Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has Felipe Alou completely lost it?

MLB ERA
    Meh, I'm not going to argue about something that you've suddenly decided to interpret as what he meant. Going by what he said and even the context in which he said it, it was NOT a racist comment.

Larry Krueger of KNBR went off about the struggling club and its "brain-dead Caribbean hitters hacking at slop nightly."
    My last post on this subject, because this ****ing stupid. His cream of wheat comment could and maybe should be "interpretted" as being more "racist" than the comment above. The comment above is only racist if you choose for it to be in your own mind.

BTW: when did "all latino players" suddenly become caribbean? that'd be like saying all white people are german. Yes, it's really that broad and stupid of a correlation.

MLB ERA
    How many latin baseball players do you know are from Mexico or Chile or Brazil? The extreme majority of the latin players come from the carribean islands.

MLB ERA
    To me, he is saying that the players from the Cuba/Puerto Rico/Dominican Republic/etc. are brain dead. You can not say that. That is racist. Period.

AA ERA
    Dan: You calling Larry Krueger racist is pretty funny. You just keep showing the whole board what a complete hypocrite you are. You go rip white folks all the time yet you sure call Larry Krueger out. That's hilarious. First off, I don't think Krueger is a racist. What he said was wrong. He should have never invoked someone's nationality. He should have known better. He was saying something out of a reason. You want to know an example of racism. Your hero, John Rocker who went out of his way to rip New Yorkers and minorities in SI. Rocker has always come off as an angry man like you. Rocker's was premeditiated while Kruger was saying something out of the blue in frustration. Big difference.

You and Rocker are two peas in a pod. For you to call Kruger out is calling the pot kettle black. I would suggest not throwing stones at a glasshouse when I read some of the shit you write here. I am just amazed how people tolerate your shit here.

--
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    I can't help it if white people are always saying stupid shit.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    should he have been suspended? yes. fired? no. there are some things you shouldnt say, and I cant blame him for being upset. but a messenger of satan? cmon now.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Quote Originally Posted by Lynch

Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    Read between the lines!

which means "make up shit in your head and run with it".

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    To me, he is saying that the players from the Cuba/Puerto Rico/Dominican Republic/etc. are brain dead. You can not say that. That is racist. Period.
    You can not say that? He said it....what do you mean he cannot say that? Here let me say it.....

It is becoming more and more evident to me that you are the racist one here, going back to that thread about illegal immigration. That is the problem with too many that come to the US the illegal way, they think everyone and everything is racist against them.

Like I stated to you before, paranoid much?
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I can't help it if white people are always saying stupid shit.
    Like I said in the post below.....this is just more evidence that you are the racist one here. Maybe you had better QUIT while you are ahead......

And, like I told you in the rep section, now I get your name ATLien = alien....
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    Okay, I am the racist? LOL, whatever.

All you are white, right? Figures.

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I thought I was the only one that felt those comments weren't that bad. Glad someone else agrees this has been taken to an extreme. Now Kreuger has been fired. I thought it was funny actually, especially when he said Alou's mind had turned into cream of wheat. LOL.

++ rep for you Boris

MLB ERA
    Are you Latin? No, shut the **** up. What he said if offensive, period. It made my day that he got fired.

MLB ERA
    Not you A's Girl, but all of y'all.. Don't know what you talkin about

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Are you Latin? No, shut the **** up. What he said if offensive, period. It made my day that he got fired.
    ATL, get a freakin grip, damn. I'm entitled to my freakin opinion under the first amendment of this country's constitution. Not everyone is gonna agree with you and that's what's great about this country.

A lot of people have called into KNBR actually SUPPORTING Krueger. Imagine that....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast