Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Yankees are botching everything after the CC signing

MLB ERA

Yankees The Yankees are botching everything after the CC signing

I can't believe what I'm seeing. The Yankees, after signing CC, are going on a blind money-flailing rage. It's mind-boggling. Here's a summary of some of the things that are infuriating me:

1. They're offering AJ Burnett 5 years, $80 mil +. WTF get away from this RIGHT NOW. Clearly they haven't learned anything from the Carl Pavano debacle. ANYTHING. The only justification for signing him would be to then get Ben Sheets as the last spot in the rotation for cheaper, which brings me to my next poing...

2. They're giving up on Ben Sheets. This man is DIRTY when he's healthy, and they only offered him 2 years, which is a perfect, risk-free deal. Give this guy a chance!!! He started 31 games last year, had a 3.01 ERA, and STARTED THE ALL-STAR GAME!! This is the guy they should be going after.

3. They are trading Melky and possibly Ian Kennedy for Mike Cameron and Bill Hall. WTFFFFF. Melky is not as good as everyone originally thought, but give the guy a chance! Cameron hit .243 last year with 25 homers and 70 RBI's. Why is this guy going to be our starting CF'er??? And they're using up their perfect trading chip on a Bill Hall, who would be their backup infielder and who hit .225 last year with a .296 OBP!!!!! THAT IS SO RIDICULOUS!!! Save Ian Kennedy for a valuable guy like Rick Ankiel PLEASE.

4. They're straying from Derek Lowe. This is a guy who, while older and not as proven as Burnett in the AL East, is a much better option at 4 years than is Burnett at 5 years.

PLEASE YANKEES, hear my plea. Give up your ridiculous spending on guys who are either going to break down halfway through contracts, or who I KNOW will be absolute busts. Please. If ANYTHING, get back into the Mark Teixeira sweepstakes, and keep him from the Red Sox. But don't spend $80+ mil on AJ Burnett. PLEASE. I beg you...
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: The Yankees are botching everything after the CC signing

They're not going to trade for Hall, and the Cabrera for Cameron deal would be very good. Cameron is a great defender and a better hitter, especially vs left handers, not to mention he's fast friends with CC. And I love Melky too but he sucks, let's be honest.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

There are so many better options at CF than Cameron. And I'm not ready to give up on Melky. And how can you say he'll be a better hitter when he hit .243 last year.

MLB ERA

You know who'll be a better option than Cameron? Austin Jackson. And that's what this is...a one year rental until Jackson is ready. You wanna give up even more for Rick Ankiel?

MLB ERA

Yes. I would give up more for Ankiel. Because Ankiel has hit in the .260's and the .280's the last 2 seasons, where Cameron has hit in the .240's both those years. And he doesn't cost as much

MLB ERA

Ankiel will definitely cost more!! You think we're going to trade Melky Cabrera for Ankiel? Well you're living in a fantasy world then.

MLB ERA

Cost more as in salary wise

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    I can't believe what I'm seeing. The Yankees, after signing CC, are going on a blind money-flailing rage. It's mind-boggling. Here's a summary of some of the things that are infuriating me:

1. They're offering AJ Burnett 5 years, $80 mil +. WTF get away from this RIGHT NOW. Clearly they haven't learned anything from the Carl Pavano debacle. ANYTHING. The only justification for signing him would be to then get Ben Sheets as the last spot in the rotation for cheaper, which brings me to my next poing...

2. They're giving up on Ben Sheets. This man is DIRTY when he's healthy, and they only offered him 2 years, which is a perfect, risk-free deal. Give this guy a chance!!! He started 31 games last year, had a 3.01 ERA, and STARTED THE ALL-STAR GAME!! This is the guy they should be going after.

3. They are trading Melky and possibly Ian Kennedy for Mike Cameron and Bill Hall. WTFFFFF. Melky is not as good as everyone originally thought, but give the guy a chance! Cameron hit .243 last year with 25 homers and 70 RBI's. Why is this guy going to be our starting CF'er??? And they're using up their perfect trading chip on a Bill Hall, who would be their backup infielder and who hit .225 last year with a .296 OBP!!!!! THAT IS SO RIDICULOUS!!! Save Ian Kennedy for a valuable guy like Rick Ankiel PLEASE.

4. They're straying from Derek Lowe. This is a guy who, while older and not as proven as Burnett in the AL East, is a much better option at 4 years than is Burnett at 5 years.

PLEASE YANKEES, hear my plea. Give up your ridiculous spending on guys who are either going to break down halfway through contracts, or who I KNOW will be absolute busts. Please. If ANYTHING, get back into the Mark Teixeira sweepstakes, and keep him from the Red Sox. But don't spend $80+ mil on AJ Burnett. PLEASE. I beg you...
    1. 5 years is a lot...but if it was 4 years we wouldn't be clamoring at all...ideally, we wouldn't be pursuing Burnett or Sheets at all, simply because we should give Phil Hughes/Alfredo Aceves a shot at the rotation, and we would sign Lowe. CC/Wang/Joba/Lowe/Aceves or Hughes is what would be ideal.

2. Who even said Sheets would take two years? As far as I'm concerned, that offer is still on the table. Not like Sheets is worth all that money for a huge risk anyway...

3. I agree. I'm not ready to give up on Melky. At the very least he is a Gold Glove potential, and Mike Cameron would play out like Kenny Lofton in NY.

4. I saw nothing to say they were moving from Lowe...in fact, I saw the contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    They're not going to trade for Hall, and the Cabrera for Cameron deal would be very good. Cameron is a great defender and a better hitter, especially vs left handers, not to mention he's fast friends with CC. And I love Melky too but he sucks, let's be honest.
    He had one bad year.

So did Cano. Does Cano suck?
    There are so many better options at CF than Cameron. And I'm not ready to give up on Melky. And how can you say he'll be a better hitter when he hit .243 last year.
    We could sign Teix and either play Swisher there or play Nady there...

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    He had one bad year.

Cano has had good years. Not Melky.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    He had one bad year.

You know better than this.

In Melky's BEST season he sported a whopping 95 OPS+. In Cano's WORST season he had an 86. Let's not kid ourselves here. Melky is never going to be a great CF. Cano has a good chance to a be a great second baseman. You watch these guys every game. It's not even worthy of a comparison.

MLB ERA

Neither Swisher of Nady is a CF. The White Sox discovered that last season and Nady has only played 356 innings at the position, makiing 2 errors and having no assists.
    Cameron would be a much better option there than either of those guys, but then Melky would be as well. Someone has to hit 9th in the lineup.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cameron is far better than Cabrera. Look at Cameron's production compared to Cabrera's! Its not even close! Cabrera was sent to the freaking minors last year. Cameron can play GG defense and hit 20+ bombs and drive in runs in the bottom half of that Yankee lineup. There is nothing Cabrera can do that Cameron can't. The Yankees need an upgrade and they got one and its only for one year. Plenty of time for Jackson to be ready for '10.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Cameron is far better than Cabrera. Look at Cameron's production compared to Cabrera's! Its not even close! Cabrera was sent to the freaking minors last year. Cameron can play GG defense and hit 20+ bombs and drive in runs in the bottom half of that Yankee lineup. There is nothing Cabrera can do that Cameron can't. The Yankees need an upgrade and they got one and its only for one year. Plenty of time for Jackson to be ready for '10.
    Wow...I'm actually in complete and total agreement with you

MLB ERA

Cameron hit .243 last year and .242 the year before!!!

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Cameron hit .243 last year and .242 the year before!!!
    70+ RBI in 8 of the last 9 years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast