Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cricket.

cricket.

I am English and i love cricket and play it for my local club and school, i was just wandering if anybody else here does, and if not can you guys tell me if cricket is ever shwon on tv there. (I like baseball more than cricket)

MLB ERA

Re: cricket.

No, cricket is not on tv here, and I had no idea what cricket was until this year. This year, my roommate is from India, and he is an obsessive cricket fan. He taught me cricket, and I taught him baseball. I actually really enjoy cricket. Assuming England is your favorite team, who is your favorite batsman/bowler from another country?

England is my fav team yes my favourite batsman and bowler from another country is,

Bowler: Brett Lee (austrailia)
    batter: Ricky ponting (austrailia)

Yes i no, i really shud hate these guys but i jsut admire them, when im playing cricket with my mates and they pick england and we pick austrailia, i always pretend to be those 2.

MLB ERA

I see. Exactly what is England's rank in ODI right now?

haha u no quite alott to say that they dont show cricket in america...were ranked 7th by the way, and also Ireland have earnd an ICC ODI license and they are now in the ODI rankings, i preferd it when england were the only team from the UK to be in ODI table, but ireland suck at cricket and pretty much every1 beats them (hey did have a good world cup though)

MLB ERA

Well, my roommate and I watch on sopcast. The US had a World Cup team too, but we were god awful. FYI, Sachin Tendulkar is MUCH better than Ricky Ponting. Best cover driver in cricket.

ponting is a much better captin though and is a better test player, i have seen many test were ponting has just out captind the over team. Yeah i remember when USA had a world cup team, they were awfull yes, did they win any games. and i also tsometimes watch on sopcast, but they show pretty much all important games on TV here.

MLB ERA

Nope, we were eliminated in the first round after losing to Australia by 9 wickets

oh...do u support an international side other than USA.

MLB ERA

Not very strongly. Initially, I liked Australia, because they were so good in Cricket 2004 from EA Sports....now, I guess I lean towards India, but I'm not exactly a fanatic, like I am in baseball.

cool, still biggest cricket american fan ive ever met

MLB ERA

I would imagine. Like I said, there's almost 0 coverage here. So, until I met my roommate, I had no idea what cricket was. Most people here don't know the difference between cricket and croquet.

MLB ERA

Yeah, Lou's roommate taught me how to play as well, except most of the stuff you guys have been talking about here is like greek to me. however, i would love to learn. lou?
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

i watched some cricket when i was in New Zealand back in december of 2004. i think it was like the big match between them and the Aussies. that said, i had trouble following it. it wasnt terrible to watch, i just had trouble following it
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

English people love to play cricket it is so popular over here...I think i'll go play some cricket now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast