, Cousins just amplified his question marks, by showing up at the combine out of shape. Cousins could become an all star, and possibly the 2nd best talent from this draft, but he needs to buckle down and start working.

8. Clippers - Hassan Whiteside, C Marshall
    The winner of the most impressive player at the combines. 7'7" wingspan, 9'5" standing reach and 5.5% body fat, jumps Whiteside up a couple spots, and could perhaps jump a bit more in private workouts.

9. Utah - Patrick Patterson, PF Kentucky
    If Whiteside wasn't the most impressive, it was Patterson. Patterson's question marks before the draft was whether he had the height to be a true NBA 4. He answered that coming in at over 6'9" with shoes on. Only 5.3% body fat as well. His reach and wingspan is a bit low, but he made the mistake of being a productive player at college, so his upside is questioned.

10. Indiana - Xavier Henry, SG Kansas
    Sticking with this pick from the last mock, Henry had a nice combine. His strength was never questioned, but the fact that he had an 8'9" standing reach, with 4.7% body fat, lends even more credence to his potentially becoming a lock down defender.

11. New Orleans - Donatas Motiejunas, PF Lithuania
    Nothing wrong with Cole Aldrich's combine, but I think New Orleans goes for the upside, if a Whiteside type player isnt on the board. Not sure if Udoh's stock would dictate him over Motiejunas or Aldrich at the moment.

12. Memphis - Paul George, SF Fresno State
    I'll stick with this one, seems like a good fit. Both him and Babbitt had solid combines, fairly similar infact, but George had a 3" standing reach advantage over Babbitt.

13. Toronto - Cole Aldrich, C Kansas
    Moves Bargnani back to the 4, not much to say, Aldrich drops 5 spots from my last one, but it's not really of his own fault. Could still go any of the 5 spots in front of this, except perhaps 12 to Memphis, since they aren't pressed for a big.

14. Houston - James Anderson, SG Oklahoma State
    Drop Bradley from the spot, he measured in a 6'3", 180 which is remarkably small. I still believe Bradley can be an explosive scorer, but he needs to pick that weight up, or throw up 185 at least 10 times to squash question marks about his potential strength.

15. Milwaukee - Ekpe Udoh, PF Baylor
    Another high energy defender for Scott Skiles.

16. Minnesota - Ed Davis, PF North Carolina
    Came in to the combine a bit out of shape, but I still like his potential, and he's an energy big and fits with the Minnesota offense. This is of course, under the assumption that they can't deal for Turner, since I'd assume this is a more valuable commodity to Philly, plus dealing the Dalembert contract, then Al Jefferson, who would essentially slow their offense down much like Elton Brand. However, without the deal, they can still perhaps recoup something for Jefferson, combining that with Flynn, Johnson, Love and now Davis. Plus they still have Rubio to dangle somewhere.

17. Chicago - Avery Bradley, SG Texas
    An energy scorer off the bench, reminiscent of Ben Gordon. Could be used well next to Hinrich, who could cover up some of his deficiencies on defense, by taking on the better scorer on the defensive end.

18. Miami - Terrico White, PG/SG Ole Miss
    Impressive combine for White, who came in at a legit 6'5" as a potential PG, plus had the lowest body fat content. Bledsoe came in small, and might've dropped behind White as a result.

19. Boston - Luke Babbitt, SF Nevada
    LARRY BIRD JR!!! No? Ok, still solid value though. Nice combine for Babbitt.

20. San Antonio - Elliott Williams, SG Memphis
    With Parker the subject of trade rumors, they could use some backcourt depth, and somebody that can play this year. Toyed with Bjelica here, but SA likely realizes they need some bodies now, and they can draft a foreign player to stash later. Larry Sanders is also intriguing here, as is Lance Stephenson. If they do consider somebody to stash, it could be Solomon Alabi, the big raw center from Florida State, who also had a very impressive combine body stats wise, but teams still realize he's a couple years away.

Gradually increasing the number of picks... may come back and edit in the final 10 picks later.
    Last edited by Hammer; 05-23-2010 at 04:42 PM.

MLB ERA

If you are a team with a PG already, would you still draft John Wall over Evan Turner(assuming Turner is still available)? I mean personally I think Turner is a better and complete player than Wall. So if I'm a GM and I already have PG, then I would without any hesitation draft Turner.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It can work in Washington because Arenas had played shooting guard for U. of Arizona. (Jason Gardner played the point.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    mock draft version 2 !!!!
    body fat:hammer::length:jay bilas::motor:KoZ

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    body fat:hammer::length:jay bilas::motor:KoZ
    theres a joke there... but i cant put it together yet.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

it's the shortcut way of writing analogies. 1 colon = is to, 2 colons = as to.

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast