Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Centerfield

MLB ERA

Re: Centerfield

I sure as hell hope they don't give up Coke, he's gonna be a huge plus for the pen
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    Karstens is on the Pirates, that might be tough.
    I keep forgetting that! Insert random pitching prospect in his place

MLB ERA

The Yankee bullpen at least has decency in depth. The rotation has 3 strong starters(but AJ won't make 30 starts), Joba will only make 25 starts. Right now, Hughes is your 5 starter. Even you have said that is not what you want. RIGHT NOW, it's a hole, because that "TO BE NAMED"....HAS YET TO BE NAMED, BECAUSE HE'S NOT ON THE TEAM!
    I agree. But it's not a big hole. There's plenty of time to figure it out, and it doesn't need to be someone incredible. Just around a 4.5 ERA, nothing stellar
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    I sure as hell hope they don't give up Coke, he's gonna be a huge plus for the pen
    Exactly. The pen has guys in place with upside. The rotation doesn't have enough people in place yet.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I keep forgetting that! Insert random pitching prospect in his place
    I guess if the Yanks were willing to throw a couple prospects their way, they could get Meche. I think the attraction to Pettite is the NY experience and the playoff experience, but I mean, regular season, Meche would be a good choice.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    I agree. But it's not a big hole. There's plenty of time to figure it out, and it doesn't need to be someone incredible. Just around a 4.5 ERA, nothing stellar
    I didn't say it was a BIG hole. I said it was bigger than the bullpen hole. To me the bullpen is solid as is. The rotation needs an addition. Hence, bigGER.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I guess if the Yanks were willing to throw a couple prospects their way, they could get Meche. I think the attraction to Pettite is the NY experience and the playoff experience, but I mean, regular season, Meche would be a good choice.
    The more I look at it, the more I don't like it. I thought Meche was only under contract for two more years and not three. Three years will block guys like Hughes and Kennedy. Sabathia, Wang, Burnett, Meche, Joba would have looked good though.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    The more I look at it, the more I don't like it. I thought Meche was only under contract for two more years and not three. Three years will block guys like Hughes and Kennedy. Sabathia, Wang, Burnett, Meche, Joba would have looked good though.
    That's assuming Hughes and Kennedy don't get traded. I don't think they will, but it's always a possibility, especially with the amount of times Kennedy's name has come up this offseason. But you're probably right, bringing in Meche for 3 years probably wouldn't be good for the Yanks. Unless they feel like moving Meche to the pen once Hughes and Kennedy are ready?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234