Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bradley out for season ......

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Bradley out for season ......

This is similar to the incident in which NBA ref Joe Crawford allegedly challenged Tim Duncan to a fight, except that it was the other way around where everybody assumes the player, Duncan, was not at fault based on his squeaky clean image.

JOSE REYES IS KING
    Rookie ERA

As a mets fan not shedding any tears
    http://www.getafreeappleiphone.com/i...ers/1167_4.gifpaid for my Jose Reyes jersey Yes it works you can try it too.Free money for quick easy surveys.For Pictures of my checks and tips check out my blog http://paid4mycamera.blogspot.com/

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    So anything the umpire did was perfectly ok just because he didn't take action first?

Egging someone on and talking shit to them when you're supposed to be an unbiased official is acceptable?

The joke's on Milton because he let the Umpire's words get to him?
    Please learn to read. This shit gets old after a while. I mean it really ****ing does!
    Just like in this forum, it takes two to tango. Bradley didn't have to question anything about the bat flinging since nothing ever came of it. The umpire had no right to keep chirping like you said but Bradley could have been a man about it. Why even bring shit up? The umpire stood his ground and even when Bradley was coming after him the umpire didn't show anyone up. It wasn't just this one umpire who had a problem with Bradley throwing the bat. Meachum was the first to act which does make me think some things were said out of line but Meachum has an agenda. Helton is the only objective person that knows anything. I guarantee this umpire will be fined and no where near the playoffs. Bottom line, both were in the wrong.
    Bradley started this shit when he went up to the umpire over a dead issue. Bradley could have let it go and gone on his way and have been happy with his single. Instead he starting shit with the umpire and the umpire went back at him. If you could read where I said they were both in the wrong, that's exactly what I meant. To answer your last question, that's obvious. Yes the joke is on him!! When the umpire says if you keep it up you're out of here and Bradley goes after him physically thus hurting his knee then yes the joke is on him if you care to call it a joke. This should have never happened but hot head Bradley couldn't let the smallest thing go. Both were wrong but Bradley has only himself to blame.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Again.......Bradley didn't start it..........the 1st base umpire did when he left his position and told the home plate umpire the MB tried to hit him with his bat ( which was a lie )

Then the homeplate umpire confronted MB about this allegation............

THEN MB asked the 1st base umpire wtf.........that's far from starting anything........

MB has a right to know who was talking shit about him behind his back.
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Wrong as usual! All the umpires got together, not just Winters. The home plate umpire confronted Bradley and there it should have ended but it didn't because he couldn't let it go. If he didn't flip it at the umpire, what's the big ****ing deal? Bradley made it one and paid for it and the umpire will too. And they didn't do it behind his back, it was right there on the field.

MLB ERA

Wrong?? Hardly.......

Not sure what you saw, but this is the way things happened ........

1. In the 5th inning Bradley K's, tosses his equipment, takes the field, no issues whatsoever come of this at this point
    2. Inbetween innings Winters approaches the homeplate umpire and tells him MB threw his bat at him
    3. In the 7th MB comes up to bat, and the homeplate umpire asks him if he threw his bat at him, to which MB replies that's rediculous, and the homeplate umpire tells him thats what the crew informed him of.
    4. MB gets a basehit up the middle and reaches 1st.
    5. Once at 1st, MB asks Winters if he was the one that told the homeplate umpire that he threw his bat at him, to which Winters replies....you did
    6. MB responds by saying that's rediculous and not true
    7. A fan heckles the umpire for starting shit with MB, to which MB points to the fan showing that even the fans know how wrong the umpire was.
    8. The umpire gets pissed and starts chirping at MB, while MB is leading off 1st during game time.
    9. MB chirps back to the umpire while leading off 1st
    10. Winters calls MB a "fucking piece of shit" ( and according to some drops a racial bomb as well, unconfirmed as of yet)
    11. Meacham is disgusted and turns and gets in the umpires face, and MB heads back to first, arms in the air, calling for TO.
    12. After he reaches 1st base with the umpire still chirping, he charges the umpire and Meacham has to turn around and restrain him, and Bud Black heads out
    13. While being restrained by Black, MB blows out his knee, and collapses

There is the event............IMO and in many peoples eyes........this is on the umpire near 100%.........if he had acted professionally this would NOT have happened.........If he had an issue with the way MB disposed of his equipment, then he should have field a grievance with the league, for them to review as is appropriate for an umpire.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Sorry but that's not how it happen. The umpires met as a group on the fieldas was reported on Baseball Tonight and ESPN radio with Mike and Mike. It wasn't just one guy and never did home plate umpire tell who said what since it wasn't just Winters who said something. Bradley then came to ask the first base umpire for no reason. It was a dead issue and nothing came of it until Bradley said something. I am 100% positive Bradley was not so nice in his inquiry into the problem. Nonetheless the umpire was in the wrong for keeping things going like it did. Bradley is alos at fault. To put this near 100% on the umpire is absolutely ridiculous. Umpires are not supposed to show up players especially when they are arguing and I didn't see any of that. Winters kept his hands on his knees and held his position. He kept mouthing off which is wrong and nobody has said otherwise. To the extent of what he said we don't know for sure to say "there's the event". I highly doubt there were any racial bombs. Like I said Helton is the only one without an objective that can help this matter and he will soon.

Bradley is to blame for bringing up a dead issue and keeping things going after he was told to quit or he was getting tossed. He is also to blame for going after the umpire who wasn't having anything to do with Meachum or Bradley and was turning his head and not mouthing off.

The umpire is to blame for keeping the argument going and not being a professional.

To say the umpire is near 100% to blame is just not true. Both share balme and Bradley more so for the way he acted which resulted in him getting tossed and tearing his ACL. In many peoples eyes in this forum, they do not put it on the umpire. Maybe most Pads fans but not most people.

MLB ERA

love_that_reefer;314265]Sorry but that's not how it happen. The umpires met as a group on the fieldas was reported on Baseball Tonight and ESPN radio with Mike and Mike. It wasn't just one guy and never did home plate umpire tell who said what since it wasn't just Winters who said something.
    I was there.......I know what happened........we watched the entire thing unfold.......from the second he K'd in the 5th Winters had it in for him..........

Never did I say the homeplate umpire said who told him, I said he told MB the crew informed him which is 100% accurate.....it was clear who it was anyway. Winters, when talking with the HP Ump used his arms over and over to try and describe MB's bat throwing actions, the HP ump didn't need to tell anyone who it was, as anyone who was watching the game knew.

Bradley then came to ask the first base umpire for no reason. It was a dead issue and nothing came of it until Bradley said something.
    This is where you go the wrong direction. It wasn't a dead issue, the HP umpire had JUST asked MB if he'd thrown his bat at him........how can you suggest it was a dead issue......you're dead wrong again
    I am 100% positive Bradley was not so nice in his inquiry into the problem.
    Meacham said otherwise, I think we'll all believe him and not someone that wasn't there but likely getting stoned.

Nonetheless the umpire was in the wrong for keeping things going like it did. Bradley is alos at fault. To put this near 100% on the umpire is absolutely ridiculous. Umpires are not supposed to show up players especially when they are arguing and I didn't see any of that. Winters kept his hands on his knees and held his position. He kept mouthing off which is wrong and nobody has said otherwise. To the extent of what he said we don't know for sure to say "there's the event". I highly doubt there were any racial bombs. Like I said Helton is the only one without an objective that can help this matter and he will soon.
    So you can't lose your cool with your hands on your knees now ? You can't taunt with your hands on your knees ? Give it a rest, you're way off on this, and should quit while it's obvious that you're wrong again.

Bradley is to blame for bringing up a dead issue and keeping things going after he was told to quit or he was getting tossed. He is also to blame for going after the umpire who wasn't having anything to do with Meachum or Bradley and was turning his head and not mouthing off.
    Oh man you're bordering on insane.......that umpire never stopped popping off, and the simple fact that Meacham was getting in his face about what was said should be more than enough for anyone to stop and realize who was the antagonist.......

The umpire is to blame for keeping the argument going and not being a professional.
    Here ends the discussion, you should have written this first

To say the umpire is near 100% to blame is just not true. Both share balme and Bradley more so for the way he acted which resulted in him getting tossed and tearing his ACL. In many peoples eyes in this forum, they do not put it on the umpire. Maybe most Pads fans but not most people.
    Nobody has said anyone is 100% at fault for the injury, but as far as the instigation goes, Winters was in the wrong.

Cause = Winters talking shit, and calling MB a Fucking piece of shit
    Effect = Meacham goes after the ump, and MB finally goes nuts and blows out his knee

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

1. I have a very hard time believing you were there since you failed to mention it before which is a pretty important factor. I believe guys who have to get their facts straight such as journalists and reporters.

2. Yes it was a dead issue. The home plate umpire did what he felt was right by asking Bradley instead of taking ALL of the umpires word for it. After that, is it a dead issue. Bradley had no reason to ask the first plate umpire. Bradley was looking for something and apparently got it. If it wasn't the first base umpire, he would have gone and asked the umpire behind second base. So no I am not wrong.

3. You weren't there or even if you were which you weren't, you wouldn't have been able to hear a damn thing. Meachum has a biased opinion, Helton doesn't.

4. I said he ran his mouth but never once did he SHOW him up. Huge difference if you knew baseball. You don't think batters and home plate umpires talk shit at the plate? If you do, you are dead ass wrong.

5. Bradley kept it going to and the umpire said to stop but he didn't.

6. I have said it repeatedly. Both are in the wrong for the last time!!

7. Cause= MB asking a question looking for a fight. There is no other way to look at it. It was a non-issue but Bradley made it one along with Winters. If Bradley keeps his mouth shut, he would be out there playing tonight. No one knows what anyone said for sure for the last time, especially someone who claims they were there. You might have been there like you said but it's just funny you failed to mention that at any point. Therefore I can't believe you. I am going with the word of ESPN. They seem to have their facts straight.

Insane=taking up for Bradley who deserted the team when they needed him the most.

MLB ERA

LF lower box, 126, row 1, seats 10-13...........my season tixs are for Sunday/Weds......we traded just about all our Weds night games in since it's a tough night with our almost 2 year old, for every Sunday home game........whether you believe that or not is all you........I can't do anything else for you on that........

Who said I heard them
    Winters was the one looking for something more with MB, and he got it, now MB is in a position to sue for millions if he's not compensated. While Winters should never see a ML field again except from the stands

Running your mouth, and continuing to verbally taunt IS A FORM OF SHOWING SOMEONE UP..........my god man......whats wrong with you ?

#7 is just laughable, and not worth a response greater than this......

You're dead wrong on this issue, and I'm done dealing with you on it.........you lose.......

-Thread Ended-

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Like I said, you would have brought it up sooner if true. You have to see it from my point of view. If it took me two days to bring up something like that, you wouldn't believe me.

LOLOLOL at a lawsuit!!!

Winters didn't move a thing except his mouth so no he did not SHOW him up. 98% of the fans didn't know what was going on and no one at home did either until Meachum and Bradley blew up. The commentators for the game didn't even know what was going on.

I lose because you say so?? If MB doesn't ask anything, there is no issue. If Bradley keeps his cool, there is no issue. Bradley was looking for a fight and got one. No other reason to talk to the umpire in that situation. It was a dead issue. If something were to happen, it would have happened between the home plate umpire and Bradley. It didn't so that should have been it. Did the umpire say anything to Bradley before Bradley said something? NO!! How you can deny this is amazing but isn't at the same time.

I love how I am wrong when I say both are at fault but you are right by claiming it is all on the umpire.

Facts- Bradley said something first when he didn't have to. Bradley didn't stop when asked and lost his cool. The umpire acted unprofessionally. Bradley chose himself over the team. Bradley is out for the year.

Please keep denying these simple facts. It makes me look good.

Pads will repost in 3....2.....1 even though he is done with this

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Please learn to read. This shit gets old after a while. I mean it really ****ing does!

Bradley started this shit when he went up to the umpire over a dead issue. Bradley could have let it go and gone on his way and have been happy with his single. Instead he starting shit with the umpire and the umpire went back at him. If you could read where I said they were both in the wrong, that's exactly what I meant. To answer your last question, that's obvious. Yes the joke is on him!! When the umpire says if you keep it up you're out of here and Bradley goes after him physically thus hurting his knee then yes the joke is on him if you care to call it a joke. This should have never happened but hot head Bradley couldn't let the smallest thing go. Both were wrong but Bradley has only himself to blame.
    So he started the shit by going to the umpire after the umpire continued trash talking him.....and Robert Meachem reacted first
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Winters didn't move a thing except his mouth so no he did not SHOW him up. 98% of the fans didn't know what was going on and no one at home did either until Meachum and Bradley blew up. The commentators for the game didn't even know what was going on.
    Of course they didn't know what was going on, Winters wasn't wearing a microphone.

But I think it's painfully obvious what was going on when the normally level headed Meachem exploded before Milton did.

But yeah, trash talking by an umpire is ok, this is all on Milton Bradley.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Nope! Read the first line again. If Bradley doesn't say a word over the non/dead issue, none of this happens. Back and forth was the trash talking. Watch the video. It's pretty simple. Bradley doesn't go looking for a fight, Bradley would be playing tonight!!! Meachum did not react first!! Bradley did when he called timeout!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Of course they didn't know what was going on, Winters wasn't wearing a microphone.

But I think it's painfully obvious what was going on when the normally level headed Meachem exploded before Milton did.

But yeah, trash talking by an umpire is ok, this is all on Milton Bradley.
    CAN YOU ****ING READ??? I HAVE NEVER SAID IT WAS OK FOR THE UMPIRE TO SAY ANYTHING YOU IDIOT! THIS IS GETTING OLD! EITHER READ WHAT WAS WRITTEN OR DO NOT RESPOND! THEY ARE BOTH TO BLAME! DID YOU GET THAT?
    Last edited by HollywoodLeo; 09-26-2007 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Please don't take baseball debate so personally. It's just a message board. - Leo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast