Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Orange Basketball

AAA ERA

Re: Orange Basketball

Redardless of how they won it's a good win. you need W's this time of year and it would have been disastrous if they fell to a struggling GU team at home blowing a big late lead. They showed some mental toughness coming back in OT.

MLB ERA

Just for reference, I'm pretty sure USF only got into the Big East in the past 4 years or so, so that's why they've never been ranked. Yes, that's an interesting stat, but I'm not sure that proves anything.

Either way, I agree that yesterday was a must win, and I'm happy they pulled it off. I always said I wanted to be at an OT game....but not like that.

MLB ERA

I still can't believe Syracuse survived, they really deserved to lose, they played terrible, horrible coaching leaving Onoaku (sp) on the floor so long. Luckily when Wright fouled out GTown had no one else who can shoot beyound 10 ft.
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

They didn't play terrible until 10 minutes left in the 2nd half. They came out of the half on fire, that's when they pulled away. They really should have switched to man defense in the last few minutes, because Georgetown really only had one 3 point shooter. I wouldn't say SU deserved to lose, but they certainly couldn't really blame it on anyone but themselves.

and cj, PS, it's Onuaku, just for your future reference
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    I still can't believe Syracuse survived, they really deserved to lose, they played terrible, horrible coaching leaving Onoaku (sp) on the floor so long. Luckily when Wright fouled out GTown had no one else who can shoot beyound 10 ft.
    Leaving Onuaku on the floor so long? He had 15 points and 13 rebounds, he was our main rebounder and one of our biggest interior defensive presences...Kristof was ejected (BS) early on, and we had no one else to play down low...and Onuaku STILL came out on every dead ball, because we know he cant shoot FT's. How did he stay in too long?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

ND's coffin has been nailed.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    ND's coffin has been nailed.
    There is always the BE Tourney. SU had a surprise run a few years ago. ND has the talent, for whatever reason it hasn't worked this year.

AAA ERA

SU is lucky they had a couple of good non-conf wins or they'd be out of the Tourney right now. As it is they are playing their way on the bubble. Lucky for them they get SJU, Cincy and RU the next 3 games but if they slipped up in any of them it could get dangerous come selection Sunday.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    SU is lucky they had a couple of good non-conf wins or they'd be out of the Tourney right now. As it is they are playing their way on the bubble. Lucky for them they get SJU, Cincy and RU the next 3 games but if they slipped up in any of them it could get dangerous come selection Sunday.
    You're right. Losing by 3 on a missed buzzer beater to the number 12 team in the country and a team who is 10-4 in the Big East is really playing on the bubble...

O, and they're really LUCKY to have those good non-conference wins. What luck to have totally randomly picked up those wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    You're right. Losing by 3 on a missed buzzer beater to the number 12 team in the country and a team who is 10-4 in the Big East is really playing on the bubble...

O, and they're really LUCKY to have those good non-conference wins. What luck to have totally randomly picked up those wins.
    SU has won 3 of their last 10 games, if you want to ignore reality go ahead but they better take care of business against this weak sched they have coming up or they are in danger of missing the Tourney AGAIN.

Yes, SU is lucky thoise big name teams they beat play in weak conf's. Memphis and KU weren't even ranked heading into conf play and now they can't lose b/c they don't play anyone so it makes those decent wins look alot better than they actually were.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Kansas...doesn't play anyone?

Anyway, Syracuse would be in danger of missing the tourney again, but the bubble is atrocious this season.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    Kansas...doesn't play anyone?

Anyway, Syracuse would be in danger of missing the tourney again, but the bubble is atrocious this season.
    The Big 12 stinks this year. Kansas wasn't ranked when conf play began, not only did they lose to SU in KC but also lost UMass at home and got blown out by Arizona. The only good teams they have played in the Big 12 so far are Mizzou and OU- they lost to Mizzou and got luxcky that Blake Griffin wasn't playing for OU.

AAA ERA

Congrats SU fans, nice end to the reg season. A nice showing in the BE Tourney and you'll have a very good seed for the NCAAs.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

18 Big East games and we peaked in our 18th. Right now this team is looking at a #6 seed or so...we'll have to play UConn in our second BE game, but this is probably the best time to play them after Pitt knocked them around.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn. What a game tonight. Flynn has been great.

We're headed to double OT now!

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast