Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Random Rangers Ramblings

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy31
    "Kevin Mench (and/or Nix), Joaquin Arias and Edinson Volquez for Vernon Wells?" Thats crazy, As much as I like Volquez and Arias Id probably do it because Wells would be GREAT! in the outfield. What you think of that deal Molin?

I also hope we dont get rid of Mench for some piece of crap like the Yanks are offering. Dont want to touch Abreu with that phat contract and who knows how many good seasons he has left in him.

I do like Linebrink from San Diego but they might be asking for a bit much?

Man I hope they don't do that. I don't think they'll give up a young arm for a bat. I hope that we are able to pick up Hernandez from the Nationals. A deal for Hernandez isn't too long of a shot either.
    http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/4...rangers1fc.jpg
    "Ninety percent I'll spend on good times, women, and Irish Whiskey. The other ten percent I'll probably waste."

AAA ERA
    Well I think we are shopping Volquez around a bit right now just because we do have 2 other future aces in the system all though Diamond is struggling right now. We've been trying to get Wells from the Jays ever since last seasons off-season, Daniels really likes him or somebody in the organization does.
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyfatty4
    Man I hope they don't do that. I don't think they'll give up a young arm for a bat. I hope that we are able to pick up Hernandez from the Nationals. A deal for Hernandez isn't too long of a shot either.
    I like Hernandez but I don't think he would be a good fit for the Rangers. He gives up a ton of hits, gives up a fair share of homeruns (which is not a good thing in Arlington) and he is a bit expensive.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    Corey Down/Eaton Up
    One of the Rangers most reliable relievers this season has been optioned to Triple A. Brian Corey had posted a 2.60 ERA this season but struggled over his last 3 appearances. Had they not needed to make room for Adam Eaton coming off the DL I seriously doubt Corey would have been demoted. He will still need to clear waivers first so hopefully he can. He has been much to valuable to the Rangers this year to lose to waivers.

Kameron Loe
    It looks like Loe may be an option to rejoin the Ranger rotation next week, assuming he can pick up his rehab performance in Double A Frisco. He gave up 4 runs on 4 hits and 5 walks in 2.1 innings in a loss to Nashville in his last rehab start.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AA ERA
    On Corey, I really doubt he makes it through waivers in a releiver hungry market. The Rangers are probably going to have to trade him for a mid level prospect
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones
    I am a proud member of the Anti-Rocksports Alliance.

MLB ERA
    I'm not really up on how the whole waivers thing works. Would they be able to pull him off waivers and keep him and just demote somebody else?
    I really think they should have worked out somebody else to demote anyway. Corey has been way too good for them to get sent down.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Molina00
    I'm not really up on how the whole waivers thing works. Would they be able to pull him off waivers and keep him and just demote somebody else?
    I really think they should have worked out somebody else to demote anyway. Corey has been way too good for them to get sent down.
    I don't know really. I wish they could because I've really liked what Corey has done.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones
    I am a proud member of the Anti-Rocksports Alliance.

AAA ERA
    I hate Wilkerson! Hes on pace to shatter his season high strikeout total and hes batting around .230 and hes been a rally killer, a really buzz kill too. But with that being said he is leading the team in Home Runs with an astonishing 15!!!!
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

MLB ERA
    I hate Wilkerson! Hes on pace to shatter his season high strikeout total and hes batting around .230 and hes been a rally killer, a really buzz kill too. But with that being said he is leading the team in Home Runs with an astonishing 15!!!!
    I wish the Brewers would take him in some sort of deal for Lee. Right now I would not mind seeing C-Lee in a Ranger uni at all.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AAA ERA
    Just a bad little note to add here. Next week we play a 3 game series against the Twins with Liriano & Santana pitching in 2 of the 3 games.

MLB ERA
    Just a bad little note to add here. Next week we play a 3 game series against the Twins with Liriano & Santana pitching in 2 of the 3 games.
    The same thing happened right before the all-star break. We somehow managed to win 2 out of 3 including beating Santana. Only this time we will have Carlos Lee swinging for the fences.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    Rupe Called Up
    Ryan Rupe has been called up from Triple A Oklahoma to replacement Francisco Cordero in the Ranger pen. Rupe has gone 1-1 with a 3.38 ERA in 18 minor league appearances this year. He also went 1-0 with a 2.79 ERA in 4 appearances last September with Texas.

Bauer Gets Setup Job
    Reliever Rick Bauer will be taking over Coco Cordero's role as the 8th inning setup man. After a mediocre 5 year career in the Orioles bullpen, Bauer has gone 3-1 with a very good 3.04 ERA in 47.1 innings for the Rangers this season.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AAA ERA
    Lol just a funny tidbit from todays dallas morning paper .

A driver wheeled up to the Rangers' clubhouse a half-hour before Friday's game and dumped out Carlos Lee, thus averting Buck Showalter's most inventive starting lineup:

Kevin Millwood, batting ninth at DH.

Fortunately, Lee made it on time. Unfortunately, we're still waiting on pitching.

And waiting ... and waiting ...

MLB ERA
    Eaton to Miss Next Start
    Adam Eaton will miss his scheduled start tonight in the finale against the Kansas City Royals due to a bout with food poisoning. John Koronka will be making the start in his place, pitching on 7 days rest. Koronka pitched well in his last start against the Royals in Kansas City allowing 2 runs on 6 hits over 6.1 innings. Hopefully that can carry over into tonight's game. The Rangers desperately need to snap their current 6 game losing skid and get back into contention.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    Wasdin Designated for Assignment
    In a move that was no surprise to me, starting pitcher John Wasdin has been designated for assignment. He went 2-2 with a 5.47 ERA in 5 starts for Texas this year and has posted a 5.10 ERA overall in 9 total appearances. I would expect this move is to make room for Kip Wells on the major league team.

Rheinecker Down/Feldman Up
    Another move that is no big surprise, starting pitcher John Rheinecker has been optioned to Triple A Oklahoma after getting brutalized by the Twins in his last start allowing 8 runs on 9 hits in 1.2 innings. John went 4-5 with a 6.03 ERA in 13 starts for the Rangers this year.

Reliever Scott Feldman was promoted to the MLB to take Rheinecker's spot on the team. Despite a 5.23 ERA in 27 appearances for Texas, he has not had a horrible year. He has only walked 9 and struck out 26 batters in 31 innings for the Rangers and has a 2.84 ERA in 4 appearances in July.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast