Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vick Sentenced To 23 Months

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Vick Sentenced To 23 Months

You find me a loop hole in the judicial system and I will find you candy in a candy store.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by rockin500 View Post
    actually yes he will. This was a federal crime. By federal law, he is REQUIRED to serve 85% of his 23 month sentence. So at most, he could get 3 months off for good behavior. He's not getting out until July 2009 at the earliest.
    after doing some more reading, he could get out 5 months early for good behavior
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Halladay_is_God View Post
    after doing some more reading, he could get out 5 months early for good behavior
    here's what he needs to serve:

he ultimate length of Vick's sentence remains unclear, since a conviction of state crimes could require him to spend more time behind bars. As his sentence presently stands, Vick will be required to serve at least 85 percent of his 23 month sentence, meaning a minimum of about 20 and a half months. Vick's potential for an early release depends on a host of factors, including his ability to avoid conflict while in prison.

The U.S. Bureau of Prisons will determine which correctional facility incarcerates Vick. The Bureau will take into consideration the nature of Vick's crimes, the fact he is a first-time criminal, his agreement to plead guilty rather than to contest the charges, any recommendations offered by Judge Hudson, and any space or overcrowding issues at the facilities that could house Vick. It may also consider whether Vick's celebrity status might make him a target.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    You find me a loop hole in the judicial system and I will find you candy in a candy store.
    i dont think you fully understand the difference between the state crime and the federal crime. because if you did, you would know the "loopholes" are in the sentencing guidelines nowadays and where he will be sent. outside of that, there are no real loopholes anymore.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12