Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Random Rangers Ramblings

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    The A's won 10 - 4...

MLB ERA
    I wasn't sure if they had played yet or not. Oh well. At least despite doing horrible we are staying close. lol
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

AA ERA
    Teixeira robbed of another game winning hit by the umps last night. This isn't a slump he has been in, its an umpiring conspiracy!
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones
    I am a proud member of the Anti-Rocksports Alliance.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphictor
    Teixeira robbed of another game winning hit by the umps last night. This isn't a slump he has been in, its an umpiring conspiracy!
    That was an unbelievable call by the umpire. Normally they see when the ball hits the chalk. This time they didn't and it cost us a win. At the very least 2 runs would have scored on that play and would have tied the game. And with that, Texas could not capitalize on the A's being shutout again and remain 1.5 games back.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    Adam Eaton has been taking part in bullpen sessions lately, and Tuesday was able to throw his slider without any problems. He will have another bullpen session tomorrow, then pitch in a simulated game at Arlington on Sunday before beginning rehab in the minor leagues. The Rangers expect Eaton to be able to join the starting rotation on July 26th.

In other Ranger news, no former Rangers players received enough votes to be inducted into the Texas Rangers Hall of Fame this year, so instead the club is planning a celebration to commemorate the 10th anniversary of their first division title from 1996.

From the Texas Rangers website:
    The events begin with the Alumni Legacy Golf Classic on Thursday, Aug. 10, at The Links at Waterchase in Fort Worth, the Dr Pepper Luncheon on Friday, Aug. 11, and the Alumni Legacy Game that night.

The 1996 team will be honored on Saturday, Aug. 12, before the Rangers game with the Seattle Mariners.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    Rick Bauer:
    Due to a problem with a hemorrhoid, Ranger reliever Rick Bauer could be headed to the disabled list. No decision has been made but there is a possibility that he won't be back until right after the all-star break. Bauer has been one of the Rangers more reliable relief pitchers posting a 3.40 ERA in 28 outings spanning 39.2 innings.

Brian Anderson:
    Trying to recover from injury, Anderson has suffered a major setback in his attempt to return to the mound. After the all-star break doctors will be attempting to repair a ligament in his elbow. Anderson was expecting to possibly provide some starting pitching help later in the season, but now that seems in doubt.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    Mark DeRosa has been named the Rangers player of the month for June. In 26 games DeRosa had 40 hits in 108 AB's for a .370 batting average. He also posted a .409 OBP, hit 11 doubles, scored 13 runs, and drove in 10. DeRosa's .332 batting average on the season would rank 3rd in the AL if he had enough AB's to qualify, which he currently does not.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    Guzman Down, Littleton Up
    The Rangers optioned outfielder Freddie Guzman to Triple A Oklahoma and called up pitcher Wes Littleton to take his place. In 13 appearances for Oklahoma, Littleton went 4-1 with a 2.16 ERA and struck out 15 batters in 16+ innings.

Rangers Interested in Smoltz

The Rangers are exploring every starting pitching trade option that is out there.

If the Atlanta Braves decide to trade Smoltz, the Rangers will definitely be interested. He is 4-5 with a 3.73 ERA in 17 starts, although he turned 39 in May. He is still pitching well and his experience, especially in post-season, would be a boost to their staff.

Dontrelle Willis' name has come up much during the season, but the Florida Marlins are on the rise in the National League East and they have told teams they aren't interested in trading their best pitcher.

There are other possibilities:
    The Baltimore Orioles will likely move Rodrigo Lopez or Bruce Chen. The Rangers could have interest in Lopez, who was a 15-game winner last season but has slipped to 5-9 with a 6.32 ERA this year.

Miguel Batista, who is 8-5 with a 4.94 ERA with the Diamondbacks, might be another interesting name if Arizona doesn't stay in the race. The Rangers have kicked the tires on him several times before.

The Washington Nationals will likely try to trade Livan Hernandez, who has been one of the most durable pitchers in the game the past six years. He is 6-8 with a 5.46 ERA for the Nationals this year, but the Rangers have liked him in the past.

Others to watch include Philadelphia's Cory Lidle and both Scott Elarton and Mark Redman with the Royals.

Most intriguing could be Cleveland right-hander Jake Westbrook, 28, who is 6-4 with a 4.37 ERA in 16 starts. He is making $4.25 million this season, and the Indians have an option for $5.6 million in 2007. After that, he can be a free agent. This is the kind of pitcher the Rangers would like to acquire, a young pitcher with some upside potential who could help them beyond this year.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    Jason Botts has been optioned to Triple A and outfielder Freddie Guzman is expected to be called in his place.

With DeRosa being one of the team's best hitters, and Buck wanting to get Hairston into the lineup as well, Botts was not getting much of a chance to play at the MLB level which prompted his demotion.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    Feldman Down, Wilson Up
    Reliever Scott Feldman was sent down to Triple A Oklahoma yesterday after posting a 5.23 ERA in 27 appearances for the Rangers. He had not exactly been pitching horribly of late though as he allowed just 2 runs over 6.1 innings in 4 July appearances.

C.J. Wilson was called up from Triple A Oklahoma to replace Feldman. Wilson had gone 1-2 with a 5.12 ERA with 12 walks and 19 strikeouts in 19.1 innings earlier in the year before being sent to Triple A. Wilson was 1-0 with a 2.45 ERA and had allowed just 3 ER in 11 innings while striking out 17 for Oklahoma to earn the promotion.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AAA ERA
    I like Feldman, I guess he just isnt ready to make an impact in the Bigs yet.
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

MLB ERA
    He wasn't doing all that bad lately. Actually somewhat decent. I'm not sure this is such a good move but I guess we'll see how Wilson turns out this time.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AAA ERA
    ****in Mench!
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

AAA ERA
    "Kevin Mench (and/or Nix), Joaquin Arias and Edinson Volquez for Vernon Wells?" Thats crazy, As much as I like Volquez and Arias Id probably do it because Wells would be GREAT! in the outfield. What you think of that deal Molin?

I also hope we dont get rid of Mench for some piece of crap like the Yanks are offering. Dont want to touch Abreu with that phat contract and who knows how many good seasons he has left in him.

I do like Linebrink from San Diego but they might be asking for a bit much?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy31
    "Kevin Mench (and/or Nix), Joaquin Arias and Edinson Volquez for Vernon Wells?" Thats crazy, As much as I like Volquez and Arias Id probably do it because Wells would be GREAT! in the outfield. What you think of that deal Molin?

I also hope we dont get rid of Mench for some piece of crap like the Yanks are offering. Dont want to touch Abreu with that phat contract and who knows how many good seasons he has left in him.

I do like Linebrink from San Diego but they might be asking for a bit much?
    I haven't seen anything like that but if Texas could get Wells I would say go for it. I love Mench but he is way too streaky. I don't know that much about Arias and if Volquez is traded we would still have Danks and Diamond.

I'm pretty sure Daniels won't let Mench go unless he gets some pretty good value for him though. Wells would fit that very well though.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast