Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dealing Sheffield

AAA ERA

Dealing Sheffield

By now you've probably read it in the Post, or heard it on the radio, or maybe watched it on ESPNFL. So what do you guys think? Are the Yankees going to be sellers this summer?

Not a chance in hades that the Yankees deal one of their stars unless they get a treasure chest full of whatever they need. Gary puts up MVP type numbers...I don't see it.

We are not exactly deep in the OF, so I also think this is a ridiculous notion.

No way this happens. The Boss loves Sheffield. Simple as that.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    No way this happens. The Boss loves Sheffield. Simple as that.
    That says it all, i wouldnt mind dealing him if we recieved some very good prospects in return. However sheff doesnt want to go, the boss doesnt want any young players. And the boss also loves sheffield since sheffield's from tampa.

AAA ERA
    I think I'd do it, I don't want to lose Sheff especially this year but we'd get a good defensive OF w/ some pop and a good prospect while saving some money and getting younger. We'd still be able to compete this year and get better for the future.

As Yankees, the future is now. That is what the "braintrust" thinks. Sheff would never go for prospects.

We can shore up CF this winter. What do we need to go over the top and win it all?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Never happen. Poor excuse for journalism in New York yet again.

It's the Post. No one takes them seriously.

I lost respect for ESPN bringing it up.

AAA ERA
    If you guys do n ot believe there was any truth to these reports then you are being naive. These reports aren't just made up, my guess is the Mets floated this out there but i wioll bet anything they discussed this trade.

MLB ERA
    Well, the reported offer of Mike Cameron and change for Sheffield was foolish by itself. The polish is well off Mike by now. As far as offense is concerned, the Yankees would be much better off patching the big holes in the lineup, like Tony Womack (he's very fast), Tino Martinez, Bernie Williams, and whoever is the DH.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Saber, what exactly is your team?

I am sure like any decent used car salesman, a GM even Brian Cashman will "talk" to anyone and hear any offers no matter how ridiculous.

I feel that this is being reported as if there was just a tad not enough frosting for the cake to seal the deal. I also feel personally that we would be stupid to deal Sheffield.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    If you guys do n ot believe there was any truth to these reports then you are being naive. These reports aren't just made up, my guess is the Mets floated this out there but i wioll bet anything they discussed this trade.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    nyjunc, you are ther one being naive. Columnist make up crap all the time and why? To sell papers. Not even Cashman is dumb enough to propose this trade.

Honestly...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast