Thread: I think we're almost done

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Yankees I think we're almost done

I hate to sound negative and to give up on this team, but...time is running out and players are running out quickly. I'm thinking worst-case scenario for Joba, leaving us wirh a rotation of Mussina, Pettitte, Ponson, Giese, and who the **** knows. That's a horrific bottom 3, even if Giese is pitching well. Boston is winning the division either way. The only chance we have is with our 6 games left against Tampa really. If we can't split with Texas or Anaheim, we're completely ****ed.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Re: I think we're almost done

I agree. Hence why I said the yankees will not make the playoffs in Prov's thread. I feel exactly the same way you do Brown. The front office not going out and getting a starter was a complete mistake. Even the top 2 of the rotation, Mussina and Pettitte, go out and get shat on every other start (example: tonight). It's really starting to look like it's over
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Who did you want them to get...

MLB ERA

Here's another interesting point, even if Joba is only going to miss one start. The Yankees were going to limit Hughes to 150-175 innings this year. Considering Joba wasn't even supposed to be a starter, let's assume he is going to be held to about 150. He is on pace right now(assuming he misses 1 start) to finish the year with about 145 innings. Meaning they would either have to let him go over what I'm GUESSING is the innings total they would have wanted, or they have to keep him out of the postseason...

MLB ERA

I really thought we had a shot in with Joba in the rotation but who knows about him now. Our chances are starting to get slimmer and slimmer. We aren't playing good baseball at all right now and it just looks like its going to get worse. Hopefully Joba can come back but you can't count on it. Maybe this off-season the front office will realize, damn, we can build the best lineup in baseball but shit, we can't win anything if we don't have a rotation and some depth to it. It makes me sick.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    Who did you want them to get...
    I don't freakin care, anybody would be better than the piece of shit rotation we have now. Go and take a shot at Livan, idk. I'm just fed up with the current rotation.

CC would have been nice, I don't understand why we weren't in the running for him. I'd give up some nice specs for him. He'll be around a while, and I'm sure the Yanks would have signed him long term. Heck they might still get him in free agency. But we sure as hell coulda used his 4 complete games in a row.

They could have tried to give a juicy offer for someone not necessarily on the market.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    Here's another interesting point, even if Joba is only going to miss one start. The Yankees were going to limit Hughes to 150-175 innings this year. Considering Joba wasn't even supposed to be a starter, let's assume he is going to be held to about 150. He is on pace right now(assuming he misses 1 start) to finish the year with about 145 innings. Meaning they would either have to let him go over what I'm GUESSING is the innings total they would have wanted, or they have to keep him out of the postseason...
    what's your point? they're not gonna keep him out of the postseason if they make it.

MLB ERA

But he dropped in the draft because many other teams saw his frame and his delivery as red flags for injuries. He hasn't thrown more than 80 innings in the past 4 years. Can he handle that?

MLB ERA

There's a first time for everything man. And anyways, who cares if he can handle it. It's the postseason. You start your best pitchers. That is if we even make it...

MLB ERA

Haha, you have a point, and its obvious that they'd start him....but especially if he's already having stiffness or soreness in his shoulder, you can't really push it.

MLB ERA

Bonn, did you want to get Johan Santana in the offseason?

MLB ERA

sure, what the hell. it woulda saved us now that's for sure

**** it i'm just pissed. ask me in a week. i'll have a clearer head

MLB ERA

Well, who didn't want to get Johan in the offseason? Everyone wanted him. Maybe not for the price the Twins originally demanded, but lets be real, the Mets didn't exactly give up the moon for him...

AAA ERA

We go on a nioce streak and people are talking WS, we struggle for a week and we'll miss the playoffs. It's still early, there's alot of baseball left. If Joba's injury ios a season ender then it will be alot tougher but the Yanks are far from done.

MLB ERA

I agree in part. The season's not by any means over. However, even if Joba's injury DOESN'T end his season, it could still cripple the Yanks. Their rotation is by no means a strength, and as the Mets saw last year, your rotation and bullpen are the most important keys ina pennant race in september. I don't believe(assuming Joba misses any more than 1-2 starts) that the Yankees have enough pitching to climb over 2 teams in the division, or even to fight off the wild card contenders.