Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Felipe Alou completely lost it?

Has Felipe Alou completely lost it?

Or is he merely struggling with reality since his "Juice-o-matic" Barry Bonds is out for the year?

Apparently some sports talking head was pissed at how bad the Giants have been and made a remark that offended Alou.

The link to the story:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2126396

Maybe I'm a bit slow, but when has the term 'Caribbean' been considered a racial slur?

I'm serious. I have never heard of anyone from the Caribbean being insulted by being called Caribbean. I have friends from that part of the globe that refer to themselves and their family members as Caribbean.

I think this is political correctness taken to an extreme.

Now, if they were insulted by being called brain dead hackers who swing at slop, then maybe they should spend some time in the batting cage to cure this obvious deficiency that can be seen by anyone who watches the Giants play. They ARE brain dead hackers who swing at slop. But make no mistake, it is all members of the team, NOT just the players from the Caribbean. So I guess maybe that is where the line was crossed, by this announcer singling out only certain members of the team?

If I was Alou, I would have been more pissed that he had said "You have a manager in Felipe [Alou] whose mind has turned to Cream of Wheat." But maybe Alou agrees with this assessment.

When you are the guy in charge of a pile of shit, you can either do the dirty work and clean it up, or you can be a cocksucking choad and look to draw attention away from the shit you created by pointing out some alleged greater flaw in someone else.

Alou has chosen to be a cocksucking choad.

And since personal attacks don't seem to phase him, just attacks on certain ethnic players on his team, let me try one of my own - Hey Alou - you are an inbred cocksucker who probably molests small animals, and cannot manage your way out of a paper bag.

There. That good enough for ya slapnuts?

MLB ERA
    If he said Brain dead Blacks or Brain dead Domincans even, then I would be pretty pissed. But Carribeans? Nobody calls themselves Carribeans. Carribeans are just a bunch of islands including Puerto Rico & the Domincan Republic, which is where some of the best baseball players in the world come from. I think the dude who said it is a bad character, but Felipe over-reacted. The radio host should just be thankful that he didn't let a really bad one slip out this time. However, eventually it will be known how he really feels.

This reminds me of that Oklahoma coach who said his player wasn't a ******, and then turned around and said that it's BS and everyone is too PC. LMAO. Actually, this doesn't remind me of that instance at all. Carribeans & ****** are on two completely levels of slurs, I just wanted to remind eveyrone what a dumb **** that idiot was in Oklahoma!

MLB ERA
    You can't walk off the island.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    You can't walk off the island.

Sure ya can ... depending on the island, you might not get far, but you can sure as hell walk off it ....

As an added note, I asked some folks about the term 'Caribbeans' ... some of those asked were co-workers who are natives from one of the many islands in the Caribbean. They shrugged and said it was no big deal, and said 'Caribbeans' was pretty much the same type of term as 'Americans'.

So, since I personally know these folks and respect their opinion, I am even more convinced Alou simply has a stick up his butt because his team sucks so badly, and is doing anything and everything to draw attention from the fact he sucks as well since it IS his team.

For your info, here is a map of the Caribbeans. I can see where the term 'Caribbeans' can be akin to 'Americans'.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has Felipe Alou completely lost it?-caribbean-map-gif  

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris13c
    Maybe I'm a bit slow, but when has the term 'Caribbean' been considered a racial slur?
    It's not. This whole thing is beyond silly and Alou is a twat.

MLB ERA
    All I know is he called the Latino players brain dead. You can't do that man! Be careful what you say next time, no problems!

Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    the Latino players

Since when do the Carribeans=all Latino players?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    I was summarizing what he said. I know what the radio host meant.

Meant. He didn't say it though.

MLB ERA
    Read between the lines!

MLB ERA
    Whatever. I don't even know why I am arguing this. The radio host is a racist and should be fired. PERIOD!

I'm a racist. Fire me.

MLB ERA
    No, that's B.S.

he didn't say "all latinos" nor did he mean it. He was talking about specific players on a certain team if I'm reading it correctly. It wasn't racist in the least and Atlien, I don't understand how 8 posts ago, you say it's not a racist coment and in post #12, you say the radio host is a racist and should be fired. Tha'ts a little contractictory.

Read between the lines!
    which means "make up shit in your head and run with it".

MLB ERA
    He is saying the latino players on the team are brain dead. That is ****ing racist. You would expect better, especially out of California where there's so much Latin culture instilled.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast