Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You can pucker up now

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by yhova
    His injury / (injuries) most likely a case of being caused by him being yet another bum that was juiced on steroids and now is showing the effects his first year off of them.......so yeah, i'll gloat....
    You may have hit the nail on the head.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by joek
    Gagne was never, is not, and more than likely never will be in the class of Mariano Rivera. How many playoffs, pennants, and WS rings has Gagne helped his team win. Geeeeessshhh, I forgot, it's the other players fault.
    Now that's over the top. Gange has done everything a closer is supposed to do. He can't put runs on the board himself, or get the rest of the staff to give him a lead in the ninth. Closers have a very limited role on the team, and Gange played that role perfectly. In this case, it most certainly is up to everyone else on the team to give him a lead in the ninth.

Yeah, it's like having a perfect engine in a car (Gagne) but no tires.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    He can't put runs on the board himself, or get the rest of the staff to give him a lead in the ninth.
    Having the lead in the ninth is how he got all those saves. I understand what you are trying to say. But you need to understand that getting saves on a team that may not be very good is easier than getting saves for a consistent playoff team. PRESSURE! Also Gagne has performed in an inferior league, while Rivera has performed over a long stretch in the best division, in the best league, under the most pressure imaginable, and has achieved above and beyond expectations.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by joek
    Having the lead in the ninth is how he got all those saves. I understand what you are trying to say. But you need to understand that getting saves on a team that may not be very good is easier than getting saves for a consistent playoff team. PRESSURE! Also Gagne has performed in an inferior league, while Rivera has performed over a long stretch in the best division, in the best league, under the most pressure imaginable, and has achieved above and beyond expectations.
    He wasn't given much of an oppertunity to even pitch! He faced 10 batters in the playoffs last year, struck out 3, gave up a hit and a walk. No one even made it past 1st base on him. He didn't record a save because the rest of the team didn't put him into a save situation! Gange can't drive in any runs and the rest of the team wasn't much better at it! I'll grant you the fact (although I don't believe its true) that the NL is weaker. Gange has dominated the "inferior" league as you would expect a clutch player to do! The Dodgers hitters couldn't score runs, and that is why they lost, Gange had nothing to do with it.

ERA
    Call NASA
    What you are saying is Gagne pitched throughout the season without much expectation and under no pressure. Under those conditions, many a player has done well, only to fold when the chips are down.

MLB ERA
    Has Gagne ever given up a double to Tony Womack and a bloop single to Luis Gonzalez to lose the World Series?
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    Has Gagne ever given up a double to Tony Womack and a bloop single to Luis Gonzalez to lose the World Series?
    It hurt me too much to point out. I'm glad you made this post, Tyrus.

What you're saying, JoeK, is that Gange folded. If posting a zero ERA in the postseason is folding, then you're being ridiculous. Just admit you're wrong for once.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber

Didnt he give up a HR to Ortiz too keep the Sox Series alive last season?
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Um yhova, when you tell someone to pucker up is that similar to telling someone to stick their head BACK up their ass, have something to eat and brush their teeth? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard
    Um yhova, when you tell someone to pucker up is that similar to telling someone to stick their head BACK up their ass, have something to eat and brush their teeth? Just curious.
    LMAO ! Absolutely....
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

Just a friendly reminder:

Mariano Rivera = All Star for the millionth time
    Eric Gagne = Disabled list for career
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

MLB ERA

You were proven wrong by everyone in this thread except Joke.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Element

You were proven wrong by everyone in this thread except Joke.
    You must be smoking some good crack. 2 years does not equal 10 years of excellence. You have no arguement....
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

MLB ERA
    argument
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast