Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Traitor Bochy chooses Gnats

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    No the Padres were not a better team and the playoffs somehow proved that. Cards>Padres, Mets, Tigers!

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I agree....that's the funny thing about a series......it's not a fluke who wins.......any team can win 1 game, but the better teams will almost always win the series....and when Eck and Edmonds came back, they were the better team.......which is why we watched the WS on TV
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by OBBoltsFan
    I don't care what they did, we are a better team than St. Louis and should have won.
    I guess the Mets and Tigers just suck as well.

They should both overhaul their management teams!
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Mets yes.........Tigers no

Mets are just another store bought NY team that failed to buy into the WS....bla bla bla......same ole story differnet side of their city.....I for one am glad StL beat them like a drum

MLB ERA
    Traitor Flannery as well ?? lol..........

2007 San Francisco 1984 Padres

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    I guess the Mets and Tigers just suck as well.

They should both overhaul their management teams!
    No, they succeeded in at least one series without underperforming; we didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    Traitor Flannery as well ?? lol..........

2007 San Francisco 1984 Padres
    I hate Flannery more than anyone that's been associated with the Padres managerial staff in the past decade. I have no idea why anyone would care that he's no longer an annoyance.

MLB ERA
    You are a very bitter person.......at least you come across that way in every post you make.....do you realize this ? I enjoy reading your thoughts but the venom just drips from your fangs at times......

Of course you're entitled to who you like and dislike, but what's wrong with Flannery.....he was a great Padre in the 80's, the essense of hustle that our current ballclub could learn from, a decent base coach for us, and worked in our media booth.....whats not to like about him......he's a loyal lifetime Padre, until this move.....

MLB ERA
    No, they succeeded in at least one series without underperforming; we didn't.

If you underperform during crunch time you're not the better team.....it's pretty simple......the cream rises to the top, stars shine with the game on the line.....choose your cliche......funny thing about them is that they are all pretty much true.....

St Louis showed up, we didn't......we were NOT the better team when it mattered, and thats all that matters......

If you underperform during crunch time you're not the better team.....
    Hence the reason bochy is no longer our manager.

You are a very bitter person.......at least you come across that way in every post you make.....do you realize this ? I enjoy reading your thoughts but the venom just drips from your fangs at times......

Of course you're entitled to who you like and dislike, but what's wrong with Flannery.....he was a great Padre in the 80's, the essense of hustle that our current ballclub could learn from, a decent base coach for us, and worked in our media booth.....whats not to like about him......he's a loyal lifetime Padre, until this move.....
    I apologize for offending anyone with my negativity, but I don't think I am generally a bitter or engative person. it just seems that I get more excited about negative things, or at least more passionate, than I do positive things, though make no doubt about it, I am also very exaggerative with my likings as well.

As for Flannery, I hate him and his damn guitar and melodramatic voice and his shitty broadcasting and his whole fake "San Diego guy" demeanor of being a retarded surfer and I always thought he was a horrible base coach. Oh yeah, and he was a shitty player too.

I am so happy Flannery is gone, I really am. That's the best offseason move thus far, even better than losing Bochy, and goddamnit I'm excited.

MLB ERA
    LOL.....I don't think you offend anyone.....I was just curious if you were aware of how you came off in the majority of your posts.....

I get it.......passion is great, excitement is great, I can be the same way as well I guess.....

I like Flannery as a role player on the teams in the 80's, and I liked his straight forward, no BS talk about the team and it's shortcomings, but I do get your annoyance with him as a person.....I don't really get his "San Diego guy" thing either...it comes across as fake, even though I know personally it's not....that's just him.....I've met him many times outside the sports world, and he's just a down to earth, easy going, layed back guy......keep in mind he's from the backside of the hippy generation, and flip-flops, sunglasses, surfing and guitar playing is pretty much what they where about around here......He's been lucky enough to maintain that part of his lifestyle, and quite frankly I'm envious of him from that perspective

MLB ERA
    The Padres did better than 22 other major league teams two years in a row.

One could argue that they did better than 24 other teams this year since they actually won a game in their division series.

Am I saying the season was a complete success and couldn't have been better? of course not.

But to insinuate that management has sucked the past four years is a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    But to insinuate that management has sucked the past four years is a bit much.
    It certainly hasn't sucked, but it also certainly hasn't done much for us other than some quick playoff outs. I think we all conveniently forget about the big dissapointment that was 2004 in which I would argue that Bochy did indeed manage horribly.

We need a change, and I'm happy Sandy agrees.

MLB ERA
    It certainly hasn't sucked, but it also certainly hasn't done much for us other than some quick playoff outs. I think we all conveniently forget about the big dissapointment that was 2004 in which I would argue that Bochy did indeed manage horribly.

We need a change, and I'm happy Sandy agrees.
    2004 they were still in the playoff hunt till late September.

Bruce Bochy has been given a playoff caliber team 6 times in his tenure as Padres manager.

He has made the playoffs in 4 of those seasons, almost 5.

MLB ERA
    That being said, A change can still be good, if nothing else but for the sake of making a change.

But I'm still sore Bochy went to a division rival.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast