Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2036 S3SL Random Ramblings

MLB ERA

Re: 2036 S3SL Random Ramblings

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    My only issue with anyone would be making sure there are 25 men on the roster and the lineups/rotations are filled out. There is no excuse for that for any length of time. It should be taken care of.
    Life happens, I missed 2 sims, I took a punishment... the not filling out the roster hurt my long term plan... so I'm not sure how u can sit there and say it's always been a problem... Just because I had no talent and no $$$ to sign players and fill out a roster is not my fault... i took responsibility for the 2035 disaster but being bad because u have no money/farm is just the way things go...

Again I have 1 1st round pick from 2029-2035 on the roster... if the roster was full of those draft picks, I'd get the anger but thats not the case at all
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I said that not filling out a roster and such would be my issue with anyone...meaning anyone in a league. I never said it was always a problem so don't be putting words in my mouth so-to-speak nor was there "anger" in my post.
    Last edited by Providence A's; 07-23-2011 at 09:32 PM.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    Life happens, I missed 2 sims, I took a punishment... the not filling out the roster hurt my long term plan... so I'm not sure how u can sit there and say it's always been a problem... Just because I had no talent and no $$$ to sign players and fill out a roster is not my fault... i took responsibility for the 2035 disaster but being bad because u have no money/farm is just the way things go...

Again I have 1 1st round pick from 2029-2035 on the roster... if the roster was full of those draft picks, I'd get the anger but thats not the case at all
    I'd love to let this die, but telling lies just bothers me too much.

You missed alot more than the two sims in 2035. Zodious' post showed 5 years of massive losing. Kingdom noticed your partially filled roster on more occasions than one or two in the years leading up to 2035.

You also did have enough $$$ to sign FA scraps as a minimum. This is all anyone (Provie in this thread) is really asking of you. You clearly were doing everything you could to get a top pick, in many cases it was #1 or #2.

What talent you did have was traded or over-worked due to partial rosters.

And whether your top picks are on your MLB roster or not is irrelavent to the conversation.

You tanked. It's done. You have the makings of a dynasty. Whether you can make something out of it remains to be seen, but your chances are good. As we all know, the playoffs are a crap-shoot.

My original point was that I have no respect for the way you played the game in this league. I think several share my position.

So let's stop rationalizing and flat out lying and just play it out.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

As bad as my roster was for a while. I still made sure I had 25 on my roster even if it meant signing FA scraps. Kingdom wasnt the only one that noticed, several have noticed. I was surprised only one of the years it happened got the penalty. But what's done is done.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    And whether your top picks are on your MLB roster or not is irrelavent to the conversation.

You tanked. It's done. You have the makings of a dynasty. Whether you can make something out of it remains to be seen, but your chances are good. As we all know, the playoffs are a crap-shoot.

My original point was that I have no respect for the way you played the game in this league. I think several share my position.

So let's stop rationalizing and flat out lying and just play it out.
    1) When those players I tanked to get come up, then by all means hate and say its rigged thats fine. I'm not disputing that, you can hate the way I did things (mostly unintentionally) and I'm not saying you have to change your opinion on that. But lets be clear, I never let talent rot in AAA, I never intentionally called worse players up to make the team worse. Did I always have 25 guys? No I did not but that was rarely intentional. To say I "tanked" implies I did all of those, I just didn't have 25 healthy guys at all time, a couple of times it was laziness, a couple of times I couldn't afford to promote anyone, sometimes it was better to have 21-22 guys on the roster than call up the next 3-4 guys because they were that bad. You can disagree all you want on that, but thats the way the team was

2) Compiling this team has been a really tough job given the financial restraints, lack of a farm system to work with. To just say its all cause of tanking is just not true. Its been great GM work making a couple of great deals, and some FA luck... IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DRAFT position.

By all means you can hate the teams that are a result of tanking, thats fine, but this team isn't one of them
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It's okay everyone, no one really likes CJ anyways. Carry on.

Rookie ERA
    There should always be 25 players on your ML roster, regardless if you think they were too horrible to be up there.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

As Boston, I'm now in a position where I could definitely tank (and have been for the past 3 seasons at least), but I never have. I missed a couple of sims about 3 seasons ago, and my lineups were incomplete, but I resolved that - with a few exceptions, I have always had a full roster and the most effective players up in the majors (not in AAA).
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

"sometimes it was better to have 21-22 guys on the roster than call up the next 3-4 guys because they were that bad"

yea, thats damn near the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard/read

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

'Thin Air' is more talented than 'Warm Body'.

Memo was just sent. All seven of 'em.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Pretty much. If you don't have a catcher, you'll have a ton of passed balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

There's a strong correlation between leading the league in passed balls..and playoff contenders. True story.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Back to the actual team...

Stupid Pulido is 23 batting .325 but clearly he's not seeing the ball as well and loses contact points... Unreal

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

wow! with the Trades that just went though it was like the deadline early!

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    2) Compiling this team has been a really tough job given the financial restraints, lack of a farm system to work with. To just say its all cause of tanking is just not true. Its been great GM work making a couple of great deals, and some FA luck... IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DRAFT position.

This is hilarious. Especially in S3SL, there is a significant difference in talent between the top 3 picks and the 7-10 pick. The ridiculousness of the rest of the post has already been identified.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast