Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Traitor Bochy chooses Gnats

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    That's my biggest beef........not that Bochy took on another job, for more money......that it was to our division rivals, and his rival as a player.....and that he took Flannery another lifetime rival of that team with him....
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    Traitor Flannery as well ?? lol..........

2007 San Francisco 1984 Padres
    With Flannery more than the traitor angle, is the reflection it gives as to why his coaching tenure was up when it was and what was going on back then. For him to join Bochy with a division rival speaks volumes to me. These are two guys who have roots with the Padres organization. Who else from previous staff will be joining them that were victims of crappy management?

I mean come on look, we all know that the Pads front office sucks and probably always will and it doesn't have the greatest track record. People have their breaking points and it seems to me that these two broke and said it's been real guys and are off to try it again somewhere else.
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat
    I mean come on look, we all know that the Pads front office sucks and probably always will
    Don't be putting words in my mouth by stating "we all know..."

I happen to be one that disagrees with that viewpoint.

I'd venture to guess Flannery going to San Fran has more to do with him being friends with Bochy than it does with some sort of statement of how crappy the management supposedly is.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    I disagree 100% also........I would suggest that this FO is the strongest FO this organization has ever had, with the clearest idea about the teams identity, and future......

The Padres past FO's have been a mess dating back to the 70's no question about it......This FO is far from what we're used too, and to judge this FO, which is bascially brand new, and given the fact that we've just won back to back NLWest pennants with the products they acquired, in some brilliant trades, to me, it's just fools talk....

MLB ERA

Padres

Well we all have our opinions......

I'll tell ya what though......the Pads only won the division this season by a stroke of luck. As usual it went down to the last game of the season and if it hadn't been for a crappy ump call and a very emotional AZ team, they would have lost the division. Sure, they would have still been the wild card, but a lot of good a playoff berth did anyone once again, just to go there and roll over like a bunch of inexperienced losers.

Don't get me wrong, as a 38 year fan, we'll take what we can get. It would just be nice to see them play in the big games like their hearts are really into it. They may have won two division titles in a row, but for the most part during the last two seasons they have played too inconsistent to compete and be successful with some of the other consistent teams. Hell, some teams in the Little League WS played with more consistency and even looked better than the Pads did. Apparently, choking in the big games is the one consistency fans can count on.

Save your snappy come backs and newby enthusiasm. After 38 years of nearly constant disappointment when it comes to the big games with this team and with San Diego teams in general, unless you've been there you'll never understand from the depths of where these emotions come from.
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    Well we all have our opinions......

I'll tell ya what though......the Pads only won the division this season by a stroke of luck. As usual it went down to the last game of the season and if it hadn't been for a crappy ump call and a very emotional AZ team, they would have lost the division.

You'll NEVER be happy with the Padres if you attribute anytime they win to "luck"

The WON the division, give them some credit.

The Cardinals won the division in the last game, did they get "lucky" as well?

Sure, they would have still been the wild card, but a lot of good a playoff berth did anyone once again, just to go there and roll over like a bunch of inexperienced losers.

They lost in the playoffs. That's not a great thing, but there comes a point when you should direct your venom elsewhere other than management...and when the team's in the playoff hunt anually, that point has been reached.

Don't get me wrong, as a 38 year fan, we'll take what we can get.

I won't. I want the World Series and nothing less. I just prefer to aim my venom where it's needed.

They may have won two division titles in a row, but for the most part during the last two seasons they have played too inconsistent to compete and be successful with some of the other consistent teams.

Quick. Name me the last time the Padres won the NL West two years in a row.

Hell, some teams in the Little League WS played with more consistency and even looked better than the Pads did. Apparently, choking in the big games is the one consistency fans can count on.

It's a 162 game season, nobody, except for rare occasions of very dominant teams, is going to be consistantly good.

Even this year's World Series champs looked like the worst team in baseball for 2 weeks near the end.

Save your snappy come backs and newby enthusiasm. After 38 years of nearly constant disappointment when it comes to the big games with this team and with San Diego teams in general, unless you've been there you'll never understand from the depths of where these emotions come from.
    So i'm not allowed to have an opinion on the team and management until i've been rooting for them for 38 years?

You think I haven't been watching this team when they were at their worst in 1992?

You think I wasn't cursing up a storm at management when they were trading off everything the team had to the lowest bidder?

You think I was pleased in 1999-2003?

Please get off of your high horse. Being younger than you does not deny me the right of having an opinion of the team and an assessment of how well Padres management is or isn't doing.

Why do a lot of you still not understand that Bochy is not a "traitor", and that he was basically kicked out of the organization? Would you want to stay on a team that told you they would NOT be welcoming you back the next season after 11 years of services?

The writing was on the wall, luckily Boch can read.

MLB ERA
    I don't think i've read anywhere that said they would not welcome him back next season.

All I read was that they did not want to give him an extension just yet.

Similar "writing" was on the perverbial wall last offseason with Kevin Towers....he's still here.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    I don't think i've read anywhere that said they would not welcome him back next season.

All I read was that they did not want to give him an extension just yet.

Similar "writing" was on the perverbial wall last offseason with Kevin Towers....he's still here.
    They made it clear that they would not give him a contract extension or resign him at all after the 2007 season; look at the Moores and Alderson quotes listed at the SOSD boards.

MLB ERA
    I think that if they wanted Bochy gone they would've fired him long before he had a chance to get a better offer elsewhere.

What would be the point of keeping him if they don't want him and putting up a pointless facade to "ensure he leaves" by allowing him to talk to other teams if that was the mindset the entire time?

It's simply a matter of not wanting to extend him just to keep him aboard.

MLB ERA
    If you want to blame our FO for the way this team won the division, I think you're crossing up your wires..........If you want to blame this FO for the way the team played, or didn't in the post season, then I think you have a hardon for casting blame where it doesn't belong.........

As for thinking Bochy got run out of town......This simply isn't true, and thinking it is isn't very smart. He had a year left on his CONTRACT, he chose to leave San Diego. Why should Alderson renegotiate a contract he doesn't have too ? Who the hell said this is how business is done ? Do any of you know the SA way of business ? KT had the same scenario facing him last year, and was allowed to entertain teams, and he came back, and wow he's still with the club..........AMAZING !!!

SA also said in a few times that he would be more likely to give a manager a contract extension around the ASB of the season in which his current contract was up, if he intended to bring him back......but not with a full year left on the current deal........that makes no sense at all.......why can't some of you understand this simple business.......good god.....

MLB ERA

Padres

How stupid are some of you ?
    A little harsh isn't it? Just because someone has a different view? I thought you were better than this padrefan, I haven't seen you act this way before.

MLB ERA
    Sorry having a shit day......taking it out on you guys......that wasn't right......my bad.......

I retract that to..........."how insane are some of you?"

There I adjusted it to be a little less insulting.......sorry

If you want to blame our FO for the way this team won the division, I think you're crossing up your wires..........If you want to blame this FO for the way the team played, or didn't in the post season, then I think you have a hardon for casting blame where it doesn't belong.........

As for thinking Bochy got run out of town......This simply isn't true, and thinking it is isn't very smart. He had a year left on his CONTRACT, he chose to leave San Diego. Why should Alderson renegotiate a contract he doesn't have too ? Who the hell said this is how business is done ? Do any of you know the SA way of business ? KT had the same scenario facing him last year, and was allowed to entertain teams, and he came back, and wow he's still with the club..........AMAZING !!!

SA also said in a few times that he would be more likely to give a manager a contract extension around the ASB of the season in which his current contract was up, if he intended to bring him back......but not with a full year left on the current deal........that makes no sense at all.......why can't some of you understand this simple business.......good god.....
    You, sir, should not insult anyone's intelligence before understanding the real string of events, or at least before comprehending what the other is even saying in the first place.

A: Yes, Bochy had one year left.

B: The FO AND Ownership both made it clear to Bochy that his chacnes of returning after the 2007 season, if he chose to stay, were slim to none either way.

1+1=2. I guess you and leo do not read the paers or lsiten to 1090 very often, ebcause it has already been addressed a million times through and through, and it has been established that Bochy was no longer wanted. This does NOT make Bochy a traitor in any way. WOuld you want to stay somewhere when your boss explains to you "Youc an go look for somewhere else to play, becaue we won't renew your contract this year OR next year", after coaching this team for over a decade?

I won't respond to anything else after this; I have faith that you're very capable of understanding this.

MLB ERA
    I won't respond to anything else after this; I have faith that you're very capable of understanding this.
    Then by not responding I'll take it as you finally came around to seeing the light....

Quote Originally Posted by OBBoltsFan
    You, sir, should not insult anyone's intelligence before understanding the real string of events, or at least before comprehending what the other is even saying in the first place.
    Oh I'm coming to the realization that I may understand the events that transpired better than some. And I made the change to my rude comment and appologized.........don't make me go back and fix it again just for you.

A: Yes, Bochy had one year left.

B: The FO AND Ownership both made it clear to Bochy that his chacnes of returning after the 2007 season, if he chose to stay, were slim to none either way.

1+1=2. I guess you and leo do not read the paers or lsiten to 1090 very often, ebcause it has already been addressed a million times through and through, and it has been established that Bochy was no longer wanted. This does NOT make Bochy a traitor in any way. WOuld you want to stay somewhere when your boss explains to you "Youc an go look for somewhere else to play, becaue we won't renew your contract this year OR next year", after coaching this team for over a decade?
    Bochy had a year left, SA treated him just like he treats all of his employees. He respected him enough and gave him the opportunity to see what was out there, just like he did for KT. If YOU listened to 1090 and read the papers and could read between the lines you'd understand that SA didn't want Bochy to leave, but was not about to bendover and take it in the A$$ when he didn't need to. SA said on 1090,on more than one occasion, that he would like to see Bochy back, and would likely have offered Bochy a contract by the ASB in '07 ....along with many other things........

Assuming, which is what you're doing, that he was run out of town while he had one year left on his contract is just assinine. If this was the end of '07, and Bochy was without a contract extension or new contract, and he was forced to leave to find a new start.......then yes that would be run out of town........HE STILL HAD A YEAR LEFT ON HIS DEAL..........WTF IS SO DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THIS ?

Guess what........if Grady Fusion or any of SA's underlings were being looked at by clubs, do you know what SA would tell him.......GO TAKE A LOOK.......It's how SA operates, and if you had listened to his interviews, you would know this......and it's not going to change....

UGH !!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast