Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Random Blah Blah Blah for 2010-2011

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: NBA Random Blah Blah Blah's Thread

I wonder if Red Auerbach was still alive, would he be quick to point out that Doc Rivers hadn't won jack shit as Celtics head coach until they got multiple-time All Stars Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen?

Nah, I didn't think so.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

mock draft volume 3... now factoring in the combines athletic numbers !!!!

1. Washington - John Wall, PG Kentucky

The shocker of the draft.

2. Philadelphia - Evan Turner, SG Ohio State

Yea.

3. New Jersey - Derrick Favors, PF Georgia Tech

The highest Max Jump Height at the Combine, by a half inch over Stanley Robinson. He also threw up 14 reps at 185, proving that he's not as far away strength wise as was thought. The further through the process we get, the more obvious this selection becomes.

4. Minnesota - Wesley Johnson, SF Syracuse

Still no changes. Johnson had a nice combine, 37" vert, 16 reps and 3.1 speed in the 3/4 court sprint. Still, the Minnesota-Philly trade rumors are swirling.

5. Sacramento - Patrick Patterson, PF Kentucky

Meteoric rise, but he complements Evans and Thompson better than anybody else except Monroe, who Patterson has looked much better than at the Combines. Patterson had a 33.5" vert... 4 inches better than Monroe and 6 inches better than Cousins. He also threw up more reps, and with him sizing up with legit 4 size, Patterson moves up the board to number 5.

6. Golden State - Greg Monroe, PF Georgetown

Mediocre combine overall, but his on court play still dictates he'll fit the system. Sometimes its better to just ignore the combine, but in the case of Patterson, he did everything right in front of scouts, and I think he could move significantly as a result.

7. Detroit - DeMarcus Cousins, PF Kentucky

27.5" vert, didn't do the bench press, and ran a 3.55 in the 3/4 court drill, which was 4th worst (Gallon, Alabi, Caracter). His ability on the court at Kentucky is unquestionable, but his off the court work ethic just gets more and more questionable as the days go on.

8. Clippers - Al-Farouq Aminu, SF Wake Forest

Not a great combine, but not a terrible combine. 13 reps and a 33.5" vert, not bad for a stronger 3. Clippers, without trades, biggest hole is at the 3, so it's a nice fit. Of course, Baron and Kaman are still being talked about in trades, and the Clippers got some money if they chose to sign Rudy Gay or some such. But, since the draft is before FA, Aminu falls to them and they snap him up.

9. Utah - Hassan Whiteside, C Marshall

Intriguing combine. Great measurables, 33.5'' vert, 12 reps at 185 which is absurd considering he was so lanky and nobody expected that much out of him. 3.54 speed on the 3/4 court run however, slightly faster than Cousins, but he's a legit shot blocker, and he'll play some defense for Jerry Sloan, which is a must. He likely won't replace Boozer's offense for quite a while though, if ever.

10. Indiana - Xavier Henry, SG Kansas

I'm sticking with this. I like Henry alot, I think he's going to be a nice pro. That said, alot of rumors here that Indiana has fallen in love with Gordon Hayward here. The whole white guy thing keeps it moving in Indiana, but Henry hasn't done anything wrong through the Combine process, so I'll stick with this.

11. New Orleans - Donatas Motiejunas, PF Lithuania

Wasn't at the combine obviously, but Aldrich wasn't a barn burner, so I'll stick with them going with the more project type player.

12. Memphis - Luke Babbitt, SF Nevada

George didn't participate in any activities except the bench press, where he threw up only 4. Babbitt on the other hand, had a fantastic combine, with 15 reps, a 37.5'' vert, and was said to be one of the two best shooters there in shooting drills, with Andy Rautins. George's mid range game was better, but Babbitt was considerably better from 3, college and pro, so Babbitt gets the nod now. He'll also fit as I projected George to, a guy who can feed off passes from Mayo and Z-Bo on open shots. Perhaps better.

13. Toronto - Ed Davis, PF North Carolina

36'' vert and 3.2 speed on the 3/4 run. I may be dropped Aldrich a bit too far, but it was a lackluster combine, and he doesn't strike me as much more than a Joel Przybilla type anyway.

14. Houston - James Anderson, SG Oklahoma State

Nice combine, good fit.

15. Milwaukee - Ekpe Udoh, PF Baylor

Still like him in the Skiles system.

16. Minnesota - Cole Aldrich, C Kansas

My explanations are getting weaker and weaker as we get further into a 3rd mock.

17. Chicago - Avery Bradley, SG Texas

18. Miami - Terrico White, PG Ole Miss

19. Boston - Paul George, SF Fresno State

It did just dawn on me, that potentially, George didn't work out having a promise from somebody already... and possibly it is Memphis at 12. But I haven't heard anything to the contrary. So he drops a bit til I hear something.

20. San Antonio - Armon Johnson, PG Nevada

21. Oklahoma City - Daniel Orton, PF Kentucky

22. Portland - Larry Sanders, PF VCU

23. Minnesota - Eric Bledsoe, PG/SG Kentucky

24. Atlanta - Gani Lawal, PF Georgia Tech

25. Memphis - Lance Stephenson, SG Cincinnati

26. Oklahoma City - Gordon Hayward, SF Butler

27. New Jersey - Nemanja Bjelica, SF Serbia

28. Memphis - Craig Brackins, PF Iowa State

29. Orlando - Quincy Pondexter, SF Washington

30. Washington - Stanley Robinson, SF UConn
    Last edited by Hammer; 05-31-2010 at 03:19 PM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Chad Ford also has Luke Babbitt penciled in at #12 to Memphis because he heard they really want Babbitt and aren't confident he will be there at #25. If that is true, then it can't be Memphis who made the promise to Paul George.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I think New Orleans will take a player who can make an immediate impact to as opposed to a project type player. That's if they care about keeping Chris Paul happy. So maybe they are the team that made the promise to Paul George.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

i never really thought about new orleans taking a wing, because i always just assumed that they were gonna deal west (or paul) this offseason. but if they keep them together, george would infact be a nice compliment, so i guess it depends on what you think theyll do this offseason... rebuild or restock. gives me another thought for one of my next 100 mocks.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

at Phil Jackson paying his players $50 to take charges.
    rf28

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    I wonder if Red Auerbach was still alive, would he be quick to point out that Doc Rivers hadn't won jack shit as Celtics head coach until they got multiple-time All Stars Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen?

Nah, I didn't think so.
    I could say the same thing about Phil, he hasn't done shit with one superstar, his championship have only come when he had more than 1 superstar.
    Chi in 93-95 Jordan's 1st retirement, LAL in 05-07 until they got Gasol.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Ah, but you see, Red was the one who instigated his feud with Phil by grumbling over the legitimacy of Phil's legacy.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Red had what 4 Hall of Famers on his team in those 9 title teams?
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

He had as many as 7 HOF'ers until Bill Sharman's final year. And then they add John Havlicek after Cousy and Sharman were done.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Ah, but you see, Red was the one who instigated his feud with Phil by grumbling over the legitimacy of Phil's legacy.
    Well I did not know that, Red needs to just stfu.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The big gripe about Phil is that he won his titles with the best players and doesn't do any sort of coaching during the games. The first argument is legitimate. The second is not. If you know anything about the triangle offense, you coach it during practice and then allow the players to run it during the games. He doesn't have to coach during the games because the players can coach themselves with that type of offense.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

If you have to discuss the system during the game, then your players are just not that smart.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The Bulls finally take Tom Thibodeau off the market. I know I've been saying he's the best coach available, but now I wonder if he'll be Scott Skiles redux. Well, okay, I don't see him being the alleged prick that Skiles is.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

And the chances of LeBron going to Chicago just increased... Thibodeau and LBJ have the same agent.
    rf28

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast