Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wang to the DL

AAA ERA

Yankees Wang to the DL

This isn't good news, according to WFAN radio he is headed to the DL. I don't have a link, will post more info as I find it.

AAA ERA
    Shoulder inflammation, on the 15 DL but rumors are he could be out for the year which would be disastrous.

Tim Redding called up.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

*Gulp* Not good.

MLB ERA
    His shoulder? Was he overworked?
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

He threw 110 pitches in his last outing. That is the only time I can remember his pitch count getting up over 100. He has had shoulder trouble before in his career. I believe he missed the entire 2003 season because of it. We'll see how things go. In about a month we should have Brown, Pavano, and Wright back. The Yanks will have to take it one day at a time.

Hopefully we have someone to make starts for now. In a month we could be in some trouble.

In a month, Brown, Wright and Pavano will all be back.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Brown and Wright have been ineffective at best. Pavano has reverted back to pre-Marlins forum. Id be damn worried if Wang is out.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

I am pretty sure that Wright, Brown, and Pavano will not be effective against anyone else.

I love posts like that. It is not like we need people to throw 7-8 innings of shutout baseball to stay in the game. There is usually room for error.

It would be nice to get Wang back but the Yankees will weather this storm like anyone else does and will be fine.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    They cant even get quality starts right now. Im not expecting 7-8 innings of shutout ball. But dammit, they needs more than just 5 IPS allowing 5 ERs.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

With todays win the Yankees are 1.5 games back and just 1 in the loss column.

Thanks for your concern. I am sure we will be fine.

Rookie ERA
    The differece is wang has always been consistent and always kept us in the game. Wright, brown and pavano have struggled and have cost us some games. This is bad news and it makes it tougher on us.

I won't argue that there is cause for concern but just because a guy allows 7 earned runs in 3 innings to Tampa Bay, doesn't mean he will get shelled every outing. That was Randy Johnson.

The A.L. has about a half dozen teams that have 9 hitters int heir lineup that do not provide a pitcher any breathers. If you don't bring your stuff it will be a short outing. That is fact.

Another fact is that Brown and Wright are veterans. Brown has mental toughness to rise up to challenges(excluding game 7 last year). It could be worse, we will see what happens. I don't believe the sky is falling just yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast