Thread: S3SL 2017 Round 2 FA Signings

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I'm not having ANY luck right now.

This is unbelievable.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HafDawg2003
    This is why I didn't like the super free agents. I knew that people would overspend, and that the rich would only get richer. The teams with reckless regard for their futures would be able to restock with deep pockets with late 20s or early 30s talent.

Not a big fan. Not a big fan at all.
    he crippled himself financially for the next 6 years for a guy whos gonna hit 10 homers a year tops. i wouldnt worry about it too much.

not to say whether i agree or disagree with it, im not one to talk about overpaying... just saying.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    and besides... when all is said and done, theres gonna be 4 genuinely horrible contracts handed out.... agosto, ramirez, pena jr and gonzales. 4 is not that much more than the usual numbers of bad contracts handed out, considering every year theres at least 2.

besides, free agency played more like real life... and guys are gonna have to get paid on teh teams that hand out these contracts. so when its time for homegrown talent to get paid, the teams that hand out shitty contracts, will be punished by not being able to reup one or two of their own. and thusly... more talent will hit free agency in future years.

Yay, I got a glorified reliever and a decent starter/reliever.

Now to get a 1Bman...
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    But top knotch pitchers I expect a bit of overpayment... they can make or break a team... a 3 star C or a 2.5 star OF or a 2.5 star 3B is not going to make a team.... so 8 figures per year is still shocking to me for those types of things....

Hell.. I thought offereing over 7 MIL for Pena was overpaying... but unless it is a Huber-esque offensive guy or a 4+ star pitcher... you'll not see me offer 8 figures
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

Rookie ERA
    Wily Mo Pena can go **** himself. I'm not that desperate for him.
    S3SL: Cincinnati Reds GM 2014-present
    TSSL: Oakland A's GM 2006-present
    TPSL: San Francisco Baseball Giants 2007-present

I'm well into eight figures for Agosto, but no one else in this pool got eight digits from me and the only guy I'd probably do it for is Jorge.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    "a 3 star C or a 2.5 star OF or a 2.5 star 3B is not going to make a team.... so 8 figures per year is still shocking to me for those types of things...."

thats realistic too though. teams get a little nervous, and feel like they have to overspend to bring in talent. and usually the next season after they dont pan out, theyre on the block to be dealt. it happens here, it happens there [mlb].

im a notorious overspender, and im not shy about admitting so... but pena jr and gonzales were even deep for my pockets... i had 5x6 and 4x8 to them respectively, and thought both offers were more than fair.

AAA ERA
    Thats a lotto dough for sure.
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ
    Pittsburgh Pirates Detroit Tigers St. Louis Cardinals

2012 B/S Keeper League Champ - Boston Terror

I didn't offer on Gonzales, but I may have been able to so a 3x9 or 4x8 for him. For Pena Jr., I lowballed (a bit) on a 5x5.1, would have gone 5x6 and maybe a bit more.

And for what I said on the 10 million, I don't count 1 year deals. Add guys like Torres in for 10 mil on one year.

However, the "3.0 SS for 10 mil" is kind of realistic. The Sox did it for Renteria (based on his 2004, that's what he was IRL), for instance.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Pena is only 25 and plays multiple positions, who's to say he doesn't have a talent boom in power? It's a lot of money for a catcher, but he's young and quality C's are dying.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ah, well, I hope Torres can last a season. Now I just need one more piece.
    I would have really liked to bring back Belisle, got beat by a million.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    I can tell that General offered all of his available money in FA, and threw whatever he had left at Jenks. It's nice to know that he can't offer more than 5.5 to anyone now.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    1st of all, Pena isnt playing catcher. He will play 3B for me. 2nd of all, hes not there to hit HRs, if he performs to his high contact/gap ratings which flourish in Arizona, hes worth the 11 Million dollars. I dont see people giving a 21 yr old MR 4 Million a season a hard time. I have the wiggle room to make the deal.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

That deal sucked too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast