Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alex Rodriguez is god awful

MLB ERA

Re: Alex Rodriguez is god awful

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I would rather have Jose Molina at the plate in a big spot than ARod, that should tell you something.
    that's taking it just a bit too far i think...
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

There is too much Yankee bashing in this thread!!!

MLB ERA

yeah but we're actually real fans, so why don't you get the **** out of our ******* thread you ****ing whorebag ***** ass **** ****er!!!

STOP ADDING JUNK TO OUR THREAD AND GO BACK TO YOUR LITTLE GIANTS FORUM WHERE YOU CAN ***** AND COMPLAIN ALL YOU WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/hilariously sarcastic rant

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Priceless

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Most of his non-Yankee career has been spent on non-playoff teams. He is great w/o the pressure of having to win. hew played in 3 postseasons in 9 years prior to joining the Yankees(really 2 in 8 since he didn't play alot in 1995). Jeter has always played under the microscope of a pennant race. I would rather have Jose Molina at the plate in a big spot than ARod, that should tell you something. No man has been more responsible for sending us home early in October than ARod and he is the man most responsible for this non-playoff season. he just set a Yankee record for GIDPs in a month- think about the long history of the Yankees and now ARod has the most GIDPs in a single month and it came in a month nwhere we needed him to play at his best.

Again, I guarantee you he'll be great down the stretch in meaningless games.

Pre-Yanks ARod's playoff stats were better than Jeter's
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

No man has been more responsible for sending us home early in October than ARod and he is the man most responsible for this non-playoff season.

Yeah but you fail to realize that Starting Pitching has been average at best for the past couple of years. Thats the major reason why they go home early. So stop trying to have ARod as the scapegoat when he can't pitch.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    Yeah but you fail to realize that Starting Pitching has been average at best for the past couple of years. Thats the major reason why they go home early. So stop trying to have ARod as the scapegoat when he can't pitch.
    nyjunc may be, but i'm not saying it's ALL his fault. just pointing out how he's sucked recently. he is A scapegoat, not THE scapegoat. the pitching outside of moose has been equally as awful

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Maybe i'm just annoyed right now. But to give ARod that much grief when its been a team wide problem is just inane and barbaric

MLB ERA

It really isn't his fault.

Jeter had a ton of GIDP with RISP

If ARod's RISP #s aren't by far some of the worst on our team, then it shows you what kind of year our hitters are having.

And I don't blame the pitchers

Our Rotation should be:
    Joba Chamberlain
    Chien Ming Wang
    Mike Mussina
    Andy Pettite
    Phil Hughes

Our Rotation is:
    Mike Mussina
    Andy Pettite
    Sidney Ponson
    Darrell Rasner
    Carl Pavano

(And that's only because Kennedy sucked and Giese is hurt)

Think about it.

We'd have Rasner and Giese as decent MR too. It's injuries over "sucking" that I blame.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Id take the 2nd rotation over anyone after Felix.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    that's taking it just a bit too far i think...
    I'm not kidding.

Pre-Yanks ARod's playoff stats were better than Jeter's
    I know he had 2 hits(it may have been 3) w/ RISP as a Mariner in postseason, that's not good. I don't have time right now to go over their #s but I will soon. The only series ARod had more than 2 RBI in was the '00 ALCS against the yanks(of course, he hurt the Yanks then and still hurts us today).

The pitching has been good enough, if the bats could have put some pressure on the opponents it would have helped the pitchers out- that's how Boston won last year. Only Beckett was great fof them last year but w/ the other pitchers they got off to big leads and allowed thyeir pitchers to pitch w/o much pressure. ARod has ONE RBI in his last 16 postseason games, Daiskke Matsuzaka has TWO in 3 ABs!

Maybe i'm just annoyed right now. But to give ARod that much grief when its been a team wide problem is just inane and barbaric
    The man is making THIRTY MILLION DOLLARS a year, he's SUPPOSED to be the best player in baseball. He NEVER comes through when we need him, can you see why we are frustrated w/ him?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The pitching has been good enough, if the bats could have put some pressure on the opponents it would have helped the pitchers out- that's how Boston won last year. Only Beckett was great fof them last year but w/ the other pitchers they got off to big leads and allowed thyeir pitchers to pitch w/o much pressure. ARod has ONE RBI in his last 16 postseason games, Daiskke Matsuzaka has TWO in 3 ABs!

The man is making THIRTY MILLION DOLLARS a year, he's SUPPOSED to be the best player in baseball. He NEVER comes through when we need him, can you see why we are frustrated w/ him?

At least Boston had that stopper in Beckett to bail them out. Who on the Yanks staff can do that right now (not down the road, right now)? While I should have just as much hatred for the 30 million dollar deal as you. The Yanks need more than ARod to be the best player in baseball right now.

MLB ERA

I'm not kidding.
    you're retarded

MLB ERA

here's another stat: of ARod's 30 homers this season, 21 are solo homers and 18 came when the Yankees were leading or down by 4 or more runs

MLB ERA

Ouch.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast