Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello (this is not another I'm back thread I promise, read along)

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Attention! Hello (this is not another I'm back thread I promise, read along)

What's up guys, wanted to check in and say hello since it's been a while. Senior year has nearly killed me a few times but I'm just about...*gulp*...done. Both shorty and NYgf (he still has a team here, I believe? I should know that, he does live in my house) are doing well, I suppose. It's been a fun year...oh and I'm 21 now, so I actually drink! (Damn, I could hang with Foster now.)

Anyway, this isn't going to be another ill-fated 'hey brown's back!' attempt where I end up gone in another half a year. But seeing as we're all baseball fans here (right?) I wanted to let everyone know what I'll be doing this summer - I'll be doing play-by-play for the Syracuse Chiefs, the Nationals' AAA affiliate. It's 144 games, which will be hellishly long compared to the 45 I did in Alaska last summer, although I won't be in Alaska. I get to call all the home games and divisional road games (Rochester, Buffalo, Pawtucket, Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, Lehigh Valley) and have to stay in studio for the far ones...though I may sneak a Louisville/Columbus/Indy road trip in there. It should be awesome, and plus guess who the Nationals signed to a minor league deal this offseason.

...Matthew.

...Wade.

...STAIRS.

VIVA LA REVOLUCION!

So chances are high I will get to interview Matt Stairs and call some home runs. (Any home run call suggestions are, of course, welcomed with open arms.) Also, hopefully Bryce Harper toward the end of the season (early clubhouse leader: The Bryce is Right!)

Anyway, I don't want to make this sound like I'm bragging or anything, but I figured you guys would be interested to hear it as baseball fans. Plus I'll get to see a lot of future stars for a lot of the favorite teams of the posters here. Also we play a game against the PawSox in Fenway Park, which will probably be the second-coolest moment of my entire life.

Hope all is well around the forums here - I'll pop in from time to time to see what's up.

Brownie
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Hello (this is not another I'm back thread I promise, read along)

Hang with me. You've been legal in Canada for the past 3 years.
    I saw those glazed over eyes in a FB photo, you'd be able to hang.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Nice to hear from you man. I don't use Facebook much (more on Twitter now) so this is all news to me... but very good news. Awesome to hear how your career is progressing and the amazing opportunity you will have this year. Remember us when you're famous (and we're begging on the streets.)

The Stairs homerun call idea is a good one. What would be great is if you would develop a certain niche for those calls. Like anytime Stairs hits a homerun, your call is related to an 80s/90s sitcom.

"And with that shot Stairs is taking the game Step By Step with Chiefs now down by two."

MLB ERA
    Congrats man! That's really awesome. Sounds like you've got quite a bit going for you. I'd love to have a job like that. Congrats and best of luck to you in the future!
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Yeah, man, senior year of high school was tough for me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

MLB ERA

Kid's legit an alcoholic now
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Online intervention maybe needed.

MLB ERA

You're not really a drunk until you wake up in the morning and have to feel yourself to see if you have any wounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    So chances are high I will get to interview Matt Stairs and call some home runs. (Any home run call suggestions are, of course, welcomed with open arms.)
    Combine all of the famous home run calls into one. It's going to be long, but it will be epic.

"Back, back, backbackbackbackback... gone! SEE-YA! It's outta here! You can put it on the board, YES! Stairs climbs the stairway to heaven! That ball is history! Touch 'em all, Matty!"

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Its a rip-off of the excellent t-shirt, which you should buy if they are still making them, but using this would be awesome if he pinch-hits:
    "And it seems that the [manager] will use Stairs In Case of Emergency here in the 9th."

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    You're not really a drunk until you wake up in the morning and have to feel yourself to see if you have any wounds.
    In his case, he has to check for any of NYGF's bodily fluids when he wakes up

MLB ERA

let me know when u head to pawtucket, i always head to a few series down there so this would be more of a legit reason to go
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

Sounds like a great gig.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Awesome man! This is huge news if I have ever heard it. One of our very own branching out to really do something big in baseball. Huge congrats and I will be rooting for you. I never thought I would want to listen to a Nationals minor league game (other than the occassional Strasburg start or Harper AB). But now, you give us a big reason. I will be tuning in man.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

How dare you think Stairs will be at AAA!! BLASPHEMY!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast